Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#74593 12/22/09 04:29 PM
MB Offline OP
OP Offline

What is the success rate of Spring Forest Qigong in dealing with anxiety/panic attacks? There don't seem to be any testimonials.

What kind of program specifically does Chunyi Lin recommend for dealing with anxiety/panic attacks? How much time daily?

Thanks.

MB #74596 12/22/09 09:16 PM

Well, I suffer from an anxiety disorder and I have had panic attacks. And all I can say, is that my experience with qigong and Tai Chi in general and SFQ in particular is that it helps.

Especially when I do it! ;\) Doesn't help as much when I don't!

But seriously, I feel less anxiety when on days when I do it than days I don't.

What kind of program and how much time? There is no one who can answer that, even Master Lin. It is up to the individual to decide how much time they want to dedicate. And every person and situation is different, so than can be no hard fast rule. Unlike a prescription medication, for example, which might have minimum and maximum dosages, SFQ is energy healing and it varies so much according to people and circumstances.

Having said that, if it were me (and sometimes it is!), I would do at least the recommended 30 minutes a day every day, and if I had a more serious problem, I would do more. I would do this a minimum of 30 days, but try and shoot for 90. And then see what is needed.

The meditations are helpful in this kind of program.

I think the thing here is, to borrow from the Nike slogan, "Just do it!"

I believe there are some testimonials about this on the SFQ website, but I could be wrong. I also seem to remember a testimonial in this area in the BORN A HEALER book.

The truth, IMHO, is that SFQ is energy healing, message healing, information healing and signal healing. It is ultimately spiritual healing, which can mean "spirit" as in breathing and the "spirit of life" that is in you and in all things. Or a "Higher Power" however one understands that.

And it works. Somehow, when one does it, diligently and consistently, it works.

Give yourself the message, the information, the signal, before beginning (after the password and before going into the emptiness), "I am calm. My mind is calm, my nerves are calm. I feel good. I feel peaceful. All anxiety is excess energy and I can see/feel/hear/perceive/believe that that excess energy is shooting out of my body and back to the universe. I am grateful for that energy for whatever I needed to learn and now release back to the universe. I am completely healed." Or something to that effect.

Hope that helps.

Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!

blessings,

Steve
MB #74597 12/22/09 10:57 PM
DLJ Offline

I've been doing Spring Forest Qigong for about two months now and my anxiety levels are way down. I try to do a half hour of the active exercise plus the Small Universe meditation. Small Universe in particular really seems to ease my anxiety.
Hope that helps.

All the best,
Lynn

MB #74609 12/24/09 01:51 AM
MB Offline OP
OP Offline

Dear Steve and Lynn,

I am so grateful for your good messages which I found calming in themselves! I printed them and plan to use them for support.

Steve, your observations are so helpful, and your affirmation about calmness etc. should be a good addition for me. By the way, as you pointed out, Born a Healer does have a testimonial on anxiety/panic attacks; I just overlooked it.

Lynn, I was so encouraged by your remarks and returned to my practice in a better state of mind.

Blessings to you both and to others reading this message.
Marian

MB #74612 12/24/09 09:40 PM

You are welcome! Glad it helped.

A Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season and a New Year of Wholeness.

blessings,

Steve

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved