Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#7161 01/15/04 08:21 PM
OP Offline

Hi all,

How important is it to have the headphones on the correct ears? I bought a cheap pair of headphones whilst travelling and the ear pieces were clipped the wrong way around. when Paul Scheele said "This is the right ear" it was actually my left ear.

How important is it to listen to the right Channel with the right ear etc. I know there have been some posts on this but I would like this one question clarified please.

Rgds,
Tom

#7162 01/16/04 05:47 AM

It's ok to switch the headphones around every now and then so that the left and right channels are reversed. Get a different experience and why not?

Note that the language center in the brain is located on the left side for most people. Speech that goes into the left ear goes to the right brain and then gets routed through the corpus callosum to the left brain's language center so there is some delay. The right ear goes to the left brain directly without having to be re-routed.

#7163 01/16/04 07:03 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Cool you find yourself conducting the experiment to answer the question does it make any significant difference. Both voices actually com out of both sides. Since some people are deaf in one ear and miss a lot otherwise. But hey, do post your experience.

Alex

#7164 01/17/04 09:37 AM

Solutions,

I'd advise against it. A friend of mine tried it and his brain exploded.

#7165 01/17/04 07:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by babayada:
I'd advise against it. A friend of mine tried it and his brain exploded.

But that's what makes it so fun, Babayada. Now I'm so brainless, it just doesn't matter anymore.

ROFLMAO

#7166 01/20/04 01:57 AM

I've noticed that Paul Scheele carefuly designs his Paraliminals to talk to your left and right hemispheres in a certain way: a logical, rational monologue for your left side and an artistic, non-linear monologue for your right side. Not everyone is wired that way; left handed people for instance.

Cheers!

[This message has been edited by focuskid (edited January 19, 2004).]

#7167 01/20/04 07:09 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Actually it can be worth checking out. According to research 98% of right handers have language centers in the left (considered the norm). 2% of right handers have the language centers on the right.

66% of left handers have the language centers on the left and 34% of left handers have the language center on the right (i.e only 1/3 of the left handers actually have their language centers on the opposite side of right handed people).

Thanks for the experience, I photoread the book with that information 2.5 weeks ago, haven't activated it yet and when I read your post focuskid I thought, it's true, not everyone is wired the same and yet a majority of left handers are still wired the same. 2 shakes of a lambs taile found which one of the 15 books I photoread that day had the information that came to my minds eye, grabbed the book and opened the page. I still love experiences like that .

Alex

#7168 01/21/04 03:47 AM

Thanks for the experience, I photoread the book with that information 2.5 weeks ago, haven't activated it yet and when I read your post focuskid I thought, it's true, not everyone is wired the same and yet a majority of left handers are still wired the same. 2 shakes of a lambs taile found which one of the 15 books I photoread that day had the information that came to my minds eye, grabbed the book and opened the page. I still love experiences like that .

Alex[/B][/QUOTE]

Hmmmm... Not sure of your point there AlexK. I was referring more about learning styles. Generaly accepted that the rational, logical is predominantly processed in the left hemisphere and the artistic, visual is processed in the right hemisphere. I've noticed that Paul writes his paraliminals with this in mind which I'm sure works very well for the majority of people. Left handers on the other hand (sic!) may have to flip their headphones the opposite way to get somewhat good results from Paul's tapes.

I'm also pretty sure that Paul was aware of the dangers of being too right or left hemisphere dominant. I think that's why he included the Edu-K Cross Crawl in the prep exercises to photoreading.

Cheers!

#7169 01/21/04 09:04 AM
Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by focuskid:

Not everyone is wired that way; left handed people for instance.

I was referring to that statement, You implied that left handed people have a different learning style just because they are left handed. Not entirely true. Only one third of the left handed people are in fact wired differently and only 2% of right handed people are wired differently.

The reason Paul brought in edu - k is simply because it helps people to think outside their box and tunnel vision. There is nothing really wrong with ones learning style just most educations systems don't cater for the diversity so by teaching edu-k he brings online the individuals abilty to take some sort of control to take in the learning process.

The passage you quoted was my activation experience. Normally I would have agreed with your statement however a book that I had only photoread highlighted some research that showed that being left handed doesn't mean your brain functions differently and that paraliminals won't work as well. Since it's all auditory it all gets processed on the same side of the head anyway.

The main purpose of dual voices is to overload the conscious mind and get it to take a back seat instead of being critical it needs to just listen before it can discard the information.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved