Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#72235 05/26/09 05:04 PM
OP Offline

Hello All,

I specifically want to put my lack-of-time, much-too-busy, too-much-going-on-already issue down in black and white.

The current situation (or what I previously would have identified as "the problem"):
I am aching to spend more time on ES. I am a bit of a perfectionist and certainly very enthusiastic, so I want to dive into this ES process body, heart and soul. The reality is I can't. I simply don't have time right now, and if I'm honest it has been like this for months and months. And months. Just pushing myself to get things done, to clear a space for me, to be able to taste, dip in and savour the ES course.

The "problem" as viewed after meditation and reflection:
Thanks to Stever's Daily Disciplines thread where I first mentioned having difficulties finding time to do all the daily disciplines, and some responses where others felt the same, I have been playing about with the 'no time' issue.

I have come to the following conclusions:
a) I freely admit that my not having time is merely a state of mind. I have set about changing my attitude. I accept that I have lessons to learn about how I occupy my time. I spend too much of it doing things that I don't want to do, and too little on what is important to me. Hence a feeling of lack of time, actually, call that no time.

b) I herewith give myself permission to lovingly acknowledge that I have been bought to a point by ES where change is inevitable, unless I choose the path of pain, frustration and masochism - not my style at all!

c) Somewhere inside me lurks a belief (an erroneous belief) that it is good / righteous / healthy / important to be busy. I mean, what would happen if I allowed myself to have TIME? Something inside is unquiet, perhaps I will self-distruct???? The scary thing is that it destabilises me (throws me out of balance) if I relax and do nothing - I won't let myself do that. I keep myself gainfully occupied (that is safe) or else my head starts to chatter so loudly.

There is also some excellent news:
I have realised that I need to develop a new concept of having time - all the time I need - because this is a concrete advance in my personal evolution. Jack keeps talking about how greater success and huge personal goals will put stress on wobbly bits of our systems. If I am to manifest POWERFUL STUFF, I will need to jettison those parts of me which no longer serve me.

My conclusion is the Universe is pushing me to handle more. Now is the time to jettison old time beliefs and create new ones that support exciting, powerful, challenging experiences that are just emerging.

My final insight is that allowing myself to 'feel / experience' having insufficient time is actually a form of resistance. If I resist 'what is', I am simultaneously resisting the better things which are still to come. I need to unblock that time gunk in order to handle more effectively.

The 'solution':
Phew. This is actually quite an issue for me. At this moment I am prepared to make significant changes in how I handle my time. That means letting go of activities that are out of alignment with my new life purpose. My true self feels a sense of excitement and anticipation. My out-moded self is in a state of pure panic, a bit tearful, scared. However I am going to do this. And the first time consuming activity that will be subjected to pruning is my employment. Not the job of my dreams. It has to go in its current shape and form. I set the limits of what work I am prepared to do, it is no longer tenable that my employers decide when, what and how much I do.

If you read this and can empathise, please send me some courage and positive vibrations.
Adieu,
French Claire

OP Offline

A sign from the Universe....

Unbelievable though it may sound...... my watch ran out of batteries today..... I can read two things into this. 1) Time has run out for my out-moded beliefs. 2) Time now stands still for me, I am no longer in a dualistic mode of no-time vs. all-the-time-in-the-world. I can learn to slide the lever in the direction of MORE TIME to grow and reach my breakthrough goal - and that is a VERY AMBITIOUS GOAL - but it is possible!

No wonder my old beliefs are playing up a storm. They know the day of reckoning has arrived. They are due to be released gently, calmly and persistently. I anticipate great new time beliefs to fill the void.

Adieu, adieu

French Claire - If you haven't read 'The Big Leap' by Gay Hendricks, you really should. Chapter 6 is called 'Living in Einstein Time' in which we read 'The Newtonian paradigm assumes that there's a scarcity of time, which leads to an uncomfortable feeling of time urgency inside us.' and then later hear: 'When we switch to Einstein Time,...we embrace this liberating insight: since I'm the producer of time, I can make as much of it as I need!'
It's an amazing concept - but fits right in with the abundance mentality we are learning to live.
May you create a great day and all the time you need!
Margaret Ida

Hi French Claire
I was reading thru these forum posts this weekend- and noticed the theme of ' no time'- I had planned on commenting then. Now that you have requested encouragement- I'd love to offer some.

Simply state your intention to have the time to complete your daily tasks. I know it sounds too easy- but I swear it will work. Time expands and contracts to your perception of it. I'm sure you have had days when you were doing something you truly enjoyed, and were amazed at how you accomplished so much in a day- or days that you felt overwhelmed by all that you had to do- and didn't get anything done!

With the intention to 'have enough time'- you will begin to see ways to rearrange your day, or find that somethings really don't have to be done at all, freeing up the time to do the important things.

As I work thru the ES course, I notice I feel the resistance to taking all the steps, or begin to feel overwhelmed at the changes in my routine ( the routine that isn't bringing me where I need to be :)) - I understand that I need to step back, & intend to have the time- & it appears.

The universe truly does conspire on our behalf- we just have to open the door!

Brenda

Originally Posted By: French Claire

c) Somewhere inside me lurks a belief (an erroneous belief) that it is good / righteous / healthy / important to be busy. I mean, what would happen if I allowed myself to have TIME? Something inside is unquiet, perhaps I will self-distruct???? The scary thing is that it destabilises me (throws me out of balance) if I relax and do nothing -

Dear French Claire,

I empathise and encourage you!
This statement (quote above) made me smile. Will I self-destruct if I relax and do nothing??? How familiar that sounds to me. I strive to have accomplished everything so that I can finally do nothing. Yet that moment never comes. Mmm...
I've given myself permission to do things I really want to do, but it takes some effort and constant reminding to actually drop those seemingly urgent and important tasks (that are actually only urgent) and do those important things. I'm working on it.
Jacqueline

OP Offline

Hi Margaret Ida,
Thank you for this. I ordered it from Amazon 10 minutes ago. This is another sign of my commitment to change.... here's to my nascent ability to be a producer of time.
Wow, producing my own time sounds as scary as having no time. I will probably live at 100 miles per hour, filling every second of every minute and knowing there are no limits to time as I can produce it myself....
Take care and many thanks,
French Claire

French Claire, thanks for starting this thread. Great posts coming from everyone, all in one day! I am really appreciating how the energy of the forum has been building over the past few weeks.

Margaret Ida, thanks for the recommendation on Gay Hendrick's book. French Claire, following in the footsteps of your initiative, I've just put the book on hold at my local library. I should have it in my hands within a week.

I think "Not Enough Time" is one of those core issues that demands to be reckoned with. I have gotten so much more efficient and productive with my use of time since I began the course, and yet, I still find myself not quite where I want to be regarding my relationship with time. Ironically, one of my primary goals is "I am alert, awake, and absolutely thriving on 4 hours of sleep a night." I have revisited this goal many times in my adult life, and here with doing the ES course, it has shown up again. I suppose having this goal could be an expression of some deep seeded expression of a pathological "I'm Not Enough", birthing the kind of striving for more that reflects an inability to just relax and let be. Yet, the goal feels truly authentic in that there is something in me that is demanding a reconciliation with this desire for more hours in the day for doing what I really want to be doing, even if it means sleeping less (and I really enjoy sleep!)

I have a decent understanding of the physics of time and am curious what Gay Hendricks has to say about "The Upper Limit Problem", etc. But there is also a pragmatic part of me that recognizes that there is an aspect of being in a human form that seems to require coming to grips with limitation, rather than habitually seeking to overcome it. In the past, my desire to transcend those limitations - physical, mental, emotional, temporal, etc. often arose out of a subtle (and at times not so subtle) lack of acceptance of things just as they are and a lack of trust in life as it is right now. These days, I try to keep it simple: fully accept things the way they are (including the incessant need to change them) and see what comes of that. More on that in just a bit.

Returning to pragmatism for a moment, I want to share something that showed up for me yesterday after watching a movie with my sweetie. This was one of those films where afterward I had this sense that I had wasted my time for two hours being mildly entertained, but not truly touched. I have taken to using a form of dowsing (basically a kind of applied kinesiology) to scale possibilities in terms of "level of resonance" (or benefit, if you prefer) from 1 to 10. For example, "On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being highest) what level of resonance do I have with this particular nutritional supplement (or goal, or daily discipline, etc)? What I have found is that I am getting more of a sense of what different levels feel like in my body so that I don't need to do the procedure all that often. Lately I have found myself unwilling to do certain things that aren't a 7 or above (this started with a bunch of nutritional supplements I was ordering online to help with building toward some of my health goals). Well, last night, after watching this mediocre hollow Hollywood action film and while watching the dishes, the question (y'all know how I feel about questions! ;)), "What would happen if you just stopped doing anything in your life that isn't a 7 or above?"

It occurs to me that given time, sincerely entertaining this the sort of question in time could easily create time, n'est pas? The idea is if something isn't a 7 or above, either don't do it or do something to make it at least a 7. Anyway, I'm curious to see where this one will lead.

Lastly, as much fun as it is to me to throw all manner of ideas around with all you folks, I want to make a pitch for having us reminding ourselves and each other of what is affectionately referred to as the KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) model of transformation. Brenda, your post, to me, is a great example of KISS wisdom: You want more time? Intend to have more time. Another great example of KISS came from French Claire today on the Daily Disciplines thread: Wanna know how to save time and get more out of your daily disciplines? Simple... trust your intuition and act on it.

Personally, I think there is value in both complexity and simplicity. Our minds seem to thrive on complexity, however, because we have these things called "minds", at times we can fail to see that life can be quite simple (I, myself, have often fallen prey to a fascination with complexity to the point of complicating my life - a kind of mentally induced suffering). I have a wonderful teacher who was fond of saying, "The purpose of thought is entertainment, only. The question is, how entertained are you?" By the same token, his whole premise was that if one stops looking to habitual thinking mind for answers to one's perceived problems, the answers do come, but from another source (and this is where KISS comes in).

I appreciate the reminders that come from my True Self (French Claire's great term) about keeping it simple. I welcome the reminders from all of you, as well, should you witness me boggin down (as opposed to merely having fun) with my own mental machinations. If any of you would like similar kind of support, I invite you to say so here in this thread. One of my goals has been to co-create a Master Mind Group. I am quite convinced that this forum has the potential to be just that, and it is that spirit that I will continue to extend these sorts of invitations.

Thanks for listening.

Stevers

Hi Stevers
I like your idea of only acting on things that are a 7 or higher- that is something that I struggle to limit myself to. I have to keep reminding myself to ask if this activity is moving me forward, or is it busy work that is interfering with my growth. In the ES course,Jack says to take the 5 actions toward the breakthru goal first, then actions toward your other goals, and only then, do the 'other stuff'. When I follow this- I have a great day- when I don't, when I think the laundry, the errands, & the day to day drugery is more important than my financial and spiritual freedom- I get frustrated & overwhelmed. So, each day, I shift the balance a bit- more toward where I am going, & less time to the stuff that kept me limited.

I am grateful for this forum- I think this could be the place where the 'collective thought & energy' could help us all grow.

Brenda

Hiya Brenda,

Last night I go to do a "do over" on the film game. My partner and I sat down to watch a film called STEEP last night. Before we did, I made a firm commitment to myself to get up and walk away from the video if it wasn't at least a 7. The film ended up knocking our socks off! It's ostensibly a documentary about x-tream skiing, but there is far more being communicated than the mere activity of the thing. You definitely don't have to be an adrenaline junkie to appreciate it. I highly recommend it for anyone doing the ES course.

Thank you for the reminder about "The Rule of 5". Having pretty much dialed in the Daily Disciplines facet of the course, I'd say my new edge is vision and goals. I have a breakthrough goal, but I have not yet been ready/willing to do the Rule of 5 on it. That may be changing soon.

In in the aftermath of the first film experience I described (the one that galvanized for me this idea of 7 or Above), it has hit home that my job/profession/career is the weak link in the chain of "my life as it currently is". My frustration with what I am doing and who I am doing it with (boss, coworkers) has ratcheted way up, and there is clearly a call for attention there.

Here's to raising the bar on our own expectations of how magnificent our lives can be!

Best,
Stevers

Hi Stevers

My job was an area of frustration for me- the part that doesn't fit with my goals & dreams- however, I have found that has changed for me recently. Shortly after starting ES, & focusing on getting it together financially, I was able to move into a position that was basically doing the same job- but for 50% more money. This will help me reach my goals faster- and get away from my job faster as well. You just never know where the abundance will come from! So, even though my job doesn't fit- it is now helping me move toward my other goals at a faster rate!

You talk about movies a lot in your posts- are you a member of the Spiritual Cinema? They have great independent films- the kind that make you think, not the kind that tell you what to think. It's a monthly membership- each month you get a DVD with 3 shorts, & a full length movie- I really enjoy them.

Brenda

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved