Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi everyone,

Got lots to discover, lots and lots. I have listened to the CD1 and the have done the meditations once only. As I was listening to the meditation of finding out the next step in self improvement, the image of power or rather crown came to my head and then the image of the stick of Jesus. Then As I went deeper into meditation, the crown turned into colorful jims on it. Then I saw the evil horns which turned into batman. Finally I saw clear water with stone underneath it. Then I saw sunflower opening up with too many seeds i the middle. The sun flower was blooming and opened up all the way with seeds. Then i saw the so many sun flowers the were closed or rather so many corns in a form feild. I need to now what the sunflower symboilzes.

MY second meditation was about in the box a mist round cloud with the ping circle turning around it in synchorony. The ping cloud around this tool or thing made me feel very warm. I don't know what all this symbolizes.
Did anyone else have similar experinces.

Dear Discoverer (great name that!),

It is exciting, isn't it.

I really resonate to your sunflower symbol. Here, in the part of France where I live, there are breath-taking fields of sunflowers which turn their heads to follow the path of the sun across the sky. One of the first things I did when we bought our holiday home here (now our main residence) was to buy a vase large enough to stand on the floor by my desk and hold at least five huge sunflowers. For me sunflowers embody brightness, generosity, light, abundance, learning, summer sun, glowing, lots of pollen for honey bees and seeds for wild birds in winter .....

Regarding the significance of symbols, I rather liked (no really loved) how Jack asked us let the symbol speak to us and tell us what wisdom it had to offer us. Hence the significance(s) that you associate with your symbol(s) is probably of far greater importance than anything I can share with you.

The first symbol I got (meditation in the theatre) was a bright, glowing moon. I was a bit disappointed as I thought it was a bit of a cliche. However when I let it speak to me, I found all sorts of wonderful meanings that I could attach to 'my' symbol. For me the moon is light and bright = enlightenment; then it magnetises (tides etc)= I want to become an more effective magnet through this course; for me it also means harmony and balance (as a counterpoint to the sun) and a few other things too.

I printed out a photo from the internet which came closest to my 'vision', wrote my 'personal wisdoms' underneath it and have put it on my visions-board, my goal board too (as I want to be more centred and less polarised as a short-term goal). This was rewarding for me and by the end of the exercise I had so much dopamine, seratonin and endorphins coursing through my blood that I was on a total high. I really felt connected to my highest power.

My second point, and one that I would really like to explore academically, is whether my inner guidance is actually non-verbal. This seems more and more evident to me. Hence the ease I have in generating and learning from symbols. Also I seem to get my best insights when I am Holosyncing, walking, or generally keeping my conscious mind otherwise occupied. I remember reading about 20 years ago, that previous generations spent large tracts of their day doing repetitive actions e.g. washing clothes, digging in the garden, chopping wood, tossing hay, you name it. The article went on to explain that sustained repetitive actions put our mind into a quasi-meditative state, which makes the brain receptive to guidance, messages, visions, and insights.... Over the years, I have kept this nugget of information alive, and I do notice that I am at my most mentally creative and insightful when my brain is minimally occupied with routine, repetitive tasks. Jack talks of having insights in the shower.... well I have epiphanies in the shower. All my best ideas come while cleansing my body under a refreshing spray. Could it be my conscious mind is 'busy' showering, letting my non-verbal intelligence make itself heard?

Here's hoping you get lots of wisdom from your personal symbols, Discoverer!

French Claire
PS. Returning to my moon-shine symbol, last Saturday we had our 'Portes Ouvertes' or Open Doors Day at the high school where I currently work. The Chinese tutor was painting Chinese characters for parents and students.... She offered to 'characterise' me, looked me carefully up and down, and wrote two symbols which translate into English as "moon" and "light". That really made me think!

The Shamatha Project by Alan Wallace has done a scientific study of Tibetan meditation. You can download his oral presentation on the results from: http://www.sbinstitute.com/LecturesMP3.html
I still need to listen to him.

OP Offline

Thank you for your greate insight French Claire, it truly was very helpfull. Regarding shower, I usually sing in the shower but I think it depends on the kind of water temperature and what kind of cent or soup, smell or salt you use for relaxation. I have also heard about people getting inside a water thank to depreve themself from sensery interference so that they can relax and communicate with their insight or inner creative self. The shinning moom is very very intersting...but I also have come across clear water and under the watter I can see the sand..I am sure it means something but I have to find out. I didn't get a chance to repeat CD1 but will for sure to since it is relaxing and will see if I get the same result as the first time I tired it.
And uniquesoul thank your for the link, I didn't get a chance to listen to the audio but did see the site, looks interesting.
Bye for now

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

If you cannot understand the meaning of your own symbols check out the feelings or words you associate with them. Your meaning and someone else's are significantly different.

Remember if the symbol triggered a specific feeling then that feeling is the symbol not the image.

AlexK

French Claire,

You often mention Holosync in your posts. Would you mind telling me more about that?

Jacqueline

Go to http://www.centerpointe.com and you can find all the necessary information.

Looks interesting. Do many of you use Holosync? Is it really all it promises in the long, very long, description on the centerpointe website?
I would really love to be able to meditate better (deeper, more relaxed).
Jacqueline

I think it is a great program, even if it takes years to complete. The program induces brainwaves. Some people feel relaxed, others need to combined it with deep relaxation (or self-hypnosis) to be more benefits from it.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved