Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi everyone! I have the You can do it! paraliminal set! Does burning the CDs to my iPod on WAV format decrease the CDs effectiveness? Thank you!

No, it doesn't. Centerpointe recommends it when Holosync technology is involved.

WAV is standard CD format. to ensure no loss of the holosync technology or anything else this is what you want. mp3 or aiff or some other formats are compressed, meaning they take out some of the frequencies to save file space. Functionally this means you could be loosing some of the buried subliminal stuff that is the main component of how holosync works.

No, I don't think so. Because I already did the same thing and I think it has the same quality, still.

If the Paraliminal contains the Holosync Technology use the following as a guide.

It is not recommend to use compressed formats like mp3 for your Holosync/Autofonix soundtracks. Compression can diminish the effectiveness of some binaural beat technologies like Holosync.

You can copy your Holosync/Autofonix soundtracks to your iPod or other media device using the following audio file formats without losing effectiveness:

WAV
AIFF
FLAC
APE (Monkey's Audio)
SHN

Note that the above list includes commonly used lossless or uncompressed file formats. Your media player may support other formats not listed.

I use AIFF for my iPod and I have analyzed the audio results with no differences between the the original and copy..

Hope this helps

RAD Offline

Hi, I just realized I've been listening in mp4 format. It seems to work okay. I'm converting to wav format for my ipod however itunes asks you for a sample rate and sample size. I put in 16kHz (rate) and 16 bit (size). Is that right? Apple recommends you don't upload it faster than how it was created but I didn't find that info on the Learning Strategies or Centerpointe websites. Thanks!

RAD Offline

Hi there, now I'm confused. I read this under the FAQ. So, is it necessary to use wav or aiff formats to get the full benefit of paraliminals?

Can you convert the new Paraliminal soundtracks with Holosync into mp3 files or other files used by computers or players such as the iPod?

Yes. Absolutely. The Paraliminal portion will not be affected by such compression. The head engineer at Centerpointe Research Institute says that only the deeper levels of Holosync use a frequency that is cut off by compression.

Yes, I agree. It is confusing as important people provide conflicting information. In my case, I use WAV for any brain entrainment CD as it mirrors best the original.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Paraliminals are effective without the Holosync soundtrack.So if you happen to over compress them as long as you have the stereo you'll still have the original Paraliminal benefit. I prefer MP3 256 variable bit rate. This does keep the entrainment track which is not as deep as the tracks used for the Holosync program.

If I use the Paraliminals with a light and sound device I don't mind losing the Holosync soundtrack. \:\)

AlexK

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved