Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71198 03/16/09 09:59 PM
OP Offline

Has anybody used paraliminals to help them get up in the mornings? I have enough sleep each night but when the alarm goes off in the mornings I will stay in bed until the last possible moment and then have to rush around getting the children and me ready and say to myself that tomorrow I will get up 30mins earlier!

Sounds like a 'simple' matter of habit reversal. Never tried them with getting up, but I'd go with New Behavior Generator, and/or Break The Habit. Get Around To It might also be useful.

On a practical note, I don't do mornings either, but I can tell you what my friend at university did. She bought one of those alarm clocks with a hammer that rattled between two bells on the top - you know, the old-fashioned, noisy things, and she put it right at the other side of the room, so when it went off, she had to get out of bed to switch it off.

There's a pretty good video on youtube for using EFT for getting up early.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nUED9O7Tlo

Or you could program your alarm clock to drop a spider on your face when it goes off, that way whenever you hear the sound of your alarm clock you would automatically imagine spiders shooting at you...that might get you going

OP Offline

Thank you both for your responses. It's funny since I posted this thread I am waking up earlier and finding it easier to get up!!

I have tried the alarm clock out of reach - but it wakes the whole house up. I will try the EFT technique and let you know how I get on - thank you for the link gwhutton. Have you had good experiences when using tapping?

If I get results with the early riser then I think I'll try the killing procrastination video.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved