Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
nita Offline OP
OP Offline

I just received a Feng Shui interior design book as a thoughtful gesture of kindness .... upon reading it I found that many of the concepts were similar to the "Diamond" concept and many were completely contradictory. The contradictions were in very important areas, such as: determining the Fortune Elements; the significance of the 8 directions; determining cures or activations; the use of symbols/colors; and trigrams/hexagrams. Since Feng Shui is a Taoist based philosophy - how can the styles be so different? How can I explain how one type of Fung Shui is better than other without insulting the gift I was just given? How can I justify the Diamond theory when talking with other Feng Shui experts?

Last edited by nita; 06/02/09 10:11 PM.

I have the same question. I hope someone can post an answer to this. Thanks in advance.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hello nita,

Quote:
how can the styles be so different? How can I explain how one type of Fung Shui is better than other without insulting the gift I was just given? How can I justify the Diamond theory when talking with other Feng Shui experts?

or stated another way...

"Who's Kungfu is best?"
"Which Religion is best/right"
"Which 1st grade teacher is best for my son/daughter?"
etc.

;\)

Now before you start sparing with the local feng shui experts and neighborhood interior designers, realize that like the above mentioned questions, each feng shui system will have it's philosophy and focus. Rather than having a board breaking brag off, most times, it is best to look for similarities, and acknowledge rather than defending differences.

Each schools can have it's own way of "balancing" the environment. Some may set up your bagua (nine sectors), based on actual compass directions, others may base them on as your standing in the door way looking into the house.

Finding a good martial arts class is about finding out what they are teaching, who's teaching it, and if it addresses what you want.

Looking for a self defense class for yourself, a focus, balance,and respect class for your son, or a full contact, sports fighting class for your high school son who's been in martial arts for a number of years - each may or may not be best served by different schools.

Finding an instructor who doesn't put down other schools, and is respectful of other teachers and systems is ideal.

The Diamond System is based on Marie Diamond's work with Grand Master Yap, Lilian Too, Dowsing Masters, and her own insights, work with spiritual masters, and results in the field with clients.

You'll find Landscape, compass space and time feng shui in Marie's system.

The Spring Forest Qigong International Guild had a panel discussion on feng shui, with students of various forms talking about the systems they are studying. Pretty brave, but it turned out alright. I rolled my eyes when the director first brought up the panel idea -great, get a bunch of students out there doing their best, but not having the depth, mastery, and wisdom to talk about various aspects to improve your environmental support.

Thank your friend for the gift. That was very kind. Notice the similarities and insights, use the differences in the book to have better questions in your learning of the Diamond System.

Much Love, Shawn

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Quote:
Please forward this to Shawn Grimm –

Since I cannot get logged on to the Feng Shui forum page nor can I re-join, I am sending you this E to thank you for your response to my query, “Clarify Feng Shui vs other Feng Shui styles”.

Life is a continual learning curve, and I am realizing that Feng Shui is a matter of interpretation and not a science as I originally thought. I have deepened my knowledge of our universal energy and truly appreciate what I have learned from the Diamond Feng Shui study course and will continue to study and grow.

Thanks again for taking time to respond.

Sincerely -nita

Thank you Nita, I've had the system send you your password. Just call Learning Strategies and ask for me if you have any more issues logging into the Forum.

Much Love, Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved