Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Hi, I am seeking an accountability partner to get the ball rolling, been saying my affirmations for more then a month and I am not getting much results, I think the next step is to make my self accountable to someone and would love to help someone else get the most out of this program. It has been my experience that sometimes it is easier to open up to strangers with our hopes and dreams then those who see us everyday. If you are interested use PM or reply to this post.

Sasha

Hi, you just got your self accountability partner. Ive been doing ES little less then a month.

OP Offline

Yay! I posted my email we could be in contact through email or any other method you prefer. just let me know and we can get started!

Sasha

Last edited by Alex K. Viefhaus; 07/07/09 01:39 PM. Reason: please don't post your e-mail on the forum it becomes an invitation to Spam your inbox. Use PM it's in the drop down menu when you hover on a persons name.

Sasha:

I would first wonder about the affirmations themselves.

For example: If one's affirmation is "I am a lovable person" we would first need to define the word "lovable" and the models we are using. In other words, what do we believe a lovable person to be. We may find that we do not fit into what we think a lovable person is, which does not make us unlovable, but would make this affirmation unworkable. However, an affirmation that says "I will take care of my own needs first," would be workable.

Duane V

Hello Sasha and Duane,
I hope you don't mind me adding a comment or two?
Regarding affirmations,I my experience they need to feel absolutely right, that when I say them I feel 100% in alignment with it. If I affirm that "I am a millionaire" when it is blatently untrue.... well that just doesn't power me up.
I found a couple of affirmations that I borrowed from other sources that sat well with me. One is Napoleon Hills' "I'm getting better and better every day in every way". That was generic and yet inspiring - I am getting better at something at least every day. It rang true for me.
The second point I'd like to make is that I never found affirmations to be effective on their own. In my experience they need to be backed up by taking supportive action consistently.
For example to repeat that I am fit and healthy and gorgeous and sexy while eating all around me.... well I just didn't get results and I eventually lost my motivation to repeat mindless and senseless affirmations. However repeating a 'slim thought' while I was out on a fast-paced walk did ring true and it made me feel just splendid and very successful. Then I got into the spirit of my affirmations and they became a valuable tool.
Others (see previous comments on this forum)found stating ones affirmations in front of a mirror to be very effective.
Finally if one needs to question the exact definition of a word (as you mentioned regarding "loveable", then the affirmation isn't phrased quite right. I am sure that the meaning should be absolutely unequivocal. You know exactly what you mean, you mean what you say, and you really, really hunger after that specific outcome.
I wish you magic on your ES journey.
Adieu,
French Claire

I would say I am in the intermediate stage of LOA. I wouldn't mind mentoring or helping people out since I know that I also get things out of teaching, contributing, and brainstorming. Remember, the key is to be in a place of feeling good and happiness, and the affirmations will work a lot better.

OP Offline

I would like to start this program again and I am seeking an accountability partner will be checking this post frequently... anyone interested?

Originally Posted By: Sasha_Carolina
I would like to start this program again and I am seeking an accountability partner will be checking this post frequently... anyone interested?

heh, is it a problem to ask your boyfriend, or girlfriend (I just wonder if you are M or F) to be your accountability partner?

Hi Sasha

I sent you a Private Message!

Kelly

Hi,

I'm at the point in the course where I would like an accountability partner.

Anyone interested?

Graig :>)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved