Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hello everybody.
It is good to be here.
I just got my home study Qigong level 1 and I am having fun with it and a very wonderful experience.
I would have a few questions, is there anybody here who could perhaps answer me and help me to understand?
1. Is it better to do one 40 min session or two 20 min sessions? (I have a hard time to find 40 minutes in a day uninterrupted)

2. Is is OK to stop a movement for a second (like for example to take of my sweater if I get to hot) and then continue where I stopped?

3. What do I do when I can't imagine the light very well. What do I do when I can't visualize the energy flow so successfully?

THANK YOU SO MUCH,
Alexandra

Hello Alexandra, I to am junior member to SFQ, though i have been meditating using different modalities, for many years. I am a senior in age, i was looking for help in self-healing and regrouping so to speak my meditation practices.
SFQ, i have found very flexible and that is the beauty of it! In such a hectic world today, it IS hard to find time. It is perfectly o.k. to stop and take off sweater, take bathroom break, get drink of water etc.. It is o.k. to do 2 20min. sessions. ( in meditation,guided, Master Lin says it is best to get in at least 28min. to have the subliminal really take affect), If you are using a meditation to quiet mind, you can try just closing eyes, and focus on deep breathing, sometimes 5 mins. through out day.. to keep a sense of calm between lessons.
I am close to someone that had trouble visualizing his energy light until he pictured it as the sun. I have used candle flame, try any kind of light, led, another visual i use to use is my belly being a hill and the sunrise coming to the surface and eventually spreading out to encompass my whole body... feel the warmth...try energy as a river, or blood flow through out body( BUT as golden light...
I understand, i hope i helped a little! have fab. day!!! namaste'

Nancy
OP Offline

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it. Especially the info about optimal 28 min sessions. I will try to continue for at least 28 min from now on. Thank you again.
Alexandra

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved