Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

It is fundamental to my increasing trajectory to financial success that I gain in financial literacy. I have just turned 50 and to date I have allowed myself to get side-tracked and distracted - or I've taken the scenic route. For the past 17 years I have helped others before I have helped myself - too much volunteering and not enough dispatching of invoices.

In an effort to lose my non-profit money programs and turn towards saying "Welcome" to financial independence, I bought a gem of a book:Rich Dad, Poor Dad by R. Kiyosaki. Here are some thoughts on financial winners and losers - adapted by me but based on Kiyosaki's financial savvy:

"People are so afraid of losing that they lose [because they refuse to engage in the game of making money in case they sustain a loss]

For most people, the reason they don't win financially is becase the pain of losing money is greater than the joy of being rich.

Winning means being unafraid to lose. Winning usually follows losing. Failure inspires winners. And failure defeats losers.

The secret of winners is failure inspires winning; thus they are not afraid to lose. There is a big difference between hating losing and being afraid to lose. Winners hate losing so losing only inspires them to become better. Poor people play not to lose; they don't play to win.

Stacking your assets column is easy but it's a high-attitude game. It takes guts, patience and a great attitude towards failure. Losers avoid failing and failure turns losers into winners."

For my part I've been too busy volunteering to play any financial games. To business Kiyosaki says that the busiest people are often the laziest. Well, I've never seen it from that perspective, but I now freely admit that I have been very financially lazy.

2010 will see me raising the financial stakes, and my focus is on generating capital. Let the game begin!

I love the post. Everything new I started I always failed bad at first, in 9 out of 10 of the cases when I failed at I had it shoved in my face by others, butttt I never gave up and always rose to the #1 spot just to shut peoples mouths. So failure always lead to my success that why I always encourage people not to give up.

OP Offline

You are too right. This is the classic motivational example of "moving away from something you don't want" or "moving towards something you do". My gut tells me that it is far easier to move towards an outcome you really desire. However my life experience has shown me that when I really do well, it is because I have achieved against high odds.

One example: I was managing a community development program (as a volunteer, what else). The woeful government supervisor with zero ethics to cap her other numerous incompetencies, constantly harped on at my insufficiencies, particularly a degree in psychology. I went out and got that degree, getting first class honours, excelling in every aspect of the four year course. Why? Because I was not going to let that pompous, incompetent **** prove herself right. Nothing but nothing would have come in my way.

I need to translate this same sense of determination into my current projects - right now becoming adept at internet marketing. I felt fear. Fear of making a fool of myself. Fear of asking stupid questions. Fear of actually making it work and the responsibility of high level success. Hence my post above about fear.

Now I've turned 50. That feels just wonderful. It also feels like a point at which I want to stop running old programs that no longer serve (actually they never, ever served me!).

Perhaps I should issue a challenge here. If I am too pathetic and weak and undisciplined to succeed at internet marketing.... well I invite any reader to tell me what I total loser I am. Perhaps that is what I need. Then I am 'moving away from' your scorn and ire as an added motor to my growing stock of 'just do it NOW' programs. I can be great and financially free. If I don't get there I let myself, my family and a whole universe down by letting my drab-and-dreary-self succeed in a gross act of sabotage.

Here is to a superlative 2010. Is anyone going to join me in overcoming your ill-serving programs and finally, finally reaching your full potential?

French Claire said
"I went out and got that degree, getting first class honours, excelling in every aspect of the four year course. Why? Because I was not going to let that pompous, incompetent **** prove herself right. Nothing but nothing would have come in my way."

I bet it felt sooo good You are a winner and have a big big advantage over most. You your learning strategies programs to help you attract the right internet marketing learning materials and tools. Trust me you be lead to the best of the best.

OP Offline

Hello again CPW1,
Thank you for your meaningful message. I appreciate it. I don't know you and you don't know me either, yet we can communicate and resonate via the miracle of the internet. I just want you to know that your words unleashed a shower of good feelings in me about myself. Actually, you are 100% correct. I am a winner - and I am creating a team of winners around me to support me. It is the last day of the year, my 18th wedding anniversary, and a time of desired change for me. I have committed to positive change. CPW1, you can watch this space! I inadvertently played the game of loser by not aiming high enough. Now I want to inhabit that exhilerating, stimulating space of making things happen in a BIG FORMAT. I want to live a LARGE life.

I wish you an amazing 2010 and keep in touch. Let this be our success log. Why loiter in the cool and shade of the valleys if one can jump from sunlit pinnacle to sunlit pinnacle?

By the way, this forum is a BIG SPACE. Big enough for everyone to contribute and aim for effortless success. How about it then? Who? I mean YOU.

Hi! I have been in your shoes, and know where you're coming from. I'm very impressed by your positve approach to financial challenges, especially in the light of the last couple of years we've had of this decade. The point is, you really can make it if you want to, and you guys have obviously seen that. But now it's time to make it a reality. It can be done, in the face of all the adversity. Take up the challenge and enjoy it! It's about 5 minutes away from 2010 here, so I'm going to go and get the shampers...so good luck for 2010!

OP Offline

Hello Positive Climber,
Your first post. Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of great people spend time and share here!

I thought about the composites of the word 'resolution', and I have come to the conclusion that it is a misnomer! Who wants to re-solve something this year? Surely what we want instead of re-solutions are New Year's Solutions.

My personal growth solution for 2010 (besides generating €15,000 per month by the end of the year - and I have the action plan in place for that) is to ban my inner critic (that voice which speaks negatively and casts shadows over my life) and open my ears, heart and mind to listening to my inner winner. The voice which uplifts and tells me "I can".

Now, in 2010, Positive Climber, I shall make a great life my reality (an I have never, ever had a clearer understanding of what my great life is), so I'm taking you up on your challenge.

Here's to a great life - for all of us. May 2010 be a year of great Solutions.
Adieu,
French Claire

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved