Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

After seeing the video, and learning how to do the Active and Sitting exercises from SFQ, I began wondering where these moves that Chunyi does come from.

For examle, at the end when you begin lifting up your heels then falling, is that a real move made up by Qigong practitioners in China? Something about it just doesn't seem like it fits in or like it's a real part of Qigong.

Hi,

I believe that he either created variations, OR being a master KNEW what movements would open which channels/meridians. I can't say for sure.

Lifting the heels is found in other systems, I think. I *will* vouch that it is very good for the ankles. I had a stretched tendon on my left ankle for years because I pulled it once and it healed 'tighter' than it normally should have.
No matter what I did, it never went away.

When I started doing SFQ it felt like it was getting 'slightly more painful' for awhile (which is part of the healing process sometimes) but then it started to open rather quickly. I will note that I have done other (not S.F.) QiGongs ...but there was something about SFQ that really helped faster. It really like comparing snowflakes, though.

QiGong essentially means 'breath-work' or 'internal-work' so a breathing/visulazation process can be considered QiGong.
When it really comes down to it, I think Chunyi's system is a totally new thing. Sort of like comparing Tai Chi to Bagua. It works, and it works well I can tell you that much. All in all, it comes down to the effort and discipline you put into your practice. But the most important things are: Love, forgiveness, and kindness. You cannot have one without the others.

I hope this clarifies any questions you have. There are many people on this board with much more insightful answers that I can provide. I don't claim to be 100% correct, just 1%.

~peace

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha usurped81,

There are pieces Chunyi has kept from various masters he has worked with, those he's modified or developed from his own practice and study, and those which have been given to him in meditations.

You'll find exercises like the "Breathing of the Universe" to be a standard qigong technique found in many systems. His version of the microcosmic orbit, or "Small Universe" is one of a thousand variations out there.

The information found in Levels three and four have developed out of his healing work on others with the Level two healing steps, so the more you practice and do good things for others, the more insights and skills you will naturally develop.

Much Love, Shawn

Hi usurped,

Eight Treasures qi gong also uses the move of lifting the feet up and down. I began learning Eight Treasures a year or two before encountering SFQ.

Hi Usurped
most of the meridians either start or finish in the hands or the feet so it makes sense to lift the heels to open or activate the energy in the meridians that run off the toes. the six meridians that actually start or finish in the toe area are - stomach (finish),spleen (start), bladder(finish) ,kidney (start), gallbladder (finish) and liver (start).

OP Offline

Ahh thank you all very much for your responses, sorry I was not able to give my gratitude sooner.
I am posting another thread with a, what I hope to be, final question on Qigong until I feel 100% satisfied with what I am doing.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved