Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#72666 06/24/09 06:55 AM
OP Offline

...or was there a thread on here yesterday about the efficacy of Photoreading, Paraliminals and other products?

Wherever did it go, I wonder?

\:D \:D \:D \:D \:D

Learning Strategies Admin

I've been informed a topic was removed because of profanity.

AlexK

...or censorship...

I don't know what the site's motivation was..But i know what people will start to think as a result of that topic being removed...

Bad Move LSC

Last edited by AkaCharlieG; 06/25/09 05:57 AM.

Profanity. I was provided with a copy of the post. It was removed because of the profanity and we received complaints about the profanity.

AlexK

I believe the posting was defamatory and outside the scope of a polite exchange of opinions on LSC products. At times some products do not give the benefit we seek from them. However, we need to act constructively and understand if we have followed the instructions correctly. If we still have doubts, then somebody on the forum can have some answers for us.

Bad idea. Because you just have made the barrier between profanity and an opinion so thin, that people might think that they are not allowed to criticise LSC.

ZMasterNCreator had not insulted anyone and basically told that LSC is teaching not what was initially promised.

Last edited by AndriDem; 06/25/09 06:11 PM.

Well I hate censorship with passion and I was with that thread thoroughly for two days running...

It had clearly 'devolved' into ranting which if a average person read it they would make their own informed decision regarding its content anyway.

However, offensive profanity not in keeping with the spirit of this place was on the 'bloody' title of the thread for the purpose of gaining attention to spill forth agitation.

Not a noble gesture.

I was only surprised it was tolerated so well for that length of time.

Although I agree that that dude crossed the line with some statements, it is the right of the readers to decide if his rants are just a cry of a lazy man, or just an opinion, which was IMHO anything but wrong(in most cases. As I said, he crossed the line in some statements).

If the people would decide that he is inadequate , then this topic would be forgotten.

Originally Posted By: AndriDem
...it is the right of the readers to decide if his rants are just a cry of...

If the people would decide that he is inadequate , then this topic would be forgotten.

I would say, yes but not necessarily here in this private space, however most certainly in WWW.

He can go set up a website of his own or blog, etc.

And anyone here can search for all opinions they wish...

However, each forum, blog, website is still its own domain.

Free will comes of ones own attending.

That said, it is my opinion and I consider this whole issue very carefully as I am in the midst of setting up virtual space for my own purposes and intend to safeguard same, in order to stay on course most of the time for those so interested.

I believe that anyone who "listened' in to ZMC's posts felt a lot of his personal pain being spewed and this, unfortunately, diminished much of the light he shed on some legitimate concerns regarding LSC product marketing and development. It also prevented a more constructive conversation which could have led to some evolutionary and constructive suggestions.

However, 87 posts speaks for itself. Is this the record? Beyond the emotional voyeurism, obviously this sparked an informal debate about some fundamental issues which in many ways far transcends the scope of LSC and PRC .

But were I to have friends over to debate, I'd run any one of them or all of them out were they to besmirch the sanctity of my home with any kind of profanity, gratuitous or no.

Is a website or forum a home so to speak? I'm not so sure-- though obviously the 'rants' disgruntled more than a few and yet intrigued many more. In ZMC's defense, he did limit his profanity to threads which he himself started and chose to leave all the others inviolate... to the best of my knowledge.

If LSC would select to expunge my entries... for any reason... well, it's their choice, it's the site they created. I could always set up my own with my own rules. So maybe a website is a home.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved