Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline

Dear Forum Readers - and Margaret Ida - to whom I am responding now,

I know what you are getting at, Margaret Ida, and there are times when I can be totally and completely in present time, thus money is of little significance. The ability to stay fully in the present is something I am getting better at. In my experience these can be intensely powerful interludes of deeply appreciating nature (say, if I am on a walk), or just feeling 100% content, at peace with myself and the world, and since Effortless Success, I feel much more genuine bliss and joy.

However, I totally disagree with your second assertion that arriving at financial freedom (whatever that means to each individual)and living joyfully as a consequence is a freedom impossible to attain.

That (to me) is akin to saying that having full health isn't a cause for joy, or having a glorious relationship with one's spouse or one's child.... these bring me the greatest sense of aliveness and joy.

I have had dozens of friends and aquaintences who are financially free. While financial freedom is no guarantee of joy, it certainly can remove all sorts of barriers and open the doors to adventure, experimentation, a sense of freedom, safety and well-being.

There are two sides to the finance coin - or the opposite of being financially free is being financially restricted. Just as financial constraints are not necessarily 100% bad news, living with too little money over an extended period is very "angst-making" and stressful.

In summary, Margaret Ida, the ability to experience pure joy is a state of mind not contingent upon financial resources. However having the wherewithall to choose what one does is a magical experience too.
Adieu
French Claire

Originally Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus

The time to savour coffee and croissant for breakfast. To stand around the BBQ savouring freshly cooked seafood with family. To be there because someone needs me.

It doesn't matter if we sit on a milk crate or luxury recliner.

Yeah, but who pays for the coffee, the croissants and the seafood? If you have space for a barbie, you probably have a pretty decent house to live in - who pays/paid for that? I'll bet your patio isn't adorned with milk crates!

Would you be happy living in smelly, old clothes under a bridge, with just raw insects to eat and dirty canal water to drink? I think not!

This reminds me of Wayne Dyer, who has renounced the material world to devote his time to the spiritual in abject poverty...in a luxury, sea-view villa on Maui! MAUI!

Not that I mind that. If he has the money, why not? I'll take the recliner any day, but I won't pretend that it doesn't matter. Recently I am seeing that money is more important than I was telling myself it was, because I simply can't do a lot of the things I want to do in life without it. Money is a means to and end, but it isn't the end, and as long as we see it like that, we should be OK. It's when money becomes a god, that we start to get into trouble.

I know of one 'guru' or should I say 'Teacher Of The secret' to whom money is far more important than all the 'Universal Abundance' BS she talks, when money is one the table, taking the sleaze aspect of that infernal movie to a whole new level...down. It's amazing the corrupting influence money has on people, isn't it?

For me financial freedom is not having to think about money. That means having enough to live how I want (which is fairly simply, but able to buy treats, or travel, without worrying about it) and also not having too much (which I then have to invest, make sure no-one steals it, ensure it doesn't lose its value etc).

I heard somewhere that being rich is having $5 more than you need each month, being poor is having $5 less. So for me financial freedom is having that $5 more. And the rest can go hang. Lindsay

Your view is very idealistic.... the real world is different... money means work.. even since you need to invest it or make sure people won't steal it of you.

OP Offline

Dear Effortless Abundance Forum contributors,
I have been away exploring new horizons - having spent months and months focussing on Effortless Success. Never found a forum as active and inspiring as this one though. So I miss it and now I'm back to spill more beans and make sure I keep taking my Five-a-Day action steps just as Jack Canfield instructs.

I have discovered that I needed more input in order to again clarity on what is the life of my dreams. I mean, why commit to something when one isn't ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN it is what I want and whether it is attainable? Imagine giving it 100% attention and it isn't exactly what I want! So I have been snooping around in other programmes and fora and gaining clarity.

As I write I still haven't managed to find a buyer for our magical heritage home on the Atlantic Ocean in Ireland. That is holding me up. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to contact wealthy US nationals who may want a family seat in Ireland?

I have gained massive insight and am on my way to being financially literate. With this literacy my Ultimate Life has become so much clearer. Why? Well, now I know WHY I want money, how much, what money should do for me, and which of my targets really are enduring.

An example of this dawning clarity. I thrive in warm sunshine and I'm not really a winter person. Hence I thirst for a winter home on Sardinia (where I lived for 2 years) or Crete (the geology and climate draw me). It will be a house with lots of stone terraces and blue shutters. When we bought our current home in France, I immediately wanted to paint the shutters a mediterranean blue. No, no! lack of clarity! I was confusing this house with my summer home in-the-pipeline just because they both have wooden shutters at the windows. A holiday home in the winter sun is a recurring theme, so now I am going to fast forward it.

A final comment: What has happened to this forum since I got busy elsewhere? If you read this, drop in, say hello and lets kick-start the dialog again.

Adieu and may your Christmas be effortlessly, effortlessly successful,
French Claire

I believe our goals change as clarity changes and we learn more about new things in life. People who have clear and fixed goals have shut-off all the rest so they can concentrate on them. Whether this process bring them true, internal happiness is another story. I like to see these people in real life, and not through their sporadic comments on here.

I believe it is better to have well-defined, achievable goals in life (eg a house near the beach in Sardinia), rather than some massive, which is hard to achieve (eg a $100+ holiday complex to rent to tourists, just to remain in the same theme).

Try to use Google on how to spot websites in the US selling real estate in Europe. I would avoid paying fees to individuals for promotion.

Hi there, French Claire
I, too, have been occupied elsewhere for several months and am about ready to get refocused on business success. It will be great to visit on the forum again!
Margaret Ida

OP Offline

Welcome back, Margaret Ida. It's like coming home isn't it!
I have plenty of ideas and experiences to post, juts am very busy right now. I love the people active on this forum.
A special on-line hug from France,
Adieu
French Claire

Alex you are so right. I have been struggling with the concept of financial freedom for a very long time. But just recently I got into the vortex. It all came together. I have always been free. Freedom is an illusion. I am free if I choose to believe I am. Now life has opened up to me in a whole new way. Now am experiencing JOY everyday even while I sit on a “milk crate.”

My thought about life is the only thing I need to have and be whatever I seek.

peace

[url=link]"The Art of Loving Yourself"create joy,abundance&raise your vibration. Free download[/url]

Congrats!!! Enjoy your financial success. I know how it is to let go limiting thoughts and imagine good for ourselves. It takes effort and courage.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved