Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71858 05/03/09 02:09 PM
Carolaf Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi. I’m crediting Diamond Feng Shui with saving my job, and I wanted to share about that.

I work for a moderately sized local government agency. I’ve been in my current department & job about 2 years, and I’m the newest member of the management team here, in a newly created position. A few months ago, it became clear there would be lay-offs in my department, and as time passed, the number of layoffs grew. In my area of the country, the unemployment rate is about 11%. Everything pointed to me losing my job. People talked about it, asked me what I would do, etc. If I were laid off work, I could bump down, but it would mean losing about $1,000 a month take-home, more than I could manage without losing everything.

It was quite a splurge for me to buy this course, but I did feel it was the right thing to do, so somehow I managed. When I got the course, I learned my home had multiple problems. Chi rushed in a straight line from my front door right out the back door. My success area is in the East, which in my home is an open stairwell to the second floor. A dingy, dark stairwell, and underneath the stairwell on the lower level, I had a bank of bookcases stuffed to the brim.

I made a lot of changes, painted the stairwell a nice green, hung new pictures, bought cures and activiations and mirrors. I cleaned out the bookcases, gave away a lot of stuff, and made a nice area with desk and lights and mirror.

Well, the layoff list just came out, and my position isn’t on it. We’re losing about 250 positions, around 25% of the workforce, including several managers above my rank, but not my position. But not only that, last Friday I went to a business function where I was introduced to several people. I heard my bosses and coworkers say things like, “she’s great, best thing we ever did was get her, couldn’t do without her, she does fantastic work,” and a lot of other great things. Well, what I know is, that isn’t what was being said about me and my position 3 months ago. It looks like everyone agrees that keeping my position is the absolutely right thing to do, but 3 months ago, it was, “she’s the newest, she should go,” “do we really need that position after all.” Okay, I don’t want to go on about that, because I don’t want to put out those comments to the universe, but take my word, it was pretty clear I would be gone.

Did painting and cleaning and buying mirrors and lights and windchimes make the difference? Something happened, and a shift occurred, and I’m still employed. I think it works! I’m very grateful.

Carolaf #72004 05/11/09 06:40 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Thank you for sharing your story Carolaf.

Much Love, Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved