Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#73352 08/08/09 07:02 PM
OP Offline

Dear All,
First I want to express my delight and gratitude at being in contact with so many fellow ES travellers. This forum really helps me to stay focused on ES and finding my bliss and my true calling in life.

Secondly, I am making progress. That is to say, I confirm yet again that ES is changing my life for the better. Not ES per se, but the continuous time, thought, and action steps that ES and this forum is encouraging me to take.

Now, about after the honeymoon.
Please bear with me if I articulate this badly, but these understandings and experiences are brand new, thus I am a novice at expressing them.

When I first started ES (back in March I think), I felt a wave of pure, unadulterated bliss. All I needed to do was listen to Jack Canfield speak and I felt marvellous. I spent quite a time on a permanent high.

I don't know exactly when the high faded, but real life started to intrude once again. I wanted to remain glued to the positive, however life situations reeled me back to planet earth. And most of those feelings were not good, not upbeat.

Now I have the benefit of hindsight and I can say that I have made incredible progress. While I beat myself up for wading through negative life situations, and I felt guilty for indulging my negative-side, I could not do otherwise. Happily I can now confirm that issues which caused me genuine pain have now dissipated. They are gone.

1) Gone is the stress and tension surrounding my mother coming to live with us. There is nothing at present to release. So that is one major source of negativity just evaporated.

2) Gone are the negative feelings I had regarding my decision to leave Ireland and sell the house of our dreams. I felt very hard done by (turkey and eagle dramas). ES and the work I have put in have enabled me to change my perspectives. At this point there is a flurry of interested parties in our house, it could sell at any minute, and I gain total financial independence. Right now I cannot imagine why I went through so much pain and didn't realise that this is the best possible outcome.

3) I have felt a lot of discomfort and dissatisfaction around my current work (teaching). In the blink of an eye I have found a new life focus which is in total harmony with my husband. A week ago I was in the doldrums at returning to school, now I am planning a living which brings bliss and companionship to both my husband and I.

So how did I get from depressing A to happy point B? Simple enough really. I stayed focused on ES. I spewed out my thoughts and feelings on the forum whether they were positive or negative. Others supported me lovingly and made me feel OK about myself. I was determined that I would not settle for less this time round. And my subconscious came up with perfect solutions to each 'problem'. I did need time and I did need to FEEL dreadful at times.

What am I trying to say here?
OK - and true ES disciples may not accept this - I now believe that also focusing on negative life aspects is part and parcel of finding my bliss and generating an "abundant and meaningful life" (thanks for your glorious 4 word definition, Niceguy!). After all the pain and guilt at feeling negative, I look back and see the negative feelings were necessary to show me WHAT I NO LONGER WANT. It was impossible for me to simply flip a switch and magic these thorns in my side away. They were a full and active part of my life. I needed to work through them, rearrange my perspective, ask my subconscious to deliver a happier outcome.

I'm burbling a bit now (difficult still to express) so I'll conclude with this. I think that people who have created the life of their dreams CAN think positively most of the time (aka Canfield). After all if you are living the life you chose to live, what is there to be negative about? However for most normal folk, people like me, who are only a few steps up the ladder, well we carry around plenty of life circumstances that are far from satisfying. These need to go. So at this point, ES for me, is about rearranging what doesn't work at all well while simultaneously striving to manifest a lot more bliss, meaning, and abundance.

It is so exciting to contemplate living in financial freedom. Watch this post.
Adieu,
French Claire

I believe we feel negative because the solution to the problem creating us negativity cannot be immediately found. If we are thirsty at home, we don't go negative... we just pour ourselves a glass of water! Of course, life is not so simple! We just need to avoid drifting into negativity when a problem, which we cannot immediately resolve, presents itself.

In your case, French Claire, I believe you are seeing advantages of being with your mother and of selling you mansion in Ireland. Like Napoleon Hill wrote: "Each adversity carries the seed of bigger and better benefit". I also think that you have overcome a down period which is part of any growth.

OP Offline

G'day Uniquesoul,
It is always great to hear from you, but you know that anyway!
Thank you for your gentleness, it makes me feel good. I am sure you are totally right about the second part. The first part of your reply is something I will reflect on and put in my diary of "insights to remember when I'm low".
Take care - this house is chock-a-block with Ozzies right now!
Talk soon,
French Claire

Hello French Claire!

Being new to ES I was intrigued by and drawn to your post. There was an initial "uh-oh" feeling that came with remembering that every relationship goes through a honeymoon period. And I thought, "Gulp! What will happen after my honeymoon with ES is over?" I became riveted to your post.

As for your being a novice at expressing ... nonsense! I read you completely ... and appreciated your candor and honesty. It was also inspiring to read about all the aspects of your life where you consider progress and the new directions have been found. Wow! - I must admit that I can not imagine financial independence. Typically I consider independence from worry/concern about finances to be a lofty goal. Methinks that I've been merely avoiding facing my beliefs ... the ones that have me not believing I could be FI. Looks like an area that calls me to begin some work!

What I appreciated most about your post was your admission that progress/success came about from sticking with ES ... through thick and thin. Reminds me of another kind of vow.

So with reading your post, I was reminded that every relationship has a honeymoon period ... get beyond the honeymoon,and the real work of relationship begins. Do the work and the benefits and joy of a relationship that has traversed the ups and downs, stops and starts, laughter and tears is won.

You've helped further inspire me to engage with my relationship to ES ... and I thank you kindly!

Jense

Col Offline

Claire -

I read your post days ago but allowed myself to believe I didn't have time to reply right then (see at least I'm practicing 100% accountability :))

Based on my experience thus far on this journey (of a lifetime!) and your thoughtful account of your experiences, I believe I was square in the middle of your "honeymoon over" analogy in the last few weeks. My telling of it in summary:
- I began a couple months after you - early May I believe
- Listened to disks in an almost addictive way, I know the bliss! The term "high" you used is so appropriate
- Did the Level 1 exercises, and felt a sense of purpose, my imagination sparked as it hasn't been in years. Daily disciplines, Evening Reviews, daily exercise program, etc.
- By mid-June... Listened to Level 2, a bit more slowly, and found myself not having time for the exercises. I listened to everything again (I/II) and tried to get back on track. Felt a little overwhelmed with the exercises esp those that required daily attention.

About 6 weeks in:
At this point I had begun noticing some improvements in my life but not in the areas of most focus - health improving, exercise was finally effortless, and relationships were deepening. Issues with my father were resolving, and I didnt need to be as involved in his care anymore (the past year had been tough).
BUT financial/career, the areas that cause me the most anxiety and frustration... not so much going on there. In fact with several unexpected personal expenses and surprise layoffs at our company I was hard pressed not to plead for "status quo"! Which mere months ago was not what I wanted at all. ah Fear...

Louise Hay has some great insights regarding the discomfort of Change and Transition - the new path, the backsliding, the back and forth as one shifts between old ways and new habits, the need to lovingly release blocks that come up that had been long suppressed, and not beat oneself up in the process. Funny how I insisted on forgetting all that as I "backslid" on ES and proceeded to do nothing more productive than beat myself up!

So I turned toward ES with renewed zeal, but finally realized I had a lot of blocks, self-directed negativity, etc. I saw I was approaching ES through desperation. I was not approaching ES in love, play, and trust. I knew I needed to clear myself to allow ES and my own success to have a good foundation. Sedona Method is what is working for me in this regard - and many other paths can get us to that same place.

Sedona helped me realize that, just as you realized (paraphrase), the negative is there and needs to be dealt with. Not ignored, or analyzed to death, not even understood necessarily, but acknowledged, welcomed, and released. After all fearing fear only feeds it - and it really is just a protection mechanism in many cases. Protection from the unknown, from potentially getting hurt. An old "friend" who had value in my earlier life, and kept me from getting hurt, but who now keeps me from taking the risks, trusting, acting, being.

It gives me comfort to see you a little ahead, working through, sticking with it, and seeing results. I also know now to try all the exercises but ultimately pick the ones that work best, that call to me. In fact it is mentioned in ESII I think. No need to beat oneself up over not doing everything... not "doing it right". Except for consistency, and trying each exercise at least once, I now believe at least parts of it are meant to be customized ultimately. Think Jack said if he did everything everyday his workday wouldnt start til late afternoon...

It's meant a lot that you've taken the time to outline your challenges, goals, and so forth. Your financial and career goals are similar to mine, and the care of your parent reminds me of the stressors that created in my situation. And the buttons that were pushed!

So now, as I emerge from my rut (and this post), I am so glad I am acknowledging, welcoming and releasing and no longer suppressing the negativity and fear. I feel a bit like a newborn, a little vulnerable, but I know and trust I have the tools, support and ability to ALLOW my success. On MY amazing, exciting, and brilliant terms!

Thank you again for your "testimonials"!
Colleen

OP Offline

Hello Jense,
It is so good to have you participating in the forum. Working as a couple (if you are whom I assume you are) you will be an unstoppable force and I look forward to your sharing your outcomes!

I just wanted to take this opportunity to wax lyrical about financial freedom seeing as it rings bells for you. In fact I'm astonished to read so little on the forum about becoming financially independent - perhaps we are a virtuous lot and MONEY is a dirty word?!

So, if you are interested, go to my new thread entitled "Financial Freedom", what else!

Adieu,
French Claire

OP Offline

Dear Colleen,
Thank you for your expansive input and sharing your personal experiences of ES. I have read your post at least three times and the more I read it, the more it delivers.

It interests me that you also had to release stuff. I never anticipated having ES dredge up negative shadows inside me. It certainly did. I have dealt with a lot of uncomfortable feelings since the beginning of June (approx.). It is particularly nice to feel that I am coming back into the sunshine, the joy and bliss that working ES generates.

I was equally interested to read that you worked through ES course one, but were less motivated to work through course two (my interpretation). My experience was similar. Course three buzzed me more - it spoke to me. I wonder how others have fared?

Now I can say that Course three is really stimulating me. I choose to believe that this is because I have done so much preparatory work - as thoroughly as I can - so perhaps I have completed the asking and believing phases of the course. Hopefully all I need to do in this current cycle is open to receive. Any sections I read on receiving certainly vibrate well with me.

Have a stimulating day.
Adieu,
French Claire

Col Offline

Hi Claire!

Thanks for the feedback - yes, while I wasnt exactly surprised at finding release was needed (I've gone thru other teachings that have taught me the importance of releasing to clear space for more good). But I had certainly forgotten, so I had an "aha" moment. In Sedona, Hale makes the point several times that you can't just put happy faces on top of all the suppressed stuff. Ya gotta clear it. I tried Sedona Method knowing I needed something to help me in my stuck state, and when I heard that... aha!

Excited to hear your opinion of course 3, I stopped it as I had reached my stuck state, afraid I wouldnt hear the wisdom, etc. So I went through 1 and 2 again, and am actually now starting 3 this week with a fresh perspective. I have family descending (you can sympathise I know!) this week and a full work load so I may only listen through the discs once and then go through again with the exercises next week.

Have a sparkly day!
Colleen

I'm new here, for now, but I wanted to thank French Claire for the post. In the Abundance for Life set, a big part of it is reclaiming power through the act of using the Feeling Exercise. He says just go with it, and you did and it worked for you...thanks for the inspiration through your sharing. I will be starting ES myself very soon. Cheers!

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved