Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
THFC Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi there I used paraliminals for the first time yesterday..I tried the prosperity cd. Anyway so I did it..and fine I thought...il do it again tomorrow blah blah.
Anyway that night I felt myself or my conciousness or whatever u want to call it floating out of my body and hover just above my body...I struggled win it and forced myself back into my body...but spent the night being a little scared of the experience.
Has anybody had any similar experiences?...or anyone tell me what was going on? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...thank u.

It's never happened to me. Usually, with "Prosperity" though, it does leave me with an exceptional sense of well-being. Do you suppose that your event might be related to something else, rather than the paraliminal?

Hi.. It's been a while since your original posting, but I just read it.. so for what it's worth... That did happen to me once,(not with the paraliminals), so I know how you felt. It IS a very frightening feeling. I had a friend with me, and I remember asking him to put his hand on my shoulder so I could "find my body"! I had never been in such a situation, but somehow I knew if I had some kind of sensory perception, it would work.. and it did.
I have been told if you intend to try for the OBE.. as you go into relaxation, to imagine that you have a light silver cord tied around your waist.. then when you want to come back, your mind will have that anchor to use. Makes sense to me.. it's only fear that is frightening. It was years ago, but I remember the sensation of floating out there in the black universe.. and it was fantastic!
(By the way.. I'm a very practical school teacher..so don't dismiss those experiences as impossible.. The mind can do anything!)

I did notice, the first time I aligned my futon with the right direction for my goal, when lisatening to Sonic Access, I got a warm, tingling sensation running through my body. I had been listening to it out of alignment up until then.

I'm a teacher too, Momg. I wish some of the kids could see what they are really capable of. But isn't that our job?...

I used to have OBEs all the time. Right from when I was a small child. As I grew up with it, I never saw it as anything other than a wonderful feeling, something that I enjoyed.
Later I had the misfortune to meet up with Scientology where they tried to convince me that this was an extremely dangerous thing to have.... their reasoning was I could have an OBE while driving a car and either kill myself or someother innocent victim.
They harangued and harrassed me until I agreed to have 'treatment' for this (fantastically expensive and paid in full by me). Once they started trying to iron this OBE phenomenon out of my being, I got furious, and came to my senses, and decided that these occurances were absolutely no risk to me or anyone else. Sadly OBEs no longer occur for me - I think because I started to view them as abnormal, dangerous and wrong.
So just know that if you can leave your body, you can get back too. Enjoy the whole adventure and treasure it. Being afraid and OBEs do not go hand in hand, in my opinion.
Adieu, adieu,
French Claire

Last edited by French Claire; 05/12/09 07:50 PM. Reason: forgot PS

Guess what? I am a teacher too (at the moment, as I intend to change out of national education to something far, far more exciting).

I only get OBE's in bed when falling asleep. They tend to be a bit scary as I feel like somebody pushing my body or threatening me. I would prefer to crawl out of my body, if I could.

Guess what! I had an OBE today while I was supervising a class. I really witnessed the event. I was sooooo BIG my body couldn't contain me (felt perfectly OK), and I had no desire to reduce in size. At the same time I could observe my body which was functioning just as always. After a few minutes it just passed off.

I didn't see this thread when it first came about either...
They are nothing to be afraid of, depending on your belief system then can mean any number of things. I don't have them all of the time but I always like them when I do!

Keeping in line with the forum however...LS uses OBEs as a way of objectivly looking at where we've been and what we're doing. I believe it New Option Generator that has us look at our path in life. New Behavior has us look at 4 paths (if I'm wrong on the actually PL please feel free to correct me).

I don't believe that prosperity does this; however, if that would be beneficial to a particular person our mind would do it all on its own. Different things can be very scary...I would encourage you or any of us for that matter to embrace it in this case!!!

See what can possibly come about from the new experience!

Dan

I didn't know you could have an OBE while fully functional in another activity, like French Claire's supervision of a class.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved