Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Col Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello

We are painting/carpeting our master and guest bedrooms - choosing colors has become a challenge using Feng Shui since both bedrooms fall into two sectors that don't necessarily play well together.

General question is: when a room falls into two sectors, which sector do you choose - the primary one (over 50%) or can you choose either? And what if the two sectors have conflicting elements?

In our case:
My husband (9,East) and I (7,West)are opposites, which presents other challenges, but we are both FIRE element.
Period 8 house, NW1 Mountain. Moved in Nov 2007.

75% of Master bedroom is in the East sector (Wood) enhanced by Water but weakened by Fire. We currently have blue wall-to-wall carpet and white walls - and sluggishness, tiredness, lack of motivation has slowly increased since we moved in. I now think the blue carpet is putting out our "fire". It's like we're treading water in careers, finances, physical energy, etc.

I'd go with greens in the MBR, but 25% of room is NE (earth) which is destroyed by wood and enhanced by fire.
So which way to go? Not even getting into the East disaster & NE Conflict Stars. One idea we have - paint a neutral taupe color that will allow us to bring in purples for our fire, and greens for the East's wood.

Guest room is 75% North (Water) and 25% NE (Earth). Not as much conflict, but still some unless we go with light blues (don't really want to). Neutrals here with accents possible?

Thanks much!
Col

Col Offline OP
OP Offline

Wanted to repost (the paint sale is over in a few days!)

Basically - when a room falls into two sectors, which sector do you choose - the primary one (over 50%) or can you choose either? And what if the two sectors have conflicting elements?

Master bedroom is 75% in the East sector (wood) and 25% in NE (earth). The East sector also falls partly into our master bath. Both of us are fire elements. We're removing blue carpeting which is affecting us I think.

since there seem to be several conflicts betw earth/wood/fire ... what about neutral taupe walls and carpet and add decor/accents placed in proper sectors to enhance NE/E and our fire?

Same issue with guest room - 75% N (water) and 25% NE (earth). not as bad but we weren't thinking of painting it blue...

Thank you much!
C

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Col,

You can always go with an off-white, and add accents in the areas through the bed spreads, artwork, etc., depending on the sector they fall.

You can also go with the colors range that represents the major sector that room falls into, or it's enhancing range of colors. Look at what works with the "style" of the room/house. Sometime the sector or enhancing colors work well with the overall feel of the house, and other times not, in which case you can go with the neutral and accent it.

Sometime one can get creative with a wall color that could be considered metal or earth, for example. That takes some time and luck.

In regards to fortune element colors, remember, that they are used as a small accent in a room, rather than strong influence in the room.

If you have the Diamond edition of the course with Time Feng Shui, look at what is called for, as well as what is not wanted in those locations according to the 20-year period stars.

Much Love, Shawn

Col Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you - I do have Diamond Edition, got a bit confused since havent gotten to study that yet.

As a NW1 house, the master bedroom is primarily in East (Disaster Star). Cure with moving metal (makes sense, chop the wood perhaps) and still wood (confusing since East = wood, Id think that'd strengthen it). However, as my master bath is in the East sector also, maybe I don't need to cure the Disaster Star. However, I close the drains/door based on L1/L2 DFS. Does bath need to be open to drain a negative star or should I leave bath closed up, and cure the star?

I am acting as follows: when a positive and negative star are in same sector and that sector has a bathroom, I should just cure everything and keep the bath closed up.

NE (25% of master bedroom) has Relationship, Abundance and also Conflict Star. Busy place! I will add a painting of still water and wood qi seems to be the cure there as well, for all 3 stars.

Hope I'm "getting it" - thank you and have a great day - C

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Col,

A couple of things:

Pass on the picture of still water in the bedroom. IS there part of the NE sector that does not fal into either bedroom? Then place that still water activation there.

Remember, you only need to clear the sector in one place, even if it spans a couple rooms. If there is a non-bedroom area you can do the still water painting, fine, but keep it out of the bedrooms.

In the mainly North Guest BR, go with a soft or muted metal color, as the main wall color, or as the main colors in the room with a neutral, off-white,non earth wall color. There are all sorts of even neutral wall colors that may have a hint/tint of metallic to them to cover your metallic and at the same time not be so "gungho" on a dominant color. No "water" colors as the dominant color in the room.

AS for curing the disaster star than overlaps the bathroom. You may not have to. Notice how things are playing out, and if it still seems strong, then place a cure.

Any of the "Wood" colors would be a recommendations for the dominant colors in mainly East MBR room.

Also a “touch” of a "metal" should be used in the area equal to one of the four walls of the space. This can literally be one wall of the room or the curtains, rugs, large furniture, or large paintings. No dominant "water" colors or images.

You can also go neutral, non-earth, off white, and use shapes representative of these two elements. For example, for Wood, you can use stripes. Again, reference the Nine Directions Chart for more details.

White or off-white ceilings are fine in any area.

Much Love,

Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved