Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
RayTN Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi, I have some questions:

Can a person who has no peripheral vision learn to Photoread?
And if so, how long would it take?

I have never had any peripheral vision. Would PR be of any benefit to learn since I do not have side vision?

That's really odd. I've never heard of a problem like that before. You really have no peripheral vision? Or is it just a really really small field? Anyways, I don't see this as being a problem. As long as you can see both pages at once you should do just fine. Just hold the book at a comfortable distance so you can take in both pages at once.

~NeverSpeak

RayTN Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks NeverSpeak.

No, I've never had periperal vision.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Try it and see. I'm not sure the secret lies in the peripheral vision alone. People who are blind are known to have what is called blindsight. Demonstrating that vision is more than seeing with just the lens of the eye. I see the PhotoReading step using skills of blindsight. Based on feedback. Triggering the peripheral focus seems to turn on this blind sight. That's my theory and if I'm correct then there is a good chance you will be able to succeed with PhotoReading. Won't know though unless you give it a go.

AlexK

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved