Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi:
Is the photofocus state similar to the state you achieve when meditating? If so then meditation will achieve the optimal state for photo reading. Also Jose Silva provides exercises to achieve the optimal state he calls the Alpha state with brain waves dropping from the 20 cycles per second of Beta to the 10 cps of the Alpha state. Could the Silva method or meditation replace the relaxation exercises of Photoreading? Lets be clear that the final affirmations and visualization to start photoreading remain unchanged?

Thank you

Ted

Hello Ted!
I also know the Silva-method, and yes, it can replace it. As you can see, Paul has also studied the Silva-method, but I prefer Paul's meditation to that of Silva. There's also a post on the forums commented by Paul where he says that there's no need for Alpha, the brainwaves automatically change when in photofocus. Put "Paul Scheele" in the search and you'll find that post.

Hi
Firstly, I agree photo-reading is an incredible miracle.
I do not know what got into me, but I I am trying this photo-focus, and I scan through the material I have. I see the plib only when I am looking at a wall not the center of the book. When I shift to looking at the center of the book, I can manage seeing the two page as white space and lines and letters that are out not in focus. I think I am getting the material in, but I still did not succeed in getting to it consciously, not even two days later. I do not know if I am doing the right thing. I have been photo-reading chapters of books that I already have read the old fashion way. I even read the chapters again the old fashion way to see if I could get any surprises of familiarity of the matter Although I thought this might be the easiest way to start with, (Photo-reading familiar parts), I may sure be wrong and I hope someone could advise. I also would appreciate knowing how to photo-read single pages, and news papers. Could someone please let me know.
I also noticed in commercial and sale material of photo-reading that some people go direct to photo-reading a subject, then be in a meeting ready for it. I did not see the commercials reference any speed reading or rapid reading elements on some of the examples.
Kindly let me know.
Best Regards
Faihan

Best Regards
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Don't try so hard.

Just use the imaginary X-Technique and flip those pages. PhotoRead the whole book not just chapters.

Then use manual activation. Make sure your purpose works for you.

AlexK

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved