Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
SusanE Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello,
I understand feng shui has been passed down many generations, and many versions/schools have been created... some for secrecy, some perhaps due to being lost in translation, and who knows why else.

My question is, how do we know which school/theory to trust/study?
For one example... I was looking up a bit more on Kua numbers, and to my surprise found many sites that told how to calculate this number. But most stated that numbers and elements always correlated. For instance, if you're a 6 you're also Metal. Whereas, according to DFS, I'm a 6 and Wood.

Thoughts?

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha SusanE,

The are many calculations and theories within various family systems, both open and secret.

"Which Feng Shui system is correct or best?" is right up there with "Which Kungfu is best?" Each has it's strengths, and unfortunately, like some martial arts instructors, you'll find some Feng Shui teachers putting down "other" system.

You find a system and teacher that has results and resonates with you, then work with that system to gain a deep understanding of it, and then explore other systems.

Chances are, you have a 1973 birth date and the "Wood Element" Marie has listed in your Personal Energy Number Chart, represents your "Fortune Element," which is based on a different calculation than your "Year Element," which some online tools will show you, and different than the "Metal Element" that is connected to the number "6," that you'll see on the chart on P.13, as well as listed on other Feng Shui internet Tools.

At a personal level, Marie finds that working with your fortune element makes a bigger impact than working with one's year element. When you are activating general space feng shui in the Level One course, then you will be activating the different sectors of your home with that direction's number, element, shape, material, colors, and symbols as found on P.13.

Much Love, Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved