Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#71349 03/30/09 06:19 PM
OP Offline

I find the paraliminal tapes are very noisy. I do not like the introduction and the rest is very anoying to my eardrums. I dont respond to them because of this.
Anyone out there that feel the same?

Not at all. If I find it too loud, I simply reduce the volume. You can listen to Paraliminals at a much lower volume than you might think. The effectiveness comes from the meanings your voice hears on the recordings, and your inner mind will hear, and make sense of Paraliminals at a far lower volume than you might think. Also, take the bass boost off when you play them. I have noticed changes while playing the Paraliminals subliminally, at an almost imperceptible volume. Volume will not increase effectiveness. What do you dislike about the introduction?

OP Offline

thank you for the suggestion, I will try to lower the volume to it's minimal. Perhaps it's because I tend to compare those tapes to the Holosync method which is much softer and totally subliminal. We do not hear any voices. I can relax much more with that method.
The introduction on the paraliminal tapes with the voices going from one ear to the other to tell us how to wear the earphones is like telling me I am so stupid I can't put on a pair of earphones!!!

Well, if you're using earbuds, it's not as apparent. No one is calling you stupid, least of all Paul Scheele. Just helping folks get it right. Shoot, I've put on my headphones backwards at times. Sometimes you just grab 'em and aren't paying attention. It is kind of Paul to let me know I've done that. My headphones fit exactly the same whether backwards or not--and earbuds, I'm never sure.

As for the "noise"--at first I was put off and confused by the two voices talking at the same time. But that's why it works so well--the conscious mind is kept busy with one voice, while the other speaks more directly to the other consciousness.

Even so, I'm always reminded that one size seldom ever fits "all," so it could be that they work for some better than others.

My old cd player would not reduce the volume enough for me, so I used to wear my headphones just in front of my ears instead of covering them.

I didn't realize headphones had a dedicated right & left, until Paul mentioned it in the paraliminals!

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I listened with opposite ears--would I get an even different stimulus? Or would it just not be as effective?

Warmest wishes,

Linda
Washington State

Unless a certain signal is related to a certain brain hemisphere, then it is just a convention whether it is right or left side.

Hi payspoule. No, you're not stupid, but as Jeanne pointed out, it's a reminder because you will not get the full benefit from a paraliminal if the ausio isn't going to the right hemisphere. These recordings have been precisely designed so that you get messages that stimulate the processings in the two different hemispheres of your brain.

They are NOT subliminal, and not supposed to be. The very name para-liminal was deliberate in contrasting this too, I believe. Youa re supposed to hear what is being said, but from what I understand, your inner mind is receiving messages and meanings that you are not receiving consciously. It's like the old Eriksonean hypnosis tricks, such as 'You, like me, are interested in fishing'. Say it right and your mind hears 'You like me' even though the textual intent is seemingly different. Only Paraliminals are far more subtle. They do work very well, even at a light level of - dare I say - 'trance'.

One more thing (and I have Linda in mind here too). I might be wrong here so I am open to correction, but I beleieve that you may find the paraliminals irritating/less effective, if your brain hemispheres are reversed. Usually, your left hemisphere is logical and your right is creative, and the Paralimials are crafted to appeal to each hemisphere. It could be that you're hemispheres are reversed, whereby your left if creative and our right is logical. It's nothing abnormal; it just means you need to reverse the earphones. Here's a dead give-away: Are you left handed? If you are, you might need to reverse the head-phones!

Right and left brain link

Above is a link to a thread where we talked about the different sides of the brain. Hopefully this will help some of you in this discussion. I found it interesting enough that I did a lil bit of research into it on my own.

Dan

if my language is german and i dont speak a perfectly english this can be a problem in the paraliminals cds ? or can disminish the effectivity ?? ...

I have no experience with Paraliminals (but I wish I did). However I do have experience with other languages.... I have lived in Italy (7 years), Germany (8 years) and France (8 months), and have spent years learning foreign languages.

You know what? I have found that learning or experiencing something through a foreign language is hugely powerful - much, much more powerful than through our own mother tongue.

My explanation? I believe, based upon my own experience, that we become sensitised to words. This sensitivity can be positive or negative, depending upon our experience. Think of how you react to some heavily 'loaded' words such as 'wrong' or 'fat' or 'beautiful' or 'money' etc.

The magic of operating through a foreign language, i.e. one that is not our native tongue, is that we have no weighting or loading, be that positive or negative. I found myself hearing things more clearly. I had no personal distortions to influence my understanding of the message. Thus in German, 'falsch' meant just that, wrong, or 'dick' meant 'fat' but with none of the mental games. I made huge strides in personal development every time I went to live in a new country.

That is why I have uprooted my entire family and transplanted them from Ireland to France. They are all blossoming in ways they never did before.

How does this relate to your posting? Well, I think Paraliminals in a language that is not your native tongue, will be extra powerful (provided your English is good enough to understand the basic content). Let me know how you get on.

Paul - any chance of producing Paraliminals in French, just for us?
Viel Spass und viel Genuss, Barbarita,
French Claire

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved