Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71639 04/20/09 08:43 AM
OP Offline

Hi

I have started course two, and have worked through the life purpose exercise for the third time now (I havent progressed past this point as I have some resistance there for some reason).

I was amazed to discover how similar my third life purpose statement is to my second life purpose statement which was written a couple of weeks ago, and which I had subsequently forgotten what I had written.

Thats not my question though. I am rather surprised to read both my life purpose statements and discover that they were mostly about me, and not particularly about helping/supporting/teaching others at all, which seems to be a common thread Ive experienced with personal growth courses. Can a life purpose predominantly be self centered? My life purpose appears to be about growing and being happy and playful:)

Thanks for your thoughts in advance.
Intentional One

I think we are here on a mission to help the planet to evolve. I grant you that being the embodiment of happiness will assist other people in becoming more joyful. However, we also need to have a purpose which will assist people a bit in material sense.

Maybe this is not the right time for you to get your purpose in life. So you need to be patient and persist. You may be in a resistant situation which is only temporary.

I'm having trouble with ALL of it, and need to review Course One. This is such a different way of thinking and, re-programming a mindset, after over 1/2 century, is hard work! For example, I wonder if I should review and "semi-master" course one, or jump right into course two?
We will all have our unique challenges with this, so we should probably just "go with what we get" at this time . . . .?

It's up to you how you tackle a course. You may listen to all of it first before starting with the work. You need to be patient and accept that there will be setbacks. After all you must have bought ES to get a major shift in your life.

OP Offline

Hi Ricki

What I have done with course one is I firstly made a commitment to do all the exercises, and continue to do them as I am studying course two. I am trying to make the applicable ones a daily ritual, and for the most part I have. I re-listen to Jacks words, I have put my faith in the process, and then I am simply letting the universe do what it does best and support me, while taking note of what happens around me.

Im sensing you are feeling a little uncomforatble doing the ES course. Can I give you my thoughts?

What helps me, and what may help you, are words from T Harv Eker:

"The only time you are actually growing is when you are feeling uncomfortable".

This alone inspires me to keep going and feel excited when I am feeling uncomfortable, because i know I am making progress and am growing.

Also "The secret to success is not to try to avoid or get rid of or shrink from your problems; the secret is to grow yourself so you are bigger than your problems". This reminds me to step up and be a bigger person.

Lastly "how you do anything is how you do everything". This reminds me to keep on with the exercises and look for the lessons and the gifts.

I hope that in some way these words help you as they are helping me. Its such a wonderful adventure.

Intentional One

Hello Ricki,
Glad someone else out there is half a century old - I'm getting there.
I can only refer to my experiences, and I worked through Course One first and only moved on when I felt I had got a handle on it. Now working through Course Two I am convinced I did the right thing, as Course Two deepens and builds on Course One.
I found all the exercises to be really beneficial, though I doubted that at the time. I wasn't really into writing 101 goals - five or ten, maybe... However I genuinely want to break through the success barrier, using methodology and not 'magic' or 'secrets', so I determined to learn from "Master Jack". If he said to do something, I just did it.
Only after doing the 101 goals exercise did I understand the real process behind it. I wrote 107 goals in all, and found I had to write about 50 before I started to get in touch with what really gave me joy. In other words my life-purpose and fountain-of-happiness is buried under numerous layers of must-dos, should-dos, would-be-good-to-dos etc. Once I had listed all of those, I started to get in touch with my real inner self, and I tapped into about 60 dream goals that I would love to achieve. I also started to tap into patterns in my goals, so I could cluster them (e.g. places I would love to visit, activities that give me unadulterated joy, dreams that are now obsolete and I could relegate to the rubbish heap).
Good luck and let us know what happens.
Take care and happy ES,
French Claire

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved