Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MB Offline OP
OP Offline

Is there any way to send sickness turned into smoke to the end of the universe without doing active exercises? Or perhaps I should rephrase my question. Is there any way to do the active exercises without causing a pain in the cervical spine (pain in the neck)?

I seem unable to do most active exercises, gentle as they are. They all impact my neck in the cervical spine area. I have a terrible pain in the neck right now from doing gently 10 minutes of Breathing of the Universe. Even just a few times can set this pain off.

I like the idea of sending the illness as smoke to the end of the Universe. I haven't however figured out how to do it with Spring Forest Qigong without pain. Please help.

Hi MB
I also suffer from pain in that area( as well as many other locations due to car accident and arthritis). How about starting small and building up? try 30 seconds of doing it actively, then just stand or sit ( or lie down if that's more comfortable for your neck), and then visualise yourself doing that particular Active Ex for the rest of the 10 minutes. Then try adding another 15-30 seconds every other day of physically doing them. Stabilise for 2 days, then begin to add more time. But do it all gradually, up to your borderlines of tolerance. Some discomfort is ok, but not to the point where it makes you feel like stopping it altogether. I was an inpatient in a pain management program in hspital and we all were taught how to build up pain tolerance very gradually. I promise you it really does work. Just be patient and be the tortoise, not the hare. I was virtually chair bound 13 years ago, but now can be up all day(still with pain levels, but far more managable). Also after nearly 40 days of practising qigong I am much more flexible in some areas of my body( and some of the exercises I did by visualising at first). Some other areas are worse, but I expected that as I open to new energy and clearing blockages, so the root causes are being worked on.
So, if you can stand, visualise sending the smoke to the ends of the universe, while you breathe out. Or do it lying down. Whatever posture you can manage that allows you to stay with the image as you breathe; you are reprogramming your mind by doing that, helping your body get there when it's ready to. Hope this helps. And someone with more experience may suggest something else.
Peggy

MB Offline OP
OP Offline

Peggy,
Thanks for your wonderful response. It gives me something encouraging to work on for Spring Forest Qigong. I am so glad you have had good results. Marian

Hi Marian
I'm really pleased you found what I wrote helpful. Having lived with chronic pain for years, I know how important a positive attitude can be. I have had many low periods, but sticking at it all, taking heart from every small improvement, and most recently, really wanting to let go of the root causes( not just the actual physical forms from car accident trauma)that made me me be more weakened have really helped.
I've also tried visualising smoke to ends of universe when I walk by the sea; it feels amazingly clearing and opening, even if I only do it for 5 minutes. Good luck, and let us know how you get on or if you want more support.
Peggy

Last edited by Peggy J; 10/29/09 11:11 AM.

I agree with Peggy's response. DO as much as you can without causing too much pain. Then make goals to add a few seconds to minutes after intervals of weeks, months, or years.

And when you can't do it standing, sitting or lying down at all, just sit, stand or lie down and visualize yourself doing the active exercise as much as you can.

Pretty much what Peggy said.

More important than exact posture or hand positions or movements is consistency. THe same time every day can be even more important than the amount of time per day.

If you can only visualize with no movement or posture, even sitting or lying down, and can only do that in one position for a few minutes, try and make sure that it is at the same time every day. If you can do any of the active exercises with less pain or discomfort, do those more.

And if you can, try making a goal of 100 days of that exercise(s) for that amount of time (even if only a few minutes) at x time every day. Take a break at 50 days and 100 days. Then that practice will be part of you forever. You will have made a change in your channels and in your body and energy that will be always with you no matter what.

Hope that helps.

blessings,

Steve

I agree with Steve. If all you can do is visualize while laying down, that still opens up your energy channels.

One thing I would add, though, is that energy in and of itself isn't bad. Energy is there to serve a purpose. Even sickness. I feel comfortable saying this because I was born in sickness, so I do know how hard it is.

But I have learned that once we are able to let go of the illness/sickness/emotions connecting them, the energy can serve another purpose. I remember Chun Lee mentioning that he takes the "excess energy" and puts it into his potted plants and it helps them to grow better.

If it helps you to get rid of the energy by sending it far away, that's great! But if you can allow your mind to understand that energy is neutral, neither good or bad, it can be used to help heal others, your pets, your family, or, like Chun Lee, your plants!

God bless.

-Jessica

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved