Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#73287 08/04/09 09:42 PM
OP Offline

I am new to this, please be patient with me. I am at this time living by myself. I am a widow. I have raised my three children successfully. Now, I know that it is me time. I want to be free to live my own life. There are many people who love and care about me. I love the journey that I am on. I am not working a 9-5, vacation once a year, etc.,job. I am a freelancer. I love helping people. When someone needs my help I am there to help. The people who love me think I am crazy and are worried about how am I going to survive. I have been trusting my Creator, Source of my Being all my life, this is something they have a hard time understanding. Until I am having financial success, working a job (9-5) in my life, they are all saying "we'er worried and concerned about your well being. I am learning each and everyday what I want, and I at this point all I want is to be left alone to find my way to do the things I want to do. How do I tell them to leave me alone, I am ok!! ? I am reading and learning about the Law of Attraction, which I realize I have been using all my life. I am excided about LEARNING STRATEGIES. Thank you for any support.

RobynWanda

You need to let people be on their own path. They worry about you because they love, but they lack the tools you have to make progress. Another concern from these people in a more selfish way may be that they feel that you may seek their financial help, even if you have probably never done so.

Personal development is not an easy way of changing our lives. It is hard work and testominies on here demonstrate it.

If you feel you are on the right path, keep moving ahead. You are in charge of your own life so accept others, but let them go at the same time.

Welcome RobynWanda!
There are more people than you know who are living the kind of 'freelance' life you describe. And many of us experience the same kind of attitudes you describe from those around us. Never mind. They were trained in the 'security' of the employee status - which most find less secure right now! They don't know how they would survive without a 9-5 job, so they can't understand how you can. Your experience with faith-based living has given you an abundance of happiness and a serenity that they have not found. [Maybe they are jealous and want you to be on the same level they are - many unconsciously do!] If they express anxiety, you might just tell them that you are doing well enough to pay for your needs, which is about as well as they are (maybe) so they needn't worry about you.
I would encourage you to continue to trust in the guidance of your Creator and go forward in peace and abundance.
May you create peace and joy in your heart.
Margaret Ida

Hi RobynWanda,

i am going through the same situation (i mean financial) and i am facing the financial problem but also focusing myself to create the life on the basis of meaning and abundant. when i do this than i feel the adventure and joy but when i think about the future than fear come to my mind and i am thinking that how can i survive in this life. i have family to support and i wanted to live this kind of joyful life because i taste it in a bit and i donot wanted to go on that dull life again but financial problem forcing me to accept the dull job.

i just wanted to ask a question from you that how can you in this age you develop the belief in God. i am assuming that you help others without thinking about daily bread and inside of you, you are so sure that you cannot be failure because you believe in God. can you share something about this trust in God. how can one develop the kind of belief you have in your life.

I need it badly.

nice guy

Stevers has started a thread about faith you might like to follow. In it he quotes from the Effortless Success course -
"To trust in the force that moves the Universe is FAITH. Faith isn't blind; Faith is Visionary. Faith is believing that the Universe is on our side and the Universe knows what it's doing."
It is indeed a great leap to go from believing their is no guiding force to trusting in God. I would suggest that a first step is simply to open your heart and mind to the possibility that there might actually be a proactive energy into which you could tap. With your question here, I think you have already taken that step. The next one is to start noticing what evidence there is that your life is being (or has been) affected positively by outside events. (Many use the word 'blessed' for this concept.)
You know, you actually report trusting in the 'security' of your 9-5 job providing for your future - yet told us not long ago that the one you had was ending. By nature the employee's position is temporary and can be terminated at any time. It is only a vehicle to provide for your family's immediate needs. If you already have another job to use for that purpose, you have been affected positively by an outside event. (There are many people looking for jobs who don't find them these days.) Surely you have been 'blessed' to have the means with which to purchase the Effortless Success course. Use it, doing the things it teaches, and notice the positive things that just 'show up' in your life. Don't feel that you must interpret this in any way - just notice what is happening.
If you remember, the Law of Attraction tells you that the amount of emotional energy you attach to an outcome is what attracts it to you. Accordingly, noticing the things you enjoy in abundance attracts more experiences with enjoying and abundance. But the other side of the coin is that noticing fearfully the things you lack attracts more experiences of fearing and lack. So the trick is to notice when you find yourself worrying about the future, tell yourself to stop that, and direct your thoughts to the things that you have enjoyed in the past, are enjoying in the present, and/or could be enjoying in the future. As long as you are actively putting energy into your life (not just hanging around waiting for it to happen) the energy you attract will show up in your life.
May you create some abundance in your life today.
Margaret Ida

thanks Margaret Ida for the wisdom. i am actually spending lot of time on worry about the bad things going to happen in future. i am not focusing on the positive side of the life. because i am fearing inside that what if i fail. and this question paralyze me and i am unable to focus on blessing. but i know that i have to take this decision and i have to face this fear. but taking the decision that i am going to overcome this fear is not easy for me.

because i could not overcome this fear for forever so i make a plan for it. so i take the decision that i choose the trust for the next 25 days upto 31.08.2009 i allow myself to focus on positive side. and i allow myself to see this sentence that i am going to live a meaningful and abundant life. whatever thoughts come to my mind aginst this decision i am going to release it and put my mind focus on what i want. if i fail than it could not hurt me because it is only for 25 days and than i can come back to my reasonable life and i can go to the old ways. and if i am successful than i can completely changed my mindset for forever.

it means that i am genuinely look for the good in my life and circumstances and also look for the gifts in my problem. i do not know what is going to happen in future and i see myself that i am going towards my life of full of meaning and abundance. and i am going blindly follow this for the next 25 days.

what is your suggestion. is this decision is good. i am a proactive person. i mean i do not blame anybody for my position in my life. i know that i am responsible for my decision, my behaviour, my attitude and my focus and my thoughts. and in the past i am continuously use this attitude of practive in my daily life. so i can take this decision easily but do you think that my intention or law of attraction could do something wrong because i am taking the decision only for 25 days not for whole life.

thanks,

nice guy

Hi RobynWanda!

I thought out two and even three responses...

So I think to weigh my words carefully.

You do well to 'pinch yourself'. Going it 'freelance' when you say, 'I am new to this' is 'crazy'. Use your powers to get hold of a mentor who has made 'freelance' work for them and follow their counsel religiously.

Kind Regards,

OP Offline

Thank you for your responce. I agree with what you said, thats why I am checking out this group of people. I am so feeling a connection. I am looking for a mentor who has done what I am working on doing. I no that I am on the right track and will continue to trust in the Higher Power who I choose to call My GOD, Source of my Being, Creator of my Soul. My journey has been interesting, the books I am reading, the interesting people I am meeting. I am free to explore the things that GOD has put in my path. I can truely say I have never been this excited about my life, except when I got married and had my three children. So now I am on a new journey and am being ask "ok what do you want to do now, what ever it is lets do it together". I am very much walking by faith as I wake up each day knowing that yesterday is gone and today is new. I love living in The Now. My needs are all taken care of for today. Food, Shelter,and lots of Love. So for me its not crazy, its Living, Laughing, Loving and Enjoy what I am given each and everyday. No complaining anymore, just having Faith and a Positive Attitude.

RobynWanda

Hi again,

RobynWanda,

Much love, I would keep notes on what your heart says day upon day and someday that will be a 'road map' for others who find themselves on a similar path.

I've done that for decades and I also noted how it builds personal conviction and strength as you review and follow through footfall by footfall...

A good mentor can help to keep the road on point, clear and presently useful. 'Freelancing' can require a step above in disciple and professional focus.

OP Offline

Hi to you,
Yukala,
Talk about road map for others.. I am talking to people almost everyday, loving to encourage and support them. The thank you's I get feel so good. You are so right in suggesting that I keep notes.

I am so feeling so free at this time. You said "Freelancing can require a step above disciple and professional focus", what do you mean? I am aware that a good mentor is what I need now, it is something that I am seeking. Thank you and much love back to you. \:\)

RobynWanda
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved