Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#6989 12/03/03 04:28 PM
OP Offline

I am currently setting some life career goals. Previously I had set some goals based on past failures not wanting to be repeated and staying in a "safe" zone. I recenlty got NB and realized that these are stop signs that I have placed. Just as I type this I can feel the oscillation. I am looking for some feedback on what others have done when experiencing anything like this.

Thanks
Fritz

#6990 12/04/03 06:02 AM

One good way could be to identify role models, who donīt do the things that you try to avoid. After this, pay attention what these persons actualy do. This way you can learn to set set goals towards something that you want. Natural Brilliance Course, could also be just perfect for you.

Cheers :-)

#6991 12/04/03 01:03 AM

Check the web for goal setting exercises. YOu should find lots of information.

You could try searching the forum too.

LSC has just launched a on-line goal setting course.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#6992 12/04/03 05:28 AM
Administrator
Administrator

I had gotten to the point where I absolutely refused to 'write' my goals down. Having spent ages usually determining what they are and in the end when I looked back at them I never achieved them they wound up further out of my reach than when I started. Out of sight out of mind. This created the problem also of creating goals for me.

I was challenged by the e-learning course Clear Mind-Bright Future to write them down, when to me writing them down has come to mean losing them. Woke up today with the realisation that I've taken a huge leap toward one of my goals Brilliant!

The way the course is done (at speed) so that you don't really have time to oscillate this course would probably help you over that hurdle. I know only if you're prone to oscillation you need less time to think. Usually after first deciding to do something the more time you have to think the more reason one comes up with not to do it, or why it won't work, or how hard it's going to be.

Most every goal or task I've found it works best if I don't think too much about it.

Alex

#6993 12/04/03 01:35 PM

In this last year, I've learned that speed is a very good tool to get past the limitations of the conscious mind. This Clear Mind course uses it. Although it is self-regulated. So stick to the time limits. They are their for a purpose, and not to stay on schedule. Remember you can not make any mistakes. And you can repeat if it you feel you need to at the end (I really doubt you will feel that way).

One of the things I like about this course is it develop the smaller less threatening steps to your goals. It does this from several aspects and this is very useful.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved