Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Realize Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi

I have been doing 10 minutes of standinf qi gong per day and pushing through the strain on the muscles and knees as I feel really good afterwards. However after about a month of doing this almost daily it seems to have affected my knees in that they are sore and weak all day and particularly when climbing stairs. I gave it a month in case they were just strenghtening up still and getting used to this exercise but know I am concerned it is affecting them adversely. has anyone else had knee trouble from this exercise?

Thanks

Greetings Realize.

You say that you are pushing through the strain on the muscles?

I may be wrong, but it sounds like you may be 'trying too hard'
Take a look at how you are doing QiGong.

Are you letting the energy flow through you or are you forcing it? It should be an effortless process. Make sure you are as relaxed as possible and allow the energy to move through you as effortlessly as light would. Visualize that you are an empty vessel and that your breath draws in fresh, sparkling energy from the universe to your Dantien. Feel how easily it flows between the cells and atoms of your body--renewing you in every way.

When doing the standing QiGong, make sure there is 0.0% tension in your body at all times. When moving the energy, allow the old denser energies to dissipate and bring positive energy into your Dantien.

Get to know the exercise "7 Steps to New Life" from SFQ Level 1 very well. I would suggest doing that a lot. This exercise will definitely assist you in strengthening the tendons and ligaments in the legs.

~Z

You should give yourself one or two days a week to rest the knees and legs and don't do that particular exercise. Just like with every active exercise that affects the muscles, they need to rest to recover and build new stronger muscle. As you get stronger, you'll be able to do it more often.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved