Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#7067 01/05/04 10:23 PM
Tore Offline OP
OP Offline

I just know that I've read somewhere that mr. Scheele isn't too keen on doing hypnosis. Something about people beeing in trances to much already. I may be totally wrong. Do anyone remember? Or what is wrong with beeing in trances?

Thanks in advance

Tore

Administrator
Administrator

Whilst studying hypnosis Paul had a revelation that a command that stage hypnotist gives like, 'You cannot move your foot, try but you cannot move your foot' and the subject indeed cannot move their foot.

(Paul has a neat way of explaining his revelation about this )

The fact is it dawned on Paul that we're doing that to ourselved all the time. Telling ourselves we cannot do something. We are hypnotising ourselves on an ongoing basis daily.

The goal is to get out of those limiting mindsets and away from the hynotised belief were we tell ourselves we 'cannot' do something thus holding ourselves back from the very goals we desire.

I don't think it's entiry true that Paul is not keen on hypnosis as it is a very useful tool and when used with knowledge and understanding can be applied to generate direction. Without his knowledge of hypnosis and his own understanding of trance states I doubt that he would be producing these powerful home study course and paraliminals that are changing peoples lives. It's important for us to realise that we are living in a trance state telling ourselves who we are what we do and why we cannot change etc. Only when we let go of these trances to we start realising our true potential.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited January 06, 2004).]

AMEN. We are never very far from hypnosis. People are always like "I want to get hypnotized!", and I want to say "too late, you've already been hundreds of times". Like when I wait in line at stores it's like now more than ever I hear folks proclaiming in conversations "Yeah, I'm a total procrastinator", "I don't know how they do that, some people just have it and I don't", These comments cause our other than conscious to make all this possible for us, after all it's like an obediant open child, it will do whatever you tell it. The truth is anyone can do anything, the possibilities and potential within each individual is equally powerful and limitless. Also if you see someone doing something that looks impossible to you, you have to remember that many individuals like that dedicate their lives to perfecting something and they put their whole life force into it, and they WANT it as well. If don't figure out what we want and stay open to all the possibilities everything slightly foreign to us will always look impossible.

Tore Offline OP
OP Offline

Okay. Thanks for clearing that up.

T

The paraliminal tapes are hypnosis tapes. How could he be against hypnosis. Hypnosis is a valuable tool.

Administrator
Administrator

Actually paraliminals are not hypnosis tapes they are opposite to what most people consider hypnosis. They are not intended to induce trance they are intended to wake you up from the trance hence many of the 'stories' help you to discover find and look for answers. Expanding or taking us out of the narrow trance focus that we often have prior to using a paraliminal that we cannot find a solution, that we cannot discover our geniues potential and that we are stuck with the status quo.

Hypnosis tapes generally provide a method or a solution specific set of actions you are expected to take and if you hear it offen enough you become "programmed" as in the sense of all hypnosis. Paraliminals aim to help you discover your true potential, your way, and what works best for you without alianating yourself from yourself. That's one of the reasons why the effects of paraliminals are so subtle for many they straighten the picture not repaint it.

This is how I explain the difference between hypnosis tapes and paraliminals. I'm sure Paul would explain it somewhat differently.

Alex

Where our thoughts go our lives follow.
That pretty much sums it up.
If you think you can't do something, or have never been able to do something before, then you've set yourself up to "not do it."
Ahhh... the possibilities of positive thinking!

I find more and more that what I'm thinking about will come to pass. In short order, no less. I work daily on keeping my thoughts on what I want, and not on what I don't want. Which is difficult (there - see?!!) but I am getting better at it. My up times are much longer than my down times.

Just an aside, I don't care at all for hypnosis tapes; I'm never quite sure about what is in the background. I do like and use the LSC tapes - very useful, and I do see results. Also combined with Silva methods.

And I think it's absolutely true that we have been hypnotized all our lives. How else would a unified society function?? But that's for another thread.

Well back to work ~ holidays are over and it's inventory time!!

*A* fellow traveler

I have listened to many hypnosis tapes. As far as I can tell the paraliminals take one into an altered state of consciousness and then gives the person listening a series of suggestions. How is this not hypnosis?

It's not enough to say that the are the opposite of hypnosis tapes and expect one to take that on faith.

If it walks, talks, looks, smells, and sounds like a hypnosis tape it probably is one.

They are hypnosis tapes. Usually one side leads the person through an NLP technique and the other uses a story (metaphor- a technique from Ericksonian Hypnosis.) I'm a hypnostist and an NLP practitioner and also have many hypnosis tapes, and there is no difference in the trance state I'm in with Paraliminals and other tapes or when I do self-hypnosis. I also consider the Silva Method and Imagestreaming to be hypnosis. Watching a movie is also hypnosis. From an NLP perspective much more falls under the category of hypnosis than what someone trained in an authoritarian style would consider hypnosis. I guess it really depends on what someone's definition of the word "hypnosis" is.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved