Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

While I am a new user of Photoreading, I originally became familiar with it from a Win Wenger book and purchased the course in 1997 and really did not give it a try until now. I understand that I am trying to get my brain into an alpha state which is the photofocus state. When I try to photoread a book, because my conscious mind starts to recognize words here and there which I want to avoid it getting in the way, would it be a good idea to photoread a book upside down effectively turning the pages from right to left rather that left to right?
Ted

Yes!!

OP Offline

Is it better to turn the pages from left to right or can I turn them right to left?
By the way would the Sylva method exercise to reach the alpha state help to get into the photofocus state?
Ted

Whatever you are comfortable and confident with is best for you. It all works.

Additionally your 'unconscious mind' records all, no matter your 'state of mind'.

Photoreading is not 'state of mind' dependent, though using it on the other side; recall, mastery and goodly use does have requirements, though they can generally be summed up nicely as 'gentle confidence'.

The Silva method is based upon reaching the alpha state.

OP Offline

So would it be logical to conclude that someone wanting to photoread, should get into a state in which he or she has direct access to the subconscious mind and AVOID at all costs that true devil's advocate, our conscious mind? That would mean that the alpha state would be optimal state whether that would be by meditation or silva method? Then would I be correct to assume that the relaxation exercise to get to the photofocus state is really an attempt to approach the alpha state?
Thanks
Ted

Going IN is happening 'NO MATTER WHAT'.

Turn the pages in a random order while drunk in a naked orgy, your 'unconscious mind' still records it all.

The conscious mind is the gate on the WAY OUT.

Think about these common statements:

"I knew what to do but didn't."

"If only I had followed my heart!"

"I went against my own instincts."

Everyone is divine; it is the 'personality' that is 'programmed'.

And the personality is the GATE keeper with keys to use of power and expression, not 'recording'.

When I Photoread a book, I also recognise some words on the blip page with my conscious mind. Is it not OK for Photoreading process? from time to time I pay attention to that.

IF you think it is not OK and that it is a curse from the god of mediocrity then of course you are doomed!

Your choice.

S-M-I-L-E-S

Lighten up, it is 'superstition' reinforcing a 'less than fear'.

you think it's not so bad? then OK.you have a good sense of humor:)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved