Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

I'm sorry, Inchiki -
As I understand it, this forum is about sharing experiences that have been valuable to us in moving forward in a positive direction - and that may be helpful to others who are trying to do so, too. We would welcome any positively oriented contributions you might like to offer on the topic at hand.
In this case, several of us are working on 'giving up' some less productive activities and finding out what comes of it. Do you have something you might be looking at giving up - and for which you would like to use this forum for accountability and support?
May you create some personal peace today.
Margaret Ida
Some shared experiences will be more meaningful to you and some less. When I write, I often speak of things I have learned at church because much of my learning about energetic powers has come from that context. I do so in the spirit of sharing - not proselytizing. If my religious references offend you to the point that you do not find my postings to be helpful, I would invite you to skip to a posting that is more meaningful to you.

Hi Folks,
I don't know if you guessed it, but I was working on that last post from various perspectives and finally decided to go with a 'back on topic' one. Unexpectedly, a paragraph from another effort wound up being included. Maybe it belongs there, after all!

My report on my personal challenge (I am going to 'give up' late nights and make 10pm a target for closing my day and getting to bed) is as follows: I have gotten myself to bed considerably earlier - which is progress. But not as early as 10pm - which gives me something to still work on, I guess.
For those of you who have worked with Holosync, you will know that Bill Harris says he was a great resister. I identify with that very much and have been noticing that I very, very often resist all kinds of ideas and suggestions. (See - I'm noticing it at least!) So I guess I have resisted the full commitment to 10pm - but I did manage to sneak a little bit of change under my internal radar! I think that noticing that I have been affirming my busy-ness and therefore keeping myself busy with 'derailers' is a good example. Today I found myself thinking about 'getting things done' and noticed that I have been doing that!
I guess this week I will give away my 'keeping busy' phrase and practise using a my new one - getting the important things done.
My report on this one is due early next week.
Steve, your reports on 'giving up' and 'asking' are truly inspirational!
I look forward to hearing from the rest of you on your 'giving up' projects.
May you create effortless success in your day.
Margaret Ida

Stevers Offline OP
OP Offline

Originally Posted By: Margaret Ida
...but I did manage to sneak a little bit of change under my internal radar! I think that noticing that I have been affirming my busy-ness and therefore keeping myself busy with 'derailers' is a good example. Today I found myself thinking about 'getting things done' and noticed that I have been doing that!
I guess this week I will give away my 'keeping busy' phrase and practise using a my new one - getting the important things done.

Way to go Margaret Ida!

It sure looks to me that part of this process is that when we affirm/intend a new reality (or in this case give up an old habit) things do sneak under our radar. My experience with the ASKING Paraliminal certainly brought that home for me.

Someone I read or listened to sometime in the last 20 years talked about making a "commitment to unconscious competency". The idea is that you when you let go of old habits, there is room for new (more life affirming) habits to show up - like getting the important things done!

Again, bravo! And congratulations of the progress you DID make with getting to bed earlier!

I'll look forward to your next report.

Stevers

Last edited by Stevers; 08/05/09 01:02 AM.
Stevers Offline OP
OP Offline

All,

I have been having a strange experience the past four days. I have been finding myself taking MASSIVE action (for me, at least) on many different fronts, going from one thing directly to the next with very little pause for reflection. It's as if as soon as I finish one thing (and sometimes sooner) I immediately have the impulse (or perhaps I should call this intuition?) show up for the next thing to do.

Could this have anything to do with the fact that I have been listening to the ASK Paraliminal every day for the past week, and that my relationship with my Inner Guidance has quickened and deepened? My hunch is, yes (although I am actively working with a lot of other elements at once - quite typical for me).

Anyway, I must confess all this is a bit unsettling. So for week two of the "What are you willing to give up to be successful?" challenge:

I hereby commit to giving up trying to rope in my enthusiastic impulses to take action for the entire week, starting now, to find out what happens.

What this means is I am willing to trust that my impulses and intuitions have their own innate wisdom and that the things that truly need to get will get done. This is quite scary for me, even as it is exhilarating. I add to my commitment that I will do The Feeling Exercise (from Abundance for Life) if I begin to shut down with fear around all of this alarmingly productive yet largely unplanned action.

Let 'er rip!

Stevers

My Mid Week Report on giving UP 'busy-ness'

This has really turned out to be much more than I ever could have imagined. I have gained more clarity, uncovered more dark fears, faced mental & physical challenges, and become 100% more energized than I ever thought possible! I feel like I have evolved more in the past few days, than in the past few years. I think my greatest breakthru is that now I understand both How and WHY I have been limiting myself, how I have created my own frustrations, why things didn't work the way they were 'supposed' to work... and the best part is- I can laugh at all of it. It is all really amusing- the tricks I played on myself!

I have re-discovered & remembered the things that I truly enjoy, and re-connect with my essential self. I have learned to let my intuition speak loud enough to be heard over the noise of my random thoughts. This week, I have experienced intense & immense joy- for extended periods- every day.

Every morning I set the intention to only do things that brought joy to myself & others, and to encounter friendly, happy people everywhere I went. As a result, I've met some great new people, had a lot of fun with my friends, my roses are in full bloom, the gardens are weed free (I love to play in the dirt) and there is a mountain of dog hair under the couch! I found a wonderful person who loves housecleaning- and her love of cleaning allows me the time to experience the things I enjoy.

Giving Up 'busy-ness' has allowed space for all the things I've been working toward to flow into my life. It feels like a door opened, and the sunlight poured into the dark corners where my fears were hiding- and they all melted away like the wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz.

My next step is to re-evaluate my goals, with this new understanding- and focus this energy and clarity on them. I am sure that the old habits will attempt to re-emerge, but now I see them for what they are- a laughable diversion from my Essential life.

Cheers & Thank You Stevers

Brenda

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved