Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71729 04/26/09 12:09 PM
Darb Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi fellow Photoreaders,

I am fairly new to PR. I am still studying the Home Study Course (it's an excellent coarse). Like most of us in the modern world I lead an extremely busy life. I own a business and employ 8 people in a very complex field (electronics servicing). I also have 3 young children. Between staff, kids, many clients and reps I'm lucky if I get 5 to 10mins in between "interruptions". My only "quiet" time is around 30mins before bed. I know this should be enough time for maybe 1 or 2 books, but my lifestyle has raised some questions I would like to run by experienced PRs.

How does one PR in busy or chaotic environments? Can it be done? If so, what is the process? Is anyone else in a similar scenario? How much PRing do you get done in a given week?

Thanks for your time.

It will take an upfront investment of 30-40 hours to master PR enough for the investment to turn around and save you time.

Once you know it; 5-10 minute sessions are just fine.

Maybe a long weekend? Can someone watch the family for a weekend?

Kind Regards!

Darb Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello Yukala

Thank you for your response. Do you think the initial investment needs to be done in one "hit" or is it possible to do this in blocks. The CD course I have tends to do it in blocks.

Slightly off the subject, I must admit, during the initial phases of study/training, I have mainly been reading the materials in the conventional mode. I find the whole thing is a bit "chicken and egg" at the start. I don't think it's a great idea to PR until you have a grasp on the process. I think to do so is to set yourself up for failure.

Blocks of time would work just fine, but I would keep to the vision of how it will make things easier after you master it.

I would also use another book to practice on and study PR the old way. It took me about 10 days to get it.

After that I cleared out a backlog of reading in the next few months that could have taken years the old way.

Kind Regards!

Darb Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Yukala! I really look forward to reaching a point of being "fluid" with my technique and tearing up my reading backlog!!!

Thank you again for your words of advice and encouragement.

You welcome!

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

5 to 10 minutes for activation is fine. That's how much we play with in the seminar.

I tell my students to look for the minutes here and there and PhotoRead a book. Instead of channel surfing during a commercial break mute the TV and PhotoRead a book. You'll learn to flip the pages faster. Do that while waiting in a line at the bank (have a book with you). Same for activation. A scrap of paper with your trigger words and questions as a bookmark. Capture the 5 minutes or so.

If you wait until you have time you'll never catch up.

AlexK

Darb Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Alex. Your words of wisdom are appreciated.

You are spot on, if I wait until I "have time" I'll never catch up. From your comments it seems like I should be able to fit PR into most facets of life.

I need to stop talking about it and just dive in and do it!!!

Something I do, if I'm really busy and have a thick 20+ chapter book that's highly technical (like the complete reference on firewalls) then I'll take a minute in the morning to PR chapter one. During the day I'll skim it and activate here and there for a minute or two. The next day I'll work on chapter two. Of course, this assumes you don't have to know the subject right away. But doing it in blocks like this is definitely viable.

~NeverSpeak

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved