Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#72961 07/07/09 04:25 PM
OP Offline

Does anyone know if there is a program like Adobe Reader that can flip through pages for pdf books at very high speed like 20 to 30 pages a second depending on the screen refresh rate...? Adobe reader can do that but only at like one page per second.

Thanks

Act as if it were impossible to fail.
Learning Strategies Admin

If you find it let me know I'm still tapping the page down key because it's faster. Holding the Key skips pages.

AlexK

OP Offline

I've searched on Google and can't find anything. Surely software like that must exist? Or even a hack to increase the speed of adobe's auto page turning feature?

What you can do is convert the pdf file into muliple jpg files and use video editing software. Increasing the speed of the page flipping wouldn't be good because some of the images won't load fast enough. It's better to use video editing software because you don't have to wait for the details of each page to load because the pages are already rendered in the video format. With video editing software it's possible to flip at high speeds without missing any details because a page or two had to load.

Last edited by ZMasterNCreator; 07/11/09 01:45 AM.
OP Offline

That idea makes the most sense. Would you explain to me how I could change the pdf file into multiple jpg files? Also what video editing software would you recommend? Thanks

As much as making a film of a book to present it before the eyes faster makes sense. The time spent preparing a book making a jpg of each page of it is longer than photo focusing on the page and hitting the page down key once. Ultimately you could traditionally read the book with less effort \:D

AlexK

The conversion software converts the pdf pages in sequence with how the pages are presented on acrobat. Windows movie maker picks up on the sequence and automatically puts all the images together in a movie organized by the sequence however many FPS you want. You can make a huge movie of several books, this can be done while you are busy sleeping or doing other tasks.

Curious. What's the purpose of piling and PhotoReading so many books?

AlexK

OP Offline

What software can you use to convert from pdf to jpeg? I've looked all over and struggling...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved