Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#73451 08/16/09 07:48 PM
OP Offline

Has anyone used Spring Forest Qi Gong for menopausal hot flashes? Was it effective? Any help would be appreciated!

WoodlandElf #73471 08/19/09 05:45 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha WooodlandElf,

Women have more Qi than men because they have two energy plants, the kidneys and the ovaries, while men have only the kidneys. Men’s energy goes downhill around 45 or 50, although it may be later now with care and exercise. Women’s energy goes downhill at 45 because that’s when menopause happens.

Whenever the body has a major shift from one stage to another, the body has to work it out. The biggest problem, or complaint, regarding this shift is with hot flashes.

Master Lin says this is not a bad thing. In the healing process, people often get healed in a flash of heat, which helps to open up new channels. The body knows how to fine tune from one stage to another.

To help, drink water, do Spring Forest Qigong and exercise during the transition. This will help ease it and you will be healthier afterwards. In Chinese herbal medicine, using
Dong quai helps to balance the energy in the kidneys and pancreas. Of course you should consult with your doctor before starting any herbal treatment, as it may not be best in your specific situation.

When the life force energy is stronger, it helps soothe the transition.

It is also good to eat black sesame seeds and ginger root (good for joints). Practicing Spring Forest Qigong will help balance the body and strengthen kidney energy.

For coping with the transition, use the Breast Massage Technique (created by a female Qigong master and found in the
Level II manual). You can do this morning and evening. Find a time where you can do it in your schedule-the morning shower time tends to work well for some students.

My wife recomends this massage to all of her private and SFQ Center clients, whether they have reproductive, kidney and breast issues or not.

The breast massage not only helps with menopause, it will help with problems with periods. The flow period will be shorter and you will detoxify faster. This can also help after a hysterectomy.

Much Love,

Shawn

Shawn_Grim #73578 09/03/09 04:10 PM
OP Offline

Thank you so much Shawn!

All this info is very much appreciated. I started the menopause at age 55--later than usual and I'm now 56. I already exercise and drink plenty of water. I will certainly try these things.

Thanks again!
Wendy

WoodlandElf #76542 08/11/10 08:10 PM

I read that the kidney energy is at its height between 5pm and 7pm. Is this the optimum time to do the breast massage?

zebra #76600 08/23/10 04:04 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha zebra,

That can be a good time, as well as 11-1, but more importantly is doing it rather than only if you can do it during an "optimal time."

Much Love, Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved