Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71414 04/05/09 07:12 PM
Tasha Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi,

I would like to purchase SFQ but a lot of people have told me that Reiki is a better option. Does anyone know if QiGong aligns the chakras?
I want to learn an energy technique where I can align and balance my chakras, heal myself and others (in close contact or distance), increase/fortify my aura (I guess you can say I'm coming from a Spiritual Growth angle). Can I learn all this with QiGong?

Thank you very much for your time. I eagerly await an answer.

-Tasha

Tasha #71417 04/06/09 03:57 AM

The simple answer is "Yes"! You can learn all this with SFQ.

The somewhat more complicated answer is "It depends"... on the person, on how much they are willing to practice etc.

SFQ has 4 levels that you can study. Level 1 & 2 already open one up to a lot of spiritual energy if that is what one a) is looking for b) has an intention for each practice and c) continues to explore as one gets deeper in.

I think which is "better" is so subjective that I would not touch it with a ten meter pole! Better question is which is better for you? And no one can answer that but you. I think it is entirely possible that you can get to the same place with either one, but one might get you there faster or clearer than the other.

I have my own personal opinions on the specific subject of Reiki and SFQ, but I will keep them to myself and besides I am certainly no expert on comparing practices. Again, it is subjective and no one can really answer that for another. There have been plenty of people on this forum who use both and get a lot of benefit from both.

Just speaking personally, for me it is better to focus on one at a time for a year or more before I begin exploring another and my focus has been SFQ for 4 years. I have been studying qigong in various forms for about 35 years or so. And my favorite is SFQ!

In SFQ we don't use the same exact energy "map" or language as those systems that talk about chakras. We do talk about 12 energy centers in the Small Universe meditation and there are 3 dantiens, lower, middle and upper. Level 1 focuses on "aligning" and fortifying the lower dantien (deep in behind the navel) to some extent, while also opening up all the energy channels in the body. The key word is "balance".

As for healing yourself and others, well that is the bread and butter of SFQ! Close proximity energy healing is taught in Level 1 & 2. Level 1 focuses more on healing yourself and developing your own spiritual energy, while Level 2 shifts the balance more to healing others. But like all things that deal with yin and yang, there is plenty of both in both.

Distance healing is more for Levels 3 & 4. There is no home study course for Level 3 (although there are some materials one can get from the SFQ center and some of these can help with those aspects, but it is far better to try and attend a retreat or class when one is ready for that).

SFQ's invitation is more about healing. But in my now almost 4 years journey on the SFQ path, I have found it is FAR more about spiritual growth and more than many other things I have learned (and my career is all about spirituality and has been as a professional for 13 years and as an "amateur" (lover of something), for about 40 years.

Master Chunyi Lin is a true spiritual teacher and the home study materials really do carry a lot of his energy and "aura", in my experience.

I hope that helps.

blessings,

Steve
shakurav #71427 04/06/09 08:36 PM
Tasha Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you so very much for your prompt answer Shakurav. It helps a lot. I appreciate you taking your time to explain the different levels of SFQ.

I am an amateur about "energy practices" and spiritual growth. I started "learning" more about this in march. And I've learned that everyone says something different and it is very difficult for a "true" beginner to know who to follow/listen to/ and learn from. Which is why I truly appreciate your honest answer.

Thank you very much again and I wish you the best.

-Tasha

Tasha #71434 04/06/09 10:48 PM

You are quite welcome, Tasha. And maybe the best way to know the way to follow is to use your own intuition. No matter where you are on the journey or in your level of development, just shut off all phones, put a sign on the door "do not disturb", create a sacred space for yourself however you feel you need to do that (light incense, light a candle, chant a sacred word or phrase, go into a forest, or near a body of water, whatever works for you) and simply ask "please guide me and show me what tools to use and paths to tread as I walk the way to best know Spirit".

Then just be quiet. Watch whatever thoughts come and go and just let them. And when you are done with the session follow whatever you think or feel is best. Just go with it. And no matter what, the chances are good that you will be moving in the right direction.

blessings,

Steve

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved