Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#74648 12/29/09 11:42 PM
OP Offline

Hi,

I am long time photoreader more than 10 years.

What is the difference between Photoreading 4th ed. (2007) at
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/09254...&sr=8-2&seller=

and Photoreading 3rd. (1999) at
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Photoreading-Whole-Mind-System/dp/0925480533/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Thank you in advance. Wish you very happy new year 2010 and bring all the successes you deserve with this photoreading skill.

Mike

I asked the same question back in 2007, i.e. differences between the 3rd and 4th edition, please see this link for answers:
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/...61198#Post61198

Thomas

hi, photoreader.
could you help me with the activation PLEASE. ???
It`s all I need PLEASE !!!

I`m trying all dayS activate the dictionary and other book, I follow the same steps
1. prepare
2. porpouse
3. preview
4. photoread
5. postview
6. mindmap
7. ask
8. activate... I don`t find an answer in my no conscious mind. I wait 2 to 24 hour to incubate the book, what can I do ?
jhauzeur85@hotmail.com

Learning Strategies Admin

The missing step is Activate, That comes after postviewing and that is what you spend most of the time doing if you do the 4 day test. Use the activation techniques as explained in the chapter called Activation of the PhotoReading book.

I must again ask why are you doing this with a dictionary? Why not a book you are interested in that you would normally read? The purpose of the 5 day test is to help you compare your traditional reading with using the PhotoReading system.

Considering that the dictionary is normally only viewed as a reference book and rarely does anyone actually sit down and read it. PhotoReading the book with the PhotoReading step alone daily for a month puts more information into your brain than for those who only ever open the book if they really have to.

What's your purpose with the dictionary?

AlexK

ok, thanks, I understand the point.

my purpose with the dictionary is gain general knowledge about the lenguage.

also I photoread the book: how took my money? by Robert kiyosaki.
with this book, my purpose is know the main idea of each chapters.
I follow the steps, and... I´m trying activate the same book over 4 days.

the first day I do all steps and activate.... no answer
second day ... the same
the third day, comes a word to my mind, and tried find it in the book... the word is not in the book... no answer

I want cry, I really believe in photoreadin, but my mind is blocked
what can I do ?

Jacques

Hi Jacques

Do not despair, you will get there, I promise!

What activation techniques are you using and how are you approaching activation?

Kind regards to all

Cheryl-Anne

Originally Posted By: jhauzeur85
my mind is blocked

Jacques

Sorry, suddenly noticed this part of your message. If you are thinking "My mind is blocked" as you try to activate your book, or even simply in connection with PhotoReading, then that is what will happen.

You need to change this affirmation to something more positive that will tell your inner mind what you want it to do. Something that I picked up from the LSC blog (see http://www.learningstrategies.com/blog/index.php/archives/98 for the entry) might be useful for you. Paul Scheele posted something that I found really useful and have since started using my version as an affirmation prior to PhotoReading. This is what Paul says:

“Say to yourself that you can read with full concentration, recognize key information, and achieve high comprehension quickly to accomplish your needs. Believe you can, and you will.

This may simply sound like “positive mental attitude.” Yet if you do not purposefully affirm the positive, you may be shutting off your true capacities with subtle anxieties about the task.”

So you also need to reframe your approach to PhotoReading by adopting a new affirmation based on the above, something like:

“As I PhotoRead, my concentration is total and my inner mind recognizes the essential information I need to achieve my purpose of ………”

Does that help?

Kind regards to all

Cheryl-Anne

Well said, Cherl-Anne!

Sub-vocalization and/or talking to ones self and/or muttering...

...are the most potent and powerful methods of delivery by habit; indeed the most potent and powerful enforcer of ones own box. The only thing more deadly?

Off handed remarks to other people, because the social reality is we generally 'talk' or 'write' to hear out and 'know out better' our own ideas.

'There is no rule more binding than those of ones own making' and the ways of 'making' are many and often very subtle.

The first day I Photoread the book. I started with the state of learning. and I considered a purpose. then I did a pre reading of three minutes. Then I set photofocus and photoread the book.

I waited 24 hours to incubate the book. To begin to activate the book, asked questions, what can I learn from the book?, What is the idea of the book, chapters?. after 10 minutes asking me questions, not getting any response. I decided to make a mindmap, but no ideas came to my conscious mind.

the same happened for 2 days. The second day I tried to activate the book with the super reading and dipping. NO ANSWER.

I have several days trying to activate the same book, how took my money? by Robert Kiyosaki. while I tried to activate a dictionary.

my purposes are: Dictionary - Learn the meaning of words, to gain more knowledge of the language.

and the book - the central ideas of the chapters of the book.

I still have trouble, and not answered on the book, still do not know what the book was about.

please help me, I feel that I am in a bit to achieve PhotoReading a book, but still not what I need

Last edited by jhauzeur85; 03/30/10 02:39 AM.

The main idea of each chapter is in the chapter heading.

Since the main idea of each chapter is summarised in the heading you would only need to read the chapter headings and you're done.

So knowing the chapter headings can't be your real purpose

Here is a reading assignment. Allow yourself 15 minutes

PhotoRead the PhotoReading book 4th edition If you're using one of the other editions make sure you PhotoRead it and find the section on purpose.

After PhotoReading activate straight away. For this short assignment no incubation is required. Since I'm directing you.

Have a look at page 24 & 25 of the PhotoReading book 4th edition.

To help you with your purpose for that reading assignment I just gave you.

Your purpose is to learn how to establish a purpose for reading a book.

Now I'll lead a little more, for this your activation consider the following questions you might like find answers to a few of them.

What questions so I need to ask myself to establish a purpose. Considering the book I would like to activate next what information should I be taking from these 2 pages Alex asked me to activate?

A bonus question. If I needed further clarification or help in finding my purpose for reading. What would be the question I need to ask Alex and if I were Alex how would I answer it.

Be playful let go of the blocks with the positive affirmations already suggested.

Keep asking question.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved