Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline

hello!

i just want to share my experience.

i just photoread a book before sleeping last night and before going to sleep i expect to have a dream of what i have photoread and in the morning i realize that i have a dream but i don't understand my dream and i can't completely recall my dream. i just don't know if my dream and the book i have photoread have connection (i hope so). (By the way my purpose of PRing the book is to be more motivated and to understand the important points of the book.). After eating my breakfast i feel motivated all day(i just don't know if this is an effect of the book i have photoread). And in the afternoon i plan to activate the book and it seems that it worked i used superreading and dipping but it seems that i have some problems cause some of my questions are unanswered.. BTW the title of the book is The Purpose Driven Life..

This night i'm planning to photoread a 48-page booklet entitled the Secrets of Body Language. i hope that i'll be more successful in Photoreading this booklet..

oh! before i forget i have a question..i'm really confused of rapid reading..my question is how is rapid reading done? do i have to read it mentally? do i have to rapid read every line in line?..i'm really confused about this subject..

(sorry for my wrong English)

thanks!

Last edited by stork321; 03/20/09 09:06 AM. Reason: added question

If YOU can't get what YOU want, want what YOU can get..

Hello, stork321!

As being new to photoreading too, I cannot precisely answer your question. I tell only about my procedure of finding answers.

So. I don't remember exactly on what page the answer is. Yes, that is so.But I do supperreading and that helps me a lot.I just move my eyes from the top to the botoom of the page, having my questions in my mind. Somehow during the course of that superreading I get my answers. Then I check the list with my questions if I forget any of them( sometimes I have a lot of them:), then I have to look for missing answers once more, but it goes much quicker, because fast all questions from my list was answered after the first superreading and now during the second time I just add to my knowledge.

When I do rapid reading I don't read line in line, my eyes movement are vertical.

also i know an experience of one man he photoread the book about making advertisement . After photoreading he was disapointed with the results, he seemed to understand nothing, but then when he was on the street or in other places , he started to notice all the tricks how this or that adds was made.so I think this knowledge was in his unconscious mind.

That was my little experience about photoreading. I also would like to listen to more experienced photoreaders.

Helenora,

Just one quick question,

Did you activate in just one pass through the book or did you super read and dip multiple times?
Activation comes best in layers.

Jucktuff13,
i activated in one pass through the book. What do you mean activate in layers?

Last edited by helenora; 03/20/09 07:58 PM.

I mean activate in more than pass through the book.

The first pass should answer your general questions, your second and third and however many more you want should answer questions that come up after the first pass or that weren't answered in the first pass.

Comprehension is built in these "layers," that is, apply the first layer, second layer, third layer and so forth until your comprehension is strong.

OP Offline

@helenora,

thanks for the reply..i really don't understand the concept of rapid reading.

@Jacktuff13,

so activating in layer means to superRead and dip many times until you feel that your comprehension is strong?

Yes, it could be one time, it could be five times.

If you do more than one time though, try to keep it at a maximum 30 minutes per session of activation.

Jacktuff13,

also I can activate only one time in layers. If I get answered all my questions, it's Ok.

If I don't have enough comprehension, then I need to activate one more time or more. one session of activation should last no longer than 30 min.?

If I understand you properly, activation in layers means that after the first pass new questions come up? and then another ones? does it work as if I remember something that I've learned ones before but with the time forgotten ? and activation in layers allows me to remember this "forgotten "information.is it correct?

OP Offline

Jacktuff13,

thanks! one more question..how will i know that i have activated the books successfully or my photoreading session is in right track?

Activation in "layers" simply means going over the book more than one time, Helenora.
You'll still remember information you previously activated, but you will be getting more. Everytime you reread something, you learn something new.

Stork,
How do you know that you normally read a book successfully? You don't really think about that, you just know the information in it. When you have an understanding of the book and can discuss it's content with someone, you have successfully photoread the book.

Your session is on the right track if you do that ^^^ often.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved