Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
xxxt Offline OP
OP Offline

When reading i discovered in me that there are at least 2 types of subvocalization...
FIRST - stronger than second,
SECOND - not so strong as first, more internal...
first i can eliminate by counting, outloud or not outloud, or singing, or chanting etc...
but second - more silent, internal - i cant eliminate it....i cant even reduce it...
EVEN if i read text and counting outloud i still hear internal voice...why, how to reduce it ?

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

I subvocalise. I don't consider it an issue unless you're actually moving your mouth. It's part of the thinking reasoning process and research has shown you do need to subvocalise to understand to some degree. So be selective. Focus on the words that carry meaning. And, if when do need, are words you could skip and focus on word that are meaningful. That sentence would sound in my mind skip - focus word meaningful.

A further way to reduce subvocalisation is to listen to nature sounds, birds, breeze, brook, ocean sounds.

AlexK

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved