Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Hi,

What I mean is that you are disciplined in almost a hidden way; outgoing, charming, useful. You pour your soul out with a smile.

But, behind the scenes you need be actually more disciplined than usual so to make money, keeping good client records, learning all the time, staying one step ahead of trends or technical requirements. (depending on the venue).

You are in sales, marketing, personal coaching and still have expertise in some line of endeavor. You work for your self and the other person; which is huge.

Usually best to befriend others 'working for themselves' as the common ground can be a lifesaver.

Living the life as a practical inspiration all around who just seems to be 'there', when needed.

Keep up on your 'homework'. An often used plan is to romance and keep 'fewer' bigger clients.

OP Offline

Thank you, Yukala,

I hear you loud and clear. I am still learning. Planning on keeping up my homework.

RobynWanda

On becoming more positive:

I was most intrigued to read your recent post, Niceguy. I know exactly what you are referring to (negative thoughts) as I had a similar experience when I went beyond the initial high of ES-ing.

I am wondering whether the command to think positively all the time isn't a step too big for some of us (me especially as I am basing my theory on my own experience).

The first time I had a glimpse of this 'step too big' idea was when I read Gay Hendrick's "The Big Leap". He writes about living in one's genius zone: finally shaking off the shackles of one's zone of excellence to operate within one's own personal genius. Note, the author assumes we are alrealy in our zone of excellence.

Now I was really stimulated at living in my zone of genius - I mean, who wouldn't like that? However, I am currently NOT living in my zone of competence, let alone zones of excellence or genius. I began to question whether this book was written for people in a different situation to me. If I were seriously to contemplate moving into my zone of genius, the changes would have to be so radical, so massive, that they would send shockwaves thorough my entire universe - a step too big as I would unsettle everyone.

Joe Vitale, in his "Expect Miracles", seems to realise that some people have genuine difficulties that hamper them from simply throwing the switch from negative to positive. He even admits "a negative environment can be extremely difficult to overcome" (p. 64).

I am starting to question whether (for me anyway) it isn't a sign of progress in the right direction when certain negative thoughts, feelings and events jump into centre stage even as I strive to live positively. Could it be that these need to be worked through BEFORE I can embrace a 100% positive lifestyle? I mean, I can't just abdicate from all things that don't suit me because I live in a network of people, responsiblilities, contracts and obligations.

I wonder whether I inadvertently set myself up as a failure because I sometimes had negative thoughts? I certainly felt that I must be doing something wrong, perhaps now working hard enough at the ES process, because I still had to deal with negative feelings and reactions.

Vitale has a technique for dealing with negative stuff. He suggests we look at the negative situation/experience/feeling and try to find a useful lesson embedded within it. Then we have something to be grateful for, positive about. This really works for me. I can pick through some painful experience and select some useful lessons. Within a minute or two, I feel completely different and can actually see a benefit in having had a bad experience. I change from being a victim to being a beneficiary.

Whether my hunch is correct or not, I can honestly state that I am working through my negative stuff and leaving it behind. I used to be so upset at having my mother live with us - that is gone. I resented having to sell my heritage home in Ireland - now I truly desire to sell it. I was angry, confused and hurt at my work experiences in Ireland - now different interpretations are emerging. I know that I have ES to thank for this emerging mindset. I am excited to see when I have finally cleared my last negative hurdle (leaving my current job), how much more time I can spend in a positive mindset.

Have a really positive day.
Adieu,
French Claire

Especially for niceguy - and anybody else working on change (I think that's all of us!) - and me (this is partly my own personal therapy!)
You may have seen other posts in which I advocate using baby steps. I have found it too easy to beat up on myself and get negative when I attempt to make a big change (or set of changes) in one giant step. A mentor reminded me recently of the old riddle - Q. How do you eat an elephant? A. One bite at a time!
If I commit to making a change, and especially if it looks like a big change, I find it useful to choose a first step/goal that I feel sure I can accomplish. Then as I take that step I have an experience with success and can move on to another step with more confidence ('faith,' if you will).
A goal to ALWAYS think positively is a BIG goal - unattainable without a careful definition of 'thinking.' Negative things and thoughts will always be a part of your life. Otherwise, how could you identify what is positive? Opposition is a necessary part of this life! However, if you define 'thinking positively' as the action you take in the face of challenging circumstances, then I think it is quite possible to successfully create a positive approach to life.
I have found that noticing feelings is a wonderful early step. Ask 'How am I feeling?' I may be feeling tense, or discouraged, or over-whelmed - or I may be happy, peaceful, enthused. Becoming aware of your feelings is a step towards doing something about them. Congratulate yourself each time you find yourself noticing how you are feeling! I find journaling helps me remember that I am doing it.
Noticing thoughts is another early step. Ask "What am I thinking?" Feelings are the results of focusing on some thought.
Becoming aware of the thoughts that are in your mind and heart is another step towards doing something about them. Again, congratulate yourself each time you notice what thoughts are producing your feelings - and that means positive thoughts and feelings as well as negative ones! Again, journaling is a good reinforcement for me.
Once I notice a feeling and find the thought that is triggering it, then I can choose what to do with it. Since I want to enhance a positive feeling, I can nurture it by pursuing that line of thinking and enjoying the experience. And since I want to eliminate a negative feeling, I can get rid of it by ignoring the negative line of thinking and taking it in another direction.

Nobody knows better than you do what you can trust yourself to do. Niceguy, you ask, "do you think that my intention or law of attraction could do something wrong because i am taking the decision only for 25 days not for whole life?" It is a good goal to work on trusting for 25 days since you feel you can commit to that amount of time. But you must think of trust as the reasonable way to live. Keep a written record of your positive experiences with trusting. Do not write down anything about mistrust or fear. Focus on the feelings and ideas that come when you trust. When you review your record at the end of the month, you will see what positive things trust has brought into your life - and make your decision about continuing with it.
Wishing you may create peace and happiness,
Margaret Ida

thanks French Claire for your response and i am sorry to give you late response. it is because i could not understand your answer deeply and secondly because i am develop the resistance to answer to you. why i do not know but i know that i must give this answer. so i first release the resistance to you and than jump to see your answer. and i find that you not only understand the question deeply but also give the answer in a deep way. now i can understand your answer clearly which i cannot understand in past. and i am appreciate it. because it contain the answer to me. i am really hesitating to decide go for complete different person or act as if that i am ideal person i wanted to be or first clear the clutter than shift my conscious. i make the decision and i find that it is too hard for me. after the initial motivational stage i come to know that i am not making progress but actually i am getting worse. i am literally fighting with myself to be in the positive state and what you called the genius state. whole day and at night upto 3 am i am still fighting with me because i am releasing the negative emotion or talking to myself on the spot but now the storm has been less charged. i also find that when i just live in the present moment than i am feeling very good inside and feeling very content. but when i switch to thinking about the future than i start having worry and other negative things. because i am already decided to be positive so i prefer to live in the present moment and when i found that i am not able to do the simple task because i am already engaged in making myself positive work. because i know that this is the initial stages where the resistance is so high that i am not able to complete my daily simple chores. but this decision make me feel mad that i am not even completing simple chores but now i am feeling good because now i notice that i am feeling adventure in it. i am saying to myself wow! what a experiment i am doing. i am making a life based on meaning and abundance while i am not have even a money to pay me regular bills. there is fear and also adventure in my stomach. i am feeling the sensation of both at the same time in me. and thanks for the advice you have given me i am going to apply it in my daily life and than i will respond to you.

thanks for giving the insight that i have to live in the genius zone. i never read the book so i assume it means that i do my best in the present moment. and if the best is not enough than i do not beat myself. beause i did my best. and i am start doing the best in the present moment and that is i am going to do right now. i will tell you about it. but one thing is sure that this is great difficult for me and but also very motivating and effortless for me because i am not going to beat myself if i found that what i done is nothing. but i know inside that i am doing my best in daily life. i think you understand that what i am saying.

thanks Margaret Ida for your insight. you have provide a very good idea which is easy to implement and can be achieve. but i think my situation is different. i wanted to have a career and life which is based on meaning and abundance and i am going to lost my job soon. and doing small baby steps does not provide me the results i want and i think a big step is required by me at this present situation. if i does not take the big steps and massive steps than i am going to fail. and this fear plus achieving the goal give me strenth to handle the big steps and bear the pain it bring to me. if i am wrong than please let me
know. because right now i wanted to be right in life instead wanted to be right in this forum. so if i am wrong than frankly
write down i am even ready to hear the harsh words if they guide me to better life. so i think massive and consistent big steps is require by me in this present situation. and about your feeling part and thinking part. i tell you that i am keep a little diary with me and in every hour i am asking these questions from myself.

1. what i done in this hour (what activity i do)
2. what i am thinking about and what i am thinking. (write a line or two only)
3. what i am feeling today and why and what type of feeling i encounter can i release these feeling if not why
4. can i am taking the biggest step in this present moment towards my meaningful and abundant life. it may be short in life but in the present moment this is the biggest step.
5. am i looking for good in present situation, people and circumstancs.
6. what i learn today (at night i write the answer)
7. am i taking every decision on the basis of what i want or desire. not on the basis of fear, or wanting to avoid the situation, or worry about the situation.

in every hour or 2 hour i am writing these answer and this take only 3-5 minutes only. in this way i am aware that what is going on in my life and also i am keeping the journal because i am now having a good amount of free time so i am utilising it in my own ways.

i do not understand this passage from you and that is

IT IS A GOOD GOAL TO WORK ON TRUSTING FOR 25 DAYS SINCE YOU FEEL YOU CAN COMMIT TO THAT AMOUNT OF TIME. BUT YOU MUST THINK OF TRUST AS THE REASONABLE WAY TO LIVE

will you explain a bit about it.

thanks for the last part of insight which i found very useful for me. and i try it myself and if i face the difficulties than i will let you know about it.

nice guy

Hi all,
I am aware that RobynWanda's initial message is being distorted by having a separate thread discussed on it. Welcome to ES, RobynWanda. I look forward to hearing all sorts of exciting ES adventures from you.
Keep communicating, that is definitely the right approach. ES is not a process to keep to oneself!
And now to the new thread!
Adieu,
French Claire

Apologies for lengthy delay in response to Niceguy's question.
In the spirit of the thread -
You said in an earlier post the following:
'if i fail than it could not hurt me because it is only for 25 days and than i can come back to my reasonable life and i can go to the old ways.'
I said that you must think of trust as a reasonable way of life because it appears to me in that statement that you really think of it as UNreasonable or maybe 'crazy.' (Which I think is generally considered undesirable!)
You consider yourself to be a 'reasonable' person and probably would like others to see you that way, too. But you made a 25 day commitment to give up your 'reasonable' skepticism. There are many people who feel that it is very reasonable to live by trust and faith. When you let go of the idea that faith is unreasonable, and accept it simply as another way of being reasonable, then I think that you will find it is easier to stay with your commitment to try it.
I hope that clarifies my thought and helps to move you on your pathway along Effortless Success.
Margaret Ida

i also apologies for the delay in reply because i am busy in looking for work which bring abundance and meaning to me. i have not yet find the things but i am happy to announce that i am start looking for the new opportunities. the fear which is resting in my mind is start disappearing. i am looking forward to life. when i am alone and find that i am reacting negatively than i use the sedona method and release it. this helps me a lot. i am also using the peak performance paraliminal in the morning and i am starting taking the steps towards the earning good money by doing meaningful work and earn in abundance.

i have not yet found the meaningful work but i found a business which give me flexibility and freedom and good money also. but this is not a meaningful work so i think i have to go forward. now the fear of losing the job is no more. this new business venture give me the sufficient money through which i can pay my bills easily. and this happen in just one day. i saw the opportunity and understand it and start using it. all happen in one day. cannot believe.

and i wanted to thanks all the person who give me support and also give me insight specially French Claire and Margaret Ida. you are diamond in the gem.

thanks to all of you again. and i am agree with you completely about your last reply Margaret and i am going to incorporate this insight in my daily life.

sanjay sharma, india

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved