Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#71565 04/16/09 04:12 PM
lisac Offline OP
OP Offline

I have gone through the ES "receiving your purpose" 2x now and it's pretty...frustrating to open a box and not find any gift inside. I know I have a purpose, but for some reason I must not be allowing it. Any thoughts or ideas? Thank you for helping!

Hi lisac

I dont know if i can help but I thought I would share my opinion with you if thats ok. I dont know why there is nothing inside the box when you open it. My first impressions are either you are subconsciously resisting the process, and in that case I would suggest hanging in there and continue to be playful with the process and try again; or alternatively maybe not finding a gift IS the gift. Maybe thats something to explore because I believe you are seeing, or not seeing what you need to.

Hi,
I got the same 'problem'. The " My Next step" theater screen was just black for me, and the "my purpose" box was kind of the same - I saw some sort of a book after a while though - but I have a feeling that I 'put' it their myself with my consciouse mind.
I hope someone from the Staff would comment on this 'problem' of not seeing any symbols or things.
Thanks.

Thank you for reading this!

When I did this meditation, a most unexpected image appeared for me. Unexpected partly because I almost expected not to see anything! But I asked what it meant and came up with some very good insights - and as I consider my next steps, it continues to add to my insights.
My suggestion, for what it's worth, is to consider the blackness - or emptiness to be the answer - and do as instructed - ask what it means and go from there.
One little story to consider - A class of young children was learning about Easter and the symbols that are used in conjunction with it. The teacher handed out one of those little plastic Easter eggs that opens up and asked the children to each put something inside that reminded them of Easter and bring it back next week to share. As the eggs were opened the next week, she commented on the symbolism of the items enclosed - a chicken, a jelly bean, a bunny, a pebble, etc. Then she opened the egg coming from Mike, a handicapped child that she was never sure understood what was taught. The egg was empty and she started to explain again that the contents were supposed to represent something important to them about Easter. Mike responded, "I didn't put anything in because the tomb was empty." - And the teacher felt taught!
I think answers flow as we accept what does come and use gentle curiosity to discover more. I couldn't always do that - in fact it is only recently that I have learned to work with that 'effortless' learning. I promise you it is something worth learning.
May you create a wonderful day today!
Margaret Ida

Hi All,
Thanks, Margaret for your perspective on this. What I am learning is that asking appears to be less a specific action I do and more a kind of orientation toward life that can be developed. Something that I remember from Anthony Robbins that is only now beginning to register is that "Ask means ASK UNTIL". If you get nothing, ask again, or as you've said, ask, "what does nothing mean?", or "What's behind that nothing?", etc.
What you're calling "gentle curiosity" says it for me, and it may be that this, much like "gratitude" and "appreciation" are attitudes that we can practice and learn until they become habits. Even more to the point, perhaps, these are attributes that are inherent in our very nature, and perhaps re-discover them through some combination of attention, practice, and the releasing of "less refined" vibrational states.
Anyway, when I opened the box, what I found was a razor blade, one of those old double edge ones that your dad (well, certainly my Dad) used to shave with. I've gotten some hits on it's meaning myself, and asked some friends for their impressions. Anyway, this morning I decide to make this idea of maintaining an orientation of curiosity and asking(particularly regarding this business of "Life Purpose") a place to bring attention.
Blessings!
Stevers

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

I went through a similar experience years back. I was looking for my purpose and kept coming up empty or getting the message to wait. Frustrating given my circumstances at the time. I have since learned that coming up empty isn't in fact empty. It's everything. The all that you can be.

Paul suggested that I give the course a rest. My intuition disagreed. I decided to continue the course and then the clarity came.

So my advise is keep going you might need some other pieces of the puzzle before you start building a picture for your life purpose.

AlexK

Thanks, Alex, for your encouragement. This morning I decided to make "discovering and defining my Life Purpose" a formal goal for the ES Course. I'd been hanging out with the first image of the double-edged razor blade ("discernment that cuts both ways" being one of my leading interpretations) over the last week plus, while attending a silent meditation retreat. Today it occurred to me that there was no reason I should stop at one image (funny how we sometimes limit ourselves) and went back to Jack's guided meditation for Life Purpose. This time I got a monkey, which quickly morphed into Curious George (pretty obvious what that attribute would be, eh?) I decided to ask for another image before the track ended and immediately got a ruby. Went up on-line straight away to see if there were any readily available interpretations and quickly found "king of gemstones, passion and powerful feelings, devotion, love, and immortality".

So things are definitely moving. I plan to keep asking for refinements regarding the symbols I've gotten so far and asking for new symbols as my intuition guides. I think I've got enough now to begin to wordsmithing a statement. I'll fill in other details as they arrive.

I welcome feedback and/or dialog with others. Feel free to offer your own interpretations of symbols I've gotten so far or share your own process.

Hello there Stevers,
I read your post with interest - especially the ruby bit. Somewhere else we were discussing symbols, and both I and someone else got a ruby too. I was a bit downcast at getting such an 'obvious' or blatant symbol as a key for my life purpose, as it seemed a bit unimaginative and in your face. However it was an incredibly beautiful key, in gold, obviously crafted by a master craftsman (oops, craftsperson) with a gorgeous red ruby in the centre of the handle.

I love your research findings and I can relate those interpretations. And now I think of it, I am a genuine adventurer, and I feel I live life to the full, so a key to open all those doors is just ideal. It is nice just to be able to relax and 'trust' my true self chose the perfect symbol for me, and the more I reflect on it, the more I delight in the symbol I got.

I too am at the stage where defining my Life Purpose is a priority. Having a clear intention like this makes ES much more meaningful and exciting. I feel that I have made huge progress in knowing what I love, what I really want/thrill to do. So I sat down and generated a very meaningful life purpose for myself one afternoon. Having that done feels like a tremendous step forward as I don't feel torn in different directions. I can look at opportunities and see it they are aligned with my true desires or not.... decisions have become so straightforward.

At the moment I feel I know exactly what I want and what to do next. Work colleagues (they are new as I started a new position just 10 days ago) walk up to me and say they love my life philosophy - something has changed as people just did not do that before. And I'm not even aware of having broadcast anything about my life philosophy - I am just taking steps in living life according to my own script.

Treasure that ruby,
French Claire

Hi Back at you, French Claire,

Congratulations on your breakthroughs, both with your mother (with the help of the Sedona Method) and with finding a clarity of Life Purpose so that you are knowing what you want and what to do next.

I do have the sense that taking the time and energy to dance with these different symbols until I am able to articulate a Life Purpose will serve to galvanize my attention to bring a kind of clarity and simplicity to my actions. As a person with a great many interests, one of my life-long challenges has been keeping the energy of my attention from scattering over to large an expanse of territory for too long a time. As part of my work with the ES course, I have been asking my intuition for support with grounding, and it is probably no coincidence that a mandate of getting a more solid sense of Life Purpose has come to the fore. Perhaps you have been experiencing something similar?

I have appreciated the thoughtfulness of your entries and your willingness to put yourself out there via this forum. I have had the ES course for just under a month now, and have digested the material sufficiently enough to feel ready, willing, and able to dialog with, support, and be supported by yourself and anyone else who cares to play this game called "Living the Law of Attraction".

All the best,
Stevers

Thanks for the fast and encouraging response, Stevers.

I enjoyed your 'dancing with symbols' metaphor. I totally agree with this, as ES symbols may be partners in our development for a protracted period or simply until we get the message (perhaps just the length of time the dance music is playing). The symbols (in my view) are merely there as a conduit to better hear our true self.

In fact I feel the primary benefit of ES has been to put me closely in touch with my true self. Previously my loud-and-dominant-and-very-determined ego tended to drown out the subtle presence of my true self. I am almost certain that my true self is non-verbal (while my ego is a chatterbox and very expert at attracting all my attention). Thus dancing with symbols is strong and real for me - it is visual, kinesthetic, melodious, sensual. When I look at my dreamboard and see my two symbols (a shining moon and an ornate gold key (with ruby!), I can instantly link with my true self. The visual/sensory image activates my true self and circumvents my chatterbox-distracting ego.

I find (like you) that I have so many interests and skills which are distributed across different domains = psychology, languages, the environment, history, architecture, travel, and, and, and....

Again, ES with the serious undertaking of generating 101 goals, was a hugely rewarding activity. The first 50 or so goals were easy to find and definitely ego driven. After I had blown off my steam on the first 50, my true self started to reveal that which is fundamental to me - thus a source of genuine satisfaction and pure joy. I found my goals from 50+ were really uplifting, hugely creative, they represent me, they encapsulate my spirit, and they reflect my values.

Now I am finding that Sedona (releasing my feelings and the accompanying physical sensations which are anchored to them) is a third route for deflating Ego, leaving me more and more in the company of my true self.

Actually I am almost emotional (a joyful feeling) writing this, as I feel I'm actually getting to the core of who I am and what I want. Glad you can relate to my 'outpourings'. I find that writing things down has a triple benefit:
a) that of sharing with others - without sharing there would be no forum = accelerating growth;
b) articulating the workings of my true self, thus quite a challenge to articulate = I gain clarity;
c)making it public makes me more honest with myself = I am genuinely focussed on positive change on a regular basis.

Adieu,
French Claire

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved