Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I think one of our biggest monthly cost to survive (mortgage/rent do cost but are not based on survival) is food. Without nutrition, nothing else matter if we have bad health and are starving to live. That said, what if we can learn ancient fasting techniques to be able to derive our source of chemical energy from other than food? Perhaps the sun? There was a documentary/article I read a long time about a man who was able to go without food with a few weeks. He was able to sustain himself purely of converting energy from the sun to nourish his body for a month. Mind over matter?

That way, I can cut down on my food/grocery spending and just dine out at the very finest restaurant every other week or so, since I've save money on food by sun-energy fasting? In this bad economy, learning to derive our source of energy from the sun (assuming you'll have sunny days in your area) through fasting/meditative practice would be a good idea to save a lot of money on food! That's like $100 to $400 worth of monthly saving depending on how much you save. And you use the money saved to dine out at the finest restaurant.

Also, to have more time throughout the day, what if we can cut our sleeping habit and still feel fully awakened and energized through the day? Workaholic these days get like 1-2 hours of sleep, drink their coffee for a short boost of energy, but then crash heavily later on. What if we can just get only 2 hours of sleep and still function normally? I read something about polyphasic sleeping where instead of having one whole 8-hour session (monophase), we just sleep periodically throughout the day - sort of like a powernap. And each sleeping session would just be like a powerful meditation session.

That way, more time translates into more money. What if we can use that extra hours to catch up on our old projects? Use the extra time to learn new skills? Use the extra time to moonlight and work a side job? There are countless ideas. I know it's all about self-management to have more time, but even better is to really have more time (from 16 waking hours to 22 hours)?

Are these idea far-fetched and way out there or a possibility?

I believe your idea are far fetched and contradictory.

On the food side, you detox through fasting and then you proceed to eat in a fine restaurant in which taste, rather than health requirements, is the priority.

Cutting down on sleep is one of the worse things you can do. It is a false impression that you can sleep less and function in the same way. There is no way that the body can replace good sleep in other ways, regardless of what people claim. There are physiological functions which take place during our sleep, which is necessary. If there is a need for a short time to cut down on sleep because of work commitments, then maybe it is possible for short stints (like a week or less, mostly when people are travelling internationally and need to cope with changes of time zones).

OP Offline

Well, if the cases of someone being able to convert energy from the sun to nourish their body and hunger, it's a form of chemical energy for the body. I am not speaking in terms of achieving optimal health, but just cutting down on food spending by not eating solid food I have to buy. Since I've saved money from eating for almost a month, why not celebrate it by spending it on whatever you want? The motive here is not health but monetary.

As for the cutting down on sleep, what about Thomas Edison who has been doing catnaps? He claim that to not sleep, but perhaps getting 1-3 hours of sleep a day. And he was still creative. No one has died from staying awake (or sleeping) for a long period of time. I think I've read somewhere of a boy who have tried to stay up for 4 days straight..and when he went back to sleep, his mind/body still recover.

Did Edison live up to 100?

Google "Lightarian" sometime. There are people who claim to live entirely on light; I have also read of saints from many backgrounds (Hindu, Christian, Taoist, etc.) who lived "eating" only sunlight. As I understand it, it's not so much about saving money as it is about evolving body, mind and spirit. It's an interesting topic.

I once read a couple of resources that Einstein believed that if we used our brain’s full capacity, we would be complete light beings. Right now, we have to eat and drink to survive. That is what makes us human. Millions of years of evolutionary change have created this experience. In addition, through that evolutionary process we have become conscious of our own awareness of what is going on around us. Is anything possible? Well, you could only find out through the same process as evolution. Trial and Error. If you are wrong, well, the consequences could be deathly.

Let’s have some fun today and be happy! Life is a precious gift to have! Thank you for this gift infinite intelligence of love.

I really like reading your post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved