Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71785 04/29/09 03:01 AM
OP Offline

I have noticed something curious about the Creating Your Day meditation that Jack leads. This is the second version of it that I have listened to and they are definitely different recordings. The curious thing is that he leaves out the right eye when he is naming all the parts of the body that are to be filled with light. I wondered if it were simply an oversight in the first version I heard, but I found it again in this one. I wonder if there is some reason why he does this. I wonder if anybody else has noticed it. I also wonder if anybody else has had the sense of 'darkness' or 'emptiness' or 'something missing' in the right eye socket that I have felt. But would especially like to hear what Jack, himself, has to say about it.

Hi Margaret Ida,

It is great to connect with someone who is actually doing ES. I sometimes wonder if this is all a giant advertising hoax and few beyond myself have bought it! [Though I can thoroughly and absolutely recommend it.]

I haven't noticed any lack of mention of right eye because I haven't listened carefully enough. I can empathise with the empty, missing feeling. When this happens to me, I believe I am not in harmony with my True Self (Pure Self). I ask my True Self to step in, and this works sometimes. In otherwords, the 'missing' element is my True Self which can (very often) get drowned out by my over-active other selves.
Your message has prompted me to review the Creating your Day meditation - supposed to be a daily discipline, but I am currently focusing on other elements of the course. It isn't time yet for me as I have to clean out my dark and sunless closets.
By the way, I don't really respond well to the idea of bringing in white light. Something about that irritates me. I want to choose myself what kind of light to bring in. Why white? I don't want colours prescribed by anybody - who says they even have knowledge of light, colour spectrums, the qualities of light. Sometimes I want gold, or sparking silver, or gentle, healing (for me) pink, or yellow light. I find white light uninspiring to visualise.
Enjoy, enjoy,
French Claire

OP Offline

Thank you for your comments, French Claire.
When I wrote of the feeling of something missing, I was trying to describe the feeling in my right eye only. I actually noticed the phenomenon first, then tried to figure out what might be creating it.
I agree to some extent with your comments on 'white light'. The same thing happens, however, when anybody leads a meditation. They use the imagery that is meaningful to them to get you into 'state'. Whether it is light, warmth, muscle relaxation, etc. or a beach, a meadow, a stream, a mountaintop, etc. They also use mantras that are their favorites. And, many times, words they feel are more universally acceptable than 'God.' If you identify with the imagery that leader uses, you find his/her leadership very helpful.
But all of that is really only preliminary to the objective of the meditation. Its purpose is to get you into the open, receptive state in which you can receive the results offered by the focal part of the exercise - i.e. planning (or reviewing) my day, healing, centering, seeking inspiration, etc. I have found myself rebelling against the specific picture, or color, or words being used both at the beginning and at the end of led meditations. And this interferes with the effectiveness of the focal exercise.
So...I recommend finding a substitute that works for you, personally. For instance, my mantra is 'I am a child of God.' White works for my light, but sparkling seldom does. And I prefer to do progressive muscle relaxation from the top down rather than up one side and down the other. But just how you get into the meditative state is less important than what you do when you are there. Get 'centered' or 'into state' however it works for you. It is what you do while you are in the state that makes the difference in your life.
I wish you (and any other reader)the creation of a lovely day!
Margaret Ida

Hi Margaret Ida and French Claire

I want to say that I have gained real benefit and value from reading your comments. When i read what you both said, i became aware of my thoughts and patterns, and allowed me to explore inwards with these in mind.

When i read both your comments, I saw a lot of energy, both obvious and unobvious, and mostly in the form of resistances and blockages. (I would like to say that this is only my opinion based on my observation, and is definitely not meant to be a criticism).

My impression was that these resistances are only the tip of the iceberg, and have some deeper underlaying causes (only known or unknown to you). i really recommend the sedona method to help release any blockages.

I would like to participate in your conversation if i may and add that i personally think that the colour of the light is both important and unimportant. Important in that light is energy, as is everything else, and we respond to different energy in different ways. Unimportant because the intention to meditate should be held lightly in your hand.

I noticed the right eye too!! Its great that someone else did and mentioned it. Jack leaves out other areas as well \:\)
I do the creating your day and daily affirmations almost every day. Its become a daily ritual for me. Im still playing with the process as i have some resistances regarding staying focussed during the exercise.

Awhile ago i decided that body parts were left out intentionally, so that I would continually notice, which would have the effect of keeping my focus sharper and more alert while performing the exercise. Whether the above (or anything) is 'true' or not, is unimportant to me, what is imoprtant is whether it empowers me.
Thanks for allowing me to respond
Intentional One

Hi Margaret Ida and Intentional One,
Great to have you join us, Intentional One. You are genuinely welcome. I too have greatly benefitted from both your observations - this is the power of sharing. I am even more grateful as I live in France and my French still isn't at a level to share with acquaintances yet.

You are spot on, Intentional One, with the resistance/blockage observation. However writing my 'stuff' and reading people's reactions allows those blockages to evaporate.

My energy was trapped in the 'white light' issue which you, Margaret Ida, have freed for me completely. I absolutely accept your astute observations. Thank you. I now ad lib and have remained focussed on the core meditation. Good, good, good.

I was initially attracted to respond to Margaret Ida's posting because of the reference to Create your Day. I was blocked there too as I have let it slide, a) because I want to start all six daily ES disciplines simultaneously, and b) I didn't have a written 6-discipline blue-print, so today I took the time to transcribe Jack's quick answer (first question on CD 6 of ES Course One). So, Intentional One, that is a second blockage gone.

Now I am free to begin my perfect day and start actually living Effortless Success as I have the six daily disciplines AND the tools/materials/time to implement them.

My third blockage is dealing with the grief of losing my mother to old age. The vibrant, strong woman is gone (except as my memories) and has been replaced by a shell of herself. I have fought and resisted the changes, and caused grief and pain to us both. I have dealt with this issue under a separate thread (Losing negativity). That blockage is still there and I am releasing it through the Sedona Method.

Here is wishing you all the most magnificent ES day!
My neighbour has just delivered a bunch of lily in the valley which grows wild in the forest around where I live. I wanted to go and find some, and she has brought it directly to me. That will go into my Log of Successes (the 6th Discipline is to recognise and record how the Law of Attraction is working for me!!)
Adieu, French Claire

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved