Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#7232 02/06/04 01:01 AM
OP Offline

Hi Benny, You said,I know from my own expierience that you can make that inner voice talk positivley.Ok then does that mean that you won't hear anything negative from that voice again?( BTW I welcome your thoughts )If that is true then I accept your comment. If not can that mean that your positive thoughts are in control at that moment, and the negative voice is in the background. In a book that I read many years ago the Author says ( talking about voice's)that we have many voice's and he had a name for them, The committee.I believe that to be true.
Somtimes I have a very pleasant voice that comes to me from no where. Usually its when I first go to bed and if I'm not dead tired. Other times its when I wake up in the middle of the night and it takes me sometime to fell asleep again the voice shows up. I call it my I can do no wrong voice. Its makes me feel pretty good.Other times I have a voice that I call the loop. Its like a broken record. The same thoughts run over, and,over, and over. Again I am aware of all of this and its ok with me.

Think and grow rich, I read that book many years ago. I will check it out again.

Just because I write about the voice's in my head and the inner thoughts and all the other things we discuss, I am not consumed by any of it. I am in total harmony with myself, but also I am open to new discoveries,and idea's .

Dennis

#7233 02/06/04 03:48 AM
OP Offline

Betsemes, I started thinking about what to tell you about commodity trading and the mindset I use, and I had another thought. Because you are not going to trade for a year or so, and that you are new to the commodity trading world I'm going to keep this short. As everything else new you will get loss if I try to explain why I trade the way I do and what I am thinking at the time. There are many ways to trade and I don't know what's in your course.

I trade for one thing and that is to make money. period. Beleive it or not some trade for the excitement. Some gamble.

I am a swing trader so I trade more than others that trade patterns,etc. so I get some intense feeling some times.

One of the good things about trading is you don't have to make a split decison to trade now. From one day to the next you have about 20 hours to figure out if you are going to trade the next day or not. And If you are in the market or if you are going to get out.

The bad thing is the extra hours that you have allows that inner voice to challenge your decision and give you doubt.

You must have confident that what you are going to do is right. You do this by taking your course and trading By the book. Your inner voice ( remember your neighbor ) thinks it knows better and will at times try to convince you to take a chance and gamble your money away. ( Either I'm the Captain or the Mate.) With experience you will have more freedom to move away at times from the course book.

I will lose money at times but I will not over trade to try and get my losses back.

If a trade (setup) doesn't look right for me I will sit on the sideline knowing there will be other days.

Procrastination:I'm alway asking myself why??? if something isn't working out.
Why am I not able to finish, fill in the blank.

You get this sales letter telling you why you need their product, it all sounds good, you say to yourself, I need this product it will make me a better person, make me rich, I will have more friends, etc.

You send for the I got to have this product course and you wait for the mailman or ups to deliver it to your address. Now what just happen. How hard was it to read the sales letter, Make a decision to send for it, get on line and order it with your credit card or mail it in. There was no effort involved, you didn't have to focus on anything, study any material, all you had to do is wait.

The package comes, you can hardly wait to open it and start putting what you will learn to use. Now somewhere between the opening of the package and the last time you looked at the material something took place, and it don't look good.

This does not apply to everyone, only the
Procrastinaters. Now the hard part. Just like a lot of other things in life you head down the path of least resistance. It is easier to think about doing something than it is to do it.

I think before you( and I don't mean You )decide to start any course you need to really prepare yourself.

The first thing would be to be at peace with yourself.
Have a purpose, what is the end game.

Set Goals but make sure you can reach them.
If you don't see any results soon you may give up soon. Success breeds success, accomlishment breeds more of the same.
Make sure you will reach your goals. i.e.,I will read one chapter or listen to one tape a week, a day and do the assignment. At lease the course isn't sitting on the shelf. I will bet that some of the course's will tell you and me how to do it better than I can.

On the Photoreading course that I just received on the second tape it has a good explaination on how to prepare yourself. I didn't hear it all because the tape is bad and I have to send it back.

Remember the voice.

I think its time to put this subject to bed.
Take what you will, do with it what you want,and remember your not alone.

Dennis

#7234 02/06/04 01:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dolson1018:I trade for one thing and that is to make money. period. Beleive it or not some trade for the excitement. Some gamble.

Yes, my course tells so too.

quote:
One of the good things about trading is you don't have to make a split decison to trade now. From one day to the next you have about 20 hours to figure out if you are going to trade the next day or not. And If you are in the market or if you are going to get out.

The bad thing is the extra hours that you have allows that inner voice to challenge your decision and give you doubt.

I can think on one way or two to deal with that situation. That inner voice could be fueled by fear, maybe something that happened in your family while you were a child or maybe something your parents used to repeat. If you read my journal, you'll find a rather long post with many memories that triggered negative feelings related to my goal. The New History Generator helps to solve those fears by "rewriting our history", that's the term used in the course. Also, the Anxiety Free tape helps to overcome the fears and channel that energy in positive ways (I'm talking about the Ideal Mindset course, but it is a course that the more I think about it, the better I like it).

quote:
I will lose money at times but I will not over trade to try and get my losses back.

That's something that hasn't occured to me and something that was not mentioned in the course. It sounds to me as a gambler that was winning all the time and then loses everything s/he won. He tries then hard to rewin what s/he lost. That sounds like gambling and something that never crossed my mind before. I was thinking on just continue the same procedure to choose trades after a bad choice.

quote:
Procrastination:I'm alway asking myself why??? if something isn't working out.
Why am I not able to finish, fill in the blank.

You get this sales letter telling you why you need their product, it all sounds good, you say to yourself, I need this product it will make me a better person, make me rich, I will have more friends, etc.

You send for the I got to have this product course and you wait for the mailman or ups to deliver it to your address. Now what just happen. How hard was it to read the sales letter, Make a decision to send for it, get on line and order it with your credit card or mail it in. There was no effort involved, you didn't have to focus on anything, study any material, all you had to do is wait.

The package comes, you can hardly wait to open it and start putting what you will learn to use. Now somewhere between the opening of the package and the last time you looked at the material something took place, and it don't look good.

Someone said some time ago in this forum that procrastination comes from wanting to do two opposing things. Like the one that wants to give a speech, but doesn't want to stand up in front of the audience. Maybe one part of us want to prosper; the other part doesn't because it's full of fears. The course means prosperity, but also means risk. "Stuck States", that's how Paul Scheele calls those states. The Natural Brilliance model is design to solve those stuck states. That's the very first self-help course I took, it is very easy, but until recently, I didn't get much from it. When you posted your first message to me, I was in a stuck state. You can see by reading my journal that I blew up that "stop sign"; how? By putting Natural Brilliance to use. It's easy and effective, but my former failure with it was just because I didn't use it. I'd recommed it very heartily to you if you want to fight those "demons" more effectively.

quote:
This does not apply to everyone, only the
Procrastinaters. Now the hard part. Just like a lot of other things in life you head down the path of least resistance. It is easier to think about doing something than it is to do it.

"...so the path of least resistance is in the direction of your goal..." A phrase that I remember very well from the Prosperity coaching session because was something that stroke a cord in my mind very powerfully. If I could really achieve that state in which the path of least resistance is in that direction, then the sky is the limit. My struggle with my anxieties by the time of your first post was more because my inner intentions were to go in that direction. Then the fears kicked in, but since my energy channel was opened towards success, then I was stuck with a brick wall that blocked my way. I tried futilely to continue, and it was not until I blew up that wall that I could proceed. It was a matter of time, eventually I was going to do it.

quote:
I think its time to put this subject to bed.
Take what you will, do with it what you want,and remember your not alone.

It was good to talk to you.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved