Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
xxxt Offline OP
OP Offline

awareness...
Reading this forum i can see that i can use tangerine in any phases of photoreading whole mnd sytsem (and like Alex said in one post even for writing)..
(i understand that when i focus my eyes on some point at the wall i can take my conscious awareness to points on the left or right without loosing focus,moving eyes - peripheral vision)
But i dont understand one thing - if i am directing my consciuos awareness to tangerine at top back at my had should i in the same time direct it to see imaginary X while photoreading(photofocus state) ?
Where should be directed my conscious awareness in other phases(superreading,dipping,rapid reading) - to tangerine or to spacess and white texts between words or mabe to my hand moving pages ?
or mabe pallarell in every those lace ?
is this the same ? - tangerine is just for directing consciouss awareness ?
Please explain it please.

I'm sure Alex could explain this one to you better than I could. From my understanding of the technique, it's just to set your awareness above and behind your head. The aim is to make you more aware of that location. However, your focus should be on the book. It's kind of like driving. Your FOCUS is down the road, but you can be AWARE of what is going on at the sides of the road. Don't confuse focus with awareness. They're not the same.

~NeverSpeak

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

The tangerine technique is like a light switch. Switch it on by touching the top back part of your head. Now that you have a point of awareness you just start previewing, PhotoReading, Postviewing activating... whatever.

If you happen to be aware of it it's the same as feeling an itch while you're doing something. In this case it's not something that distracts you it's something that helps you to focus. And if you actually touched the top back part of the head to trigger it you will notice a feeling there. That you can be aware of while you are reading or writing as I am right now.

AlexK

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved