Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#72416 06/09/09 03:04 PM
OP Offline

Hello everyone,

I've been doing learning strategies corporations programs for awhile now and I've noticed a few things. You probably have seen some of my posts that relate to me being a self-help junkie and that's no joke. These programs have actually been holding me back because they have me convinced that I am a genius. I'm so proud that I'm a genius that I am convinced that I can do anything so exceptionally well that average people struggle to get where I am. I don't worry about having to remember every word when I see text because I understand all the words as soon as I see the page.

This obsession has been holding me back. Don't get overly excited that you're a genius. Just live every day normally without dwelling on results and notice what you've done differently.

Here's a question for ya: After doing NLP do you use the learnings consciously to identify the certain patterns in order to be effective in NLP?

Even though I do a lot of self-help I have nothing to show for it. In the real world people measure you by your objective world. Your objective experience should reflect your subjective experience.

Here's my plan for maximizing my potential:

1) Verbal advantage (24 cds)-listen to 1 cd 3 times a day for 24 days and do the excersize for each cd to test my knowledge.

2) Persuasion Engineering - listen to 1 cd 3 times a day.

3) Effortless success - same kind of routine

4) NLP trainer's training - same kind of routine

ok, but as an old farmer said; 'God gave you two hands and two feet to use'.

Did you know using your hands develops your brain power?

And walking on your feet helps you to 'think'!

Yukala #72418 06/09/09 06:21 PM
OP Offline

Yup and perfect practice makes perfect.

Everyone needs recovery, so it's not a good idea to over work and not take a break. The way someone discovered displacement is by them taking a break. So when this person took a bath, this person noticed that the water was rising and that's how displacement was discovered.

There are lots of people that report that their best ideas come when they are away from their work. Whether it is swimming, walking, bike riding or anything else. God gave you your senses too and this helps build brain power.

Anyway, is there a routine that someone can recommend to me? I know each person is different and it's hard to tell whether your method will work for me. I want to know your routine so that I can get some ideas on how to use my max potential at the same time as improving it.

The intuitive way is by reading reading and doing. Now is there a counter-intuitive (something not so obvious) thing that i'm missing here?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Even if it is only a few gold nuggets, your help is still appreciated.

Sincerely,
ZMasterNCreator

Last edited by ZMasterNCreator; 06/09/09 06:23 PM.

I think what the real problem was was that you were too focused on the self help/course-like portion of what you were doing rather than on your life.
These products and ideas are not meant to take over your life, you ADD them to your life. From the way you speak, it seems like that's all you think about.

Let me tell you, when I first started photoreading and doing Genius Code techniques, they were on my mind all the time. I didn't do as well as I could have done.

I actually took a 3 or so month break from photoreading, that's how sick of it I was getting.

I then started it up, not for the sake of photoreading, but for the sake of bettering myself, and I work to learn as much as I can every single day now and photoreading helps. It's on my mind (the idea of it, that is) maybe 10 to 15 minutes every week. Photoreading is not the idea of what I want, information and skills are. I focus on them, I learn about them.

It seemed like you focused almost solely on NLP and all of the Learning Strategies products rather than your own life.

Jacktuff13 #72420 06/09/09 09:17 PM

"There are lots of people that report that their best ideas come when they are away from their work. Whether it is swimming, walking, bike riding or anything else. God gave you your senses too and this helps build brain power.

Anyway, is there a routine that someone can recommend to me? I know each person is different and it's hard to tell whether your method will work for me. I want to know your routine so that I can get some ideas on how to use my max potential at the same time as improving it."

This routine/habit/activity is something that you find yourself. You find what you love doing, and do it there.

Sorry to repost and just seem like I'm rambling, but take this into account:

The people that have their best ideas while walking, biking, or shaving.....they don't do it to get ideas, nor do they do it to better themselves. They do it because a) they enjoy doing it, and b) it helps to pass time when you're not working.

Quite honestly, those people don't go out and look for what activity they feel most comfortable at, it's just something that comes in life. All you do is enjoy the life you're living NOW and it will come to you. One day you may try something new, just by coincidence or through a friend, and realize that you enjoy doing it. Even something as simple as gardening, playing chess, or writing. It makes absolutely no difference what it is, how productive YOU MAY THINK it is, or how much of a commitment you must make to do it.

What matters is that you enjoy doing it, and you just do it. No thoughts, no expectations, no worries. Just something you like doing, that's all.

Ideas will come to you when you least expect it, not when you sit down at the table, start doing whatever it is that you enjoy, and say "Ok, time for the ideas to come to me now."

So just enjoy life, live your life for what it is now, and allow things to come to you. ALLOW them.

Jacktuff13 #72421 06/09/09 09:30 PM
OP Offline

Jacktuff you're right I do think a lot of the stuff i've done in courses. I always look at ways to improve things and always have lots and lots of questions.

All this NLP and self-help stuff is like a drug. It's very addicting because self-help makes me feel better about myself because i get a sense that i've become a better person. Usually i think oh if i complete that course or that book i'll be smarter and have more tools in my tool box so i can react better to situations like a black belt martial arts master.

I understand that I have natural abilities, but i take these courses to get exceptional abilities. If that's not what self-help does then screw self-help.

I'll just do what I want because it's better to not learn and put a label on everything. I'm now starting to believe that it's better to just find something that i like doing and improve only on that which is where i was before doing any self-help.

I think I put so much confidence in these products that my life was spiraling down or should i see it as a profound learning to not let people tell you what to do, just trust your heart. You can do what other people tell you when it comes to a job.

OP Offline

It seemed like you focused almost solely on NLP and all of the Learning Strategies products rather than your own life.

So by just dropping the NLP books for awhile, you think this will serve me? What gives you the idea that i've solely been focusing on NLP? Please elaborate.

"I understand that I have natural abilities, but i take these courses to get exceptional abilities. If that's not what self-help does then screw self-help."

Let's elaborate.

Self-help. "Self," being myself, yourself (in this case it's yourself). "Help" being assistance, guidance, training, whatever you wish to achieve.

Screw self help? Screw "helping yourself?" That is basically what you're saying when you say this, and herein lies the problem.

It appears as though you had an expectation as to what you want to achieve(perfectly fine), you took the course (perfectly fine, as well) and you expected that the course, solely, by itself, will help you get exceptional abilities.

This is not correct. The courses can guide you, but you must take what you learned from the course and use it to "help yourself" (self help).

Putting confidence into products? The products only tell you how to do something. Whether you read it, listen to it or not, other people are using it to perform the same tasks and they are achieving very high standards. Why?

They put little to no confidence into the products. They put at least 99% confidence into themselves.

"Self help", as a category, for example the courses; is useless without you. You are the driving factor behind getting these techniques to work. YOU must make them work for YOU, therein, helping YOURSELF.

What gives me the idea that you've been focusing almost solely on NLP?

You've mentioned it 6 times in this thread, multiple times in other threads.

I don't think by dropping it you'll be served. I think you must take what you can from the courses/books and apply it to your life yourself. The courses and books will not do this for you, only you can.

You don't need to drop it, all I said was that dropping it is what enabled me to realize, truly, that I am the one who's making it work. No one else can.

Jacktuff13 #72438 06/11/09 03:07 PM

I did not take the time to read all the responses... But since when was this forum about going detail by detail?

I think this. NLP, Genius Code, PR, are all means to an end not ends in themselves. It all comes back to the PR system idea of a purpose. Why do you want the aforementioned "self help?"

I am just obsessed with learning. And I'm a high school student so I'm totally ok with that being my reason for using PR. More specifically. I want to spend less time on my school work so I can study more things I enjoy like psychology, and music.

I think if I could give any advice in developing a routine it would be this. Find what you are passionate about. Spend and hour each day learning a genius code technique that will help you learn that passion more easily, then spend three hours on your passion.

That's an idealization of course. Time constraints exist. Financial limitations exists. But along with my suggestion comes a question. Is your passion "self help." Is your real motivation just to posses talents that others do not possess? Are you even...becoming so obsessed with the idea of having more "power" (over yourself, your mind, or others) that said obsession is taking away from your real life?

I can state these questions so clearly because I struggled with the questions myself.

The desire for power never leads to a happy ending. If you don't believe me...PR history.

Because as I know you know, repetition is the greatest path to memorization, ask again

What are you passionate about?

Good Luck!
~CharlieG

OP Offline

I spend like 3 hours a day on self-help atleast and like 5+ hours on my passion which is computers. I would like to be more financially abundant and abundant more in other areas of my life too. There's so much i'd like to try in the world and i can't stand seeing everyday pass without me trying these things. I need to solve my financial problem. I can make a list of all the different things i want to try and do and my financial situation is holding me back and i still haven't materialized yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved