Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
xxxt Offline OP
OP Offline

How it was discovered that to get into alpha state or theta etc...you have to close your eyes, count down or imagine something ?
i know that there are fmri scanning brain devices now, that science discovered that best state to learn is alpha which is 10-12hz..etc....BUT HOW IT WAS DISCOVERED HOW CAN PEOPLE GET INTO IT ?
is this knowledge received from ghosts ? (like in silva method from chinese ghost -[definitely OCCULT] !!!!!!! ? but i know he wasnt first who discovered how to get into it) from other side ?
from occult ? demons ? ????
I AM COURIOUS ABOUT IT, please tell me if you know....what is genesis of getting into alpha state who first tell whom that he has to close eyes and count down or imagine something....or synchronize with breath or heart...?

IS THIS OCCULT KNOWLEDGE ? IF NOT - where it come from ?

In the 1970's some scientists from major US universities convinced Indian gurus to travel to their labs where they got tested using EEG machines. The results of the experiments showed that, while people are alert and under normal conditions, the EEG machines recorded beta brainwaves. However, then they started meditating they got into alpha, theta and delta brainwaves. Many more measurements were made to match brainwaves with emotional states. If you look at the work by Anna Wise, in one of her books she describes how to meditate to create certain brainwaves. She has been using an EEG-besed device called Mind Mirror to collect her results.

If you have some spare US$2000 or so, you can buy a small EEG machine and measure your own brainwaves. The interpretation of the results is not as simple as personal development gurus make it. You also need to add costs of consumables, like electrodes, adhesive paste, etc. Go to http://www.transparentcorp.com/ and you can find one of these machines.

Last edited by uniquesoul; 06/20/09 07:50 AM.
xxxt Offline OP
OP Offline

Yes...but it is not what i was asking....
I know that there are these brainwaves etc....
BUT you wrote about this convinced Indian guru....
HOW HE KNOW HOW TO MEDITATE ??????
WHO TOLD HIM WHAT HE HAVE TO CREATE IN HIS MIND TO GET INTO STATE ?
is this spiritually genesis of this ?
HOW HE KNEW HOW TO get into state? I KNOW THAT THIS IS POSSIBLE... but someone had to dicover how to get into it....how it was discovered....is this knowledge from occult side ?

It was taught him by his masters. Medicatation goes back millennia. It was improved from when it started probably from some religious belief. The occult side is irrelevant in my view.

If you do not know and are 'afraid of it' then often someone calls it 'occult'.

Gunpowder was (and still is to some) a Chinese devil held captive by magic who once set 'fire' explodes in a vengeful wrath.

How many have been persecuted for dabbling in science 'not yet understood'?

Strictly speaking there is no magick only science for GOD is a GOD of LAW.

Strictly speaking of course...

But if I know something and you don't, a mystery be afoot.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Close your eyes.... triggers alpha. The brain does it. It knows the right state.

The guy who learned to meditate didn't give too hoots about what brainwave he was at. He just followed the instructions from his teachers and meditated.

Just do it. If you're too busy analysing the experience you aren't in the experience. Or in other words ... if you're analysing you are doing it wrong.

AlexK

Occult is another name for 'hidden' knowledge.
Meditation is common to all cultures and religious systems.
There are hundreds of techniques with different aims.
It's common in all systems to learn to still the mental chatter in order to apply different techniques for various outcomes.
One of the reasons that people meditate is to transcend the 'little ego' and have a personal experience of connectedness with the universal consciousness.
Some western religious political agendas realised that if too many of their obedient flock realised their own divinity then the power base of the church was on shaky ground, hence the fear and smear campaign.
Taking control of your own chattering mind is very enpowering. The power it creates is neutral, neither good nor bad in itself. Most people experience waves of loving energy whilst in meditative states, and their personal energy vibrates at a higher rate, opening higher perceptions.
Some church politicians never approach this higher state of awareness and in their ignorance seek to control by rules and fear. Others are fully aware of the freedom gained and deliberately suppress the knowledge.

In recent years science has allowed us to take a look at what is happening in the brains of experienced meditators, and to categorise and label the results that they observed.
It is very pleasant and beneficial for your health in so many ways to be able to control your own state of mind and observe your own thought processes.And if you should be seeking spiritual enlightenment, no amount of studying can take the place of daily meditation. You will never have higher awareness until you learn to silence the mind. We are so much more than this body. So few people understand what they really are. Meditation will help you to uncover your true identity, and that is nothing to fear surely?

Starchild
Unregistered
Starchild
Unregistered

Jakalyn said:

"One of the reasons that people meditate is to transcend the 'little ego' and have a personal experience of connectedness with the universal consciousness."

Well said, Jakalyn, finally somebody in 'Learning Strategies' who says "universal consciousness" instead of "a sea of awareness" Too many of these masters talk about becoming aware of Awareness in their guided meditations. As if there was no difference between Universal Consciousness (or Universal Intelligence) and what they call a sea of awareness.

And I also agree with the rest you say, about the western religious political agenda and their smear campaign re: meditation.

And taking control of your own never ending chattering mind is indeed empowering even though it does not really mean "to shut off your thoughts altogether" for long periods of time like many buddhists do practicing meditation for hours and hours every day of their life.
"To be still and know" does not mean to sit motionless for hours and shut off your thoughts altogether. It means "to quieten your mind and heart from turbulent thoughts and emotions".
See my message "About Stillness" under "Beyond Human".

From a magnificent little known book published in 1963, titled "The Door of Everything" channelled through Ruby Nelson who doesn't say a word about who he or she is, our Creator gave us a very clear message explaining so many things which have been confusing peoples' minds, I like to report just a paragraph from it:

"Trying to make your mind a vacuum and turn off all thoughts will do little to help you live upward toward that Door (The Creator calls 'The Door of Everything' that door or veil which will open to connect us to Him or Universal Consciousness). There is no place in all my cosmos for a vacuum, least of all in the minds of men."

Think about it for a moment: If shutting off your thoughts altogether was the way to reach Higher Consciousness or connection with The All That IS, wouldn't all those Ashrams and Buddhist monasteries be full of "fully Conscious" humans, able to come and go at the speed of thoughts, healing anyone who come close enough to them even without their own being aware of it, restoring perfection wherever they go and literally moving mountains instantly if they so wished?
So where are they these Fully Conscious humans?

In that small precious book, the Creator says: "I am a God who requires understanding" and He really gives it in that message.

I must add that since the message was given in a traditionally christian country (USA), He refers often to words credited to Jesus. The truth is that every religion has had Messengers who gave almost exactly the same words as given by Jesus.
In fact, there are three books that everybody of every religion should read:
1) THE WORLD'S SIXTEEN CRUCIFIED SAVIOURS by Kersey Graves

2) SUNS OF GOD - Krishna, Buddha and Christ Unveiled by Acharya S. also author of The Christ Conspiracy

3) THE CRUCIFIXION OF TRUTH - by Tony Bushby, also author of The Christ Scandal.

Very interesting readings: it seems that among all religions there have been 16 previous "Saviours" each one of them called "The Only Begotten Son of God" whose date of birth was the 25th of Dec., whose mother was a virgin and who were crucified to save mankind for their sins and their teachings were all very, very similar. If you want an explanation of how that could be possible, see my article in "2012" also "Beyond Human", which very strangely received no comment from anyone who read it. Did it blow your mind?

If you cannot find the book THE DOOR OF EVERYTHING and you'd like to read it, either leave your email address or ask for mine and I shall send it to you as an Attachment since I have typed it all word for word because some friends of mine could not find it.

Blessings to all,

Starchild

When doing long travels on bus lines I put myself in a relaxed state then close my eyes. I can still hear any sounds made in the bus, but time "disappear" and I "wake up" from the relaxed state when the driver suddenly announce over the speakers that we are arriving at my designation. I also usually do this when resting rather than just sleeping for an half hour when needed.

Which state am I in during that period? (Yes, I know, relaxed... \:\) )

Starchild
Unregistered
Starchild
Unregistered

Bjhn, are you for real or are you trying to be funny?
When you are relaxed you are in an alpha state of mind. Even just looking out at the sky and loose yourself in its beauty and you are already in alpha.
But of course you knew this, didn't you? That's why I am asking if you are trying to be funny.

Have a Happy and healthy New Year!

Starchild

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved