Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71378 04/01/09 07:00 PM
OP Offline

Dear sir/madam,
I've read the book of photoreading right at the time when I need it the most.I have an exam in 2 weeks.Sir I am not yet able to see the blip page so I use x technique.But I am not sure whether I am doing it right.Also after photoreading I dont feel any different then I would've if I hadn't photoread.So please help me.And also please tell me a strategy to finish lot of syllabus that is pending for the exam.And one more doubt Sir there are claims of performance by expert photoreaders in front of camera If the spontaneous activation is unreliable how can they take up such a challenge or they have any extension of the techniques in the book.I will be very grateful for ur replies.Pardon me if there are any grammer and spelling mistakes .
Thank u

If you think about whether or not you're doing it right, you're doing it wrong.
It's not about doing it the right way, your brain continually does it every second of the day whether you like it or not.

The X technique is fine, just as long as the whole book is in your view, and you're not focusing on the individual words (although it's ok if you do this sometimes, it happens to everyone) you're fine.

You should've learned this either sooner, or at a time when you didn't NEED it.
Starting it out on school books rarely works.

Spontaneous activation is not unreliable. You're doing it all the time as well. YOu're just not used to doing it with books because you've consciously read every single one in your life.
You just have to use the system enough so that it becomes natural, then you're spontaneous activation will prove very, very reliable.

Forget claims by other people, learn to trust yourself and experience your OWN experiences.
Once you experience someone else's experience, you feel as if you NEED to live up to it and are disappointed when you don't.

Set your own goals, follow through with them, and ignore it if people are doing better than you. You are all that matters.

Hi, Jacktuff13!

I completely agree with you as for working about your own experience in PR then trying to follow another people's patterns. To any extend new photoreader has to do what his teachers say to him , but later he should be more on his own.

Also I'd like to share my joy after my first spontaneous activation.

i was photoreading several books of Tony Buzan and one of my questions was "what does it mean "cortical" ? before I 've never met this word.
after the first layer of activation i made a quick pause and then I just opened the book again and it was the explanation of this term!!!!!! I even didn't search for that, just opened in the right place. may be it's not what is called "spontaneous" activation, because it was only with one question, but I think spontaneous activation is smth like that , only with all your questions and not exactly after the reading but when you need this information for your job or project , whatever.

what I also noticed is that the best technique for finding answers very quick is being relaxed. I think now after my very short time being a photoreader, the key point of all photoreading process is being in relaxed state of mind, but remain in primary consciousness.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved