Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

ZMNC,
How many PHOTOREADERS have you actually met, regardless of how well they can demonstrate it to you?

OP Offline

I certainly would like to meet another photoreader. Maybe that person would be able to answer Inchiki Gaijin's question.

Originally Posted By: ZMasterNCreator
It feels great to live in reality again. When I conventionally read a book I can understand concepts with clarity. When other people conventionally read material they appear to have a clear understanding, but so far I haven't met a photoreader that can demonstrate a clear understanding as a result of using the system.

If demonstrating a clear understanding of material isn't the 'success' that photoreading brings, then what is this success? Having a clear understanding of the material is essential for university exams. Also, why have people claimed that they wished they knew photoreading before college?

Quite so! These are perfectly reasonable questions, and ones that are not being answered. Therefore, that must be the answer.

I would like to test these expert Photoreaders myself, and see what they can really do. I imagine the result would be something akin to this, and this guy was given an extremely easy task, considering the boldness of his claims:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XA1Ifi-ntE

OP Offline

It is - he's the real thing, and he has a great ear for the languages too.

I bet he isn't a Photoreader!

KIM PEEK - go talk with him, he definitely is PHOTOREADEr, even with page numebrs \:\)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfDEAIszuQI

Learning Strategies Admin

Inchiki Gaijin

Thank you, my point exactly

Quote:
In that case, how are you comprehending these posts?

Science hasn't proven how we read and yet some of us we do. PhotoReading is different to traditional reading. It isn't subvocalising word for word. We don't need to know or memorise everything word for word. It's another tool in the toolbox. I've PhotoRead books at 60,000 wpm and know what I need to know. If asked the right questions I can talk about them. There is the WIIFM factor.

Would I be interested in submitting to a test YOU administer? No... Outside disinterested third party who is neither for or against? Yes.

Quote:
I asked, including statistical data, without error or guesswork, and without the need to return to the book consciously after 'activation'. Well?
in other words testing a trait of memory? I you don't need to read to acquire information like that.

Going on youtube showing off. There are others doing it. Why don't I? WIIFM? It's not the best use of my time. And those who are against it will stay against it until they are ready to give up whatever fear they have for it to succeed. If they had no fear they would just do it. See what happens. If it can get you through your reading material 3 times faster is that so bad?

The only thing I've seen preventing people from getting PhotoReading is the baggage they are holding onto.

PhotoReading won't work if you don't believe you can. Just like you cannot break a brick with your hand or ride a bike (how does that work anyway?).

We get out of it what we put into it.

Trying to tell me PhotoReading is no good when for me PhotoReading gets me through 2 or three books worth of reading material in a day. Funny about that... people don't like being told what they should. It gets under their skin especially when they have enough to do.

The NASA Report? is like taking the sports car to drive to the corner shop with a speed limit of 20 MPH. If we could really measure the benefit of PhotoReading like that, we could declare the winner of the tour de France from the first leg.

There is different types of reading. Just like riding on a flat road doesn't take as much stamina as riding riding up a hill. And ask someone who doesn't want to ride up a hill to do it for you... they won't perform as well as if their heart is in it. We are human and thankfully we are not all the same. We each believe what we will and achieve what we will.

I'm not sure it's fair to tell everyone 'they shouldn't" because there is no proof.

I for one would love to give you proof.

Evidence that there is something in PhotoReading I have found. Yes scientific. However it's not related to PhotoReading it's related to the latest finding about our brain.

Unfortunately for those who believe PhotoReading doesn't work it won't make any difference. The same as me showing me in action using the PhotoReading system. You'll look for the tricks like I'm an entertainer. So for me it is a waste of time. I prefer to try to help people who do do the course.

I don't need to prove PhotoReading. I just do it for myself. I've never attempted to sell it to my brothers. Yet one of them did learn. He was desperate. He learned the system flipped the book and never opened it again before the exam. No time yet he passed that exam with a distinction.

Sometimes to succeed we have to be prepared to fail by a huge measure.

The recordings from retreat of 2004 is the Results Supercharger.

Did you know that Japan has the most PhotoReading instructors? They have taught over 100,000 people in live seminars since 2004.

ZMasterNCreator... Ebolamonkey... and I are still in touch. He didn't have the course or book either.

Quote:
But I do ask anyone out there who does feel the pull of Service within them to Demonstrate PR for the rest of the world. Help shatter the Old Paradigm. Be our Roger Bannister.

Pete had been doing it for years.

Quote:

I wonder where Alex has got to, actually...
Had a fire in the house. Heater went up in flames. Fortunately I am still of this earth.

AlexK

Pete may have been breaking the Old Paradigm for years-- and intuitively I do believe that-- but apparently the force of his demonstrations failed to reach beyond the "hundredth monkey": after more than a quarter century Photoreading remains a novel skill which lurks far beneath the entrance of the mainstream.And that's not because no one gets it to work. My belief, like it or not, is that LSC fears the potential commercial backlash were demonstrators to "choke". And that's perfectly understandable.

I'm coming from a different perspective than Inchiki and ZMN-- I truly wish to see PR work and demonstrated-- perhaps beneath all their cynicism, they do too. I myself have had glimpses of "success" where I was able to "batch process" entire pages at a time and consciously recall material. And I do take responsibility for not having evolved further with the PR instrument.

Nevertheless, it would be great to see a number of courageous souls take the challenge and raise the PRMS energy beyond the "hundredth monkey". Jesus demonstrated many miracles for all to see... but he got crucified. Certainly LSC fears to suffer the same fate on a commercial level. Quite reasonable.

Also, you're wondering WIIFM? With the proper marketing-- fame, fortune, a motherlode of mulah. Not to mention the feeling that you would in many ways forward the evolution ofthe planet ,be responsible for helping to revamp a tired educational system. Just use your imagination and I'm sure you can come up with a plethora of incentives.

Originally Posted By: truth
Also, you're wondering WIIFM? With the proper marketing-- fame, fortune, a motherlode of mulah. Not to mention the feeling that you would in many ways forward the evolution ofthe planet ,be responsible for helping to revamp a tired educational system. Just use your imagination and I'm sure you can come up with a plethora of incentives.

You're assuming I want fame and fortune from PhotoReading? Those aren't my goals they might be yours.

Isn't it interesting that we believe that other people should want what we want? It's not okay to say I don't believe PhotoReading will work for me and move on and get on with something interesting in life? You also assume that someone else demonstrating it would convince you. Yet aside from experience there is a plethora of research that is trying to explain why we don't stop smoking when we know it's bad for us. For you to be convinced you need to have something switch inside of you. And you have to believe it before you see it. Or at least suspend disbelief. And it won't happen if we try to work with your rules. You're asking me to push you in the direction you want to go and yet the direction is one I've seen tried and failed so many times. There is a different way and I can show you but I cannot give you proof. There is no such thing, or you could accept that the truth is in the pudding. It means you have to make it. There is no such thing as a single truth either.

The only thing that convinced me is I did it.

I didn't buy into "read at 25,000WPM" I tried that before and became a slower reader as a result. No, what originally sold me was the potential to get through 3 books in the same time I could get through one. That was a good enough reason for me to learn PhotoReading.

Discovering that PhotoReading was something else something different and a whole lot more. 40 books, 90 books in a day. My books activated so far this year is over 125 with the better comprehension than I had with traditional reading. They are books that interest me.

To do what you ask takes me away from what is important to me. A balanced life. And my time is better spent on leveraging those already on the path. We don't all need to be on the same path. I'm here to coach those who want help with the system.

The biggest cause for fights is the misguided belief that "they" must think the same way "I" do or one of us is wrong and broken and goodness forbid it be me. So I better make them change their mind.

If you need proof. Let go. Then become the person who proves it.

AlexK

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved