Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#74661 12/30/09 10:46 PM
OP Offline

dear forum moderator,
can you advise of any - independent & published 'controlled blind studies'- which grant objective authenticity to the photoreading method.

And, has there been any work done on establishing a direct link between - quality / depth of trance (altered state) and results obtained.

Thanks

Walkingghost.

It basically the same thing as subliminals

So you are saying there is no scientific evidence proving effectiveness of these method?

By the way I do have access to all published academic research articles and I could not find a single one supporting the claims made by Learning Strategies.

I did find one article presenting the findings concluding that there is no clear advantage expressed in terms of superior speed and comprehension PRELIMINARY ANALYSIS OF PHOTOREADING

I also found an interesting comment made by the Jukka Hyönä: Professor of Psychology, University of Turku, Finland. Here is what he had to say.

"Courses are offered to businessmen and -women and other interested members of the society to teach them efficient reading habits by means of speed-reading techniques (the latest fad is “photoreading”). They are based on an almost completely wrong view of the reading process, which means that considerable money and time is being wasted on nothing."

Learning strategies I urge you to convince me.

Last edited by dafreedomfita; 01/01/10 09:25 AM.
OP Offline

thanks dafreedomfita for your response.

No! I wasn't saying that there was no evidence for photoreading; anyway, i wasnt in the know...either way: availability or
non- availability of evidence.

I was merely curious. Given, how "well known" and embraced the photoreading technique is, it seemed to me that there should be objective evidence available, other than the subjective and positive experiences of dedicated photoreaders. Besides...the introdcution of the photoreading technique into primary and secondary levels of education would be darn impossible if such evidence is lacking; a controlled (triple) blind study...involving a significant sample of - photoreader experts and novices, participating.

I had a look at the link you sent me: article about [PRELIMINARY ANALYSIS OF PHOTOREADING]. The artcle's findings concluded that there is no clear advantage of PhotoReading...expressed in terms of superior speed and comprehension .

I've got to say, i think we should disregard the findings of this photoreading analysis, it was flawed in many regards, and as such its conclusions are irrelevant. Also, we dont know whether the expert photoreader in this execrcise was tested in accordance with their - initial stated intention, and also... whether the expert and trainee photoreader had the same - initial stated intention.

However, that said, i think efforts should be invested in establishing the veractity of - photoreading claims - within the dynamic of an objective world. After all, Knowledge is a hybrid of [objectivity and subjectivity]. All that needs to be proved is the - superior speed and comprehension outcomes; not the logic of the process. I do accept though, that it would be near enough impossible to analyse the contribution PhotoReading makes towards a person's - Overall Genius Factor

The discovery of the roundness of the earth was subjective,
but is provable within the objective.

Agree i think Learning Strategy should commission a study making it as transparent and objective as possible. I would suspect that for a method with such grandiose claims this should/would have been done by now unless it was done and the results are not favorable or conclusive.

OP Offline

Please! Does anybody...anybody at all out there: know of any independent [study or analysis] which corroborates the wonder of photoreading. There seems to be one or two studies which repudiate it rather harshly

And for the record, i am not a - photoreading sceptic.

I understand very well that the - subconscious mind - is a [super monstrosity of intelligence], it needs to be seduced, tamed and harnessed. Some people are not in good rapport with their subconscious minds...when this happens, poor results are achieved with any art that requres its fullest cooperation; arts such as praying, divination, magic, creative writing, healing, composing music, photoreading etc. And even chatting up on the game...[YES].

A full command of the subconscious mind is necessary for the sensitive arts to bloom.

Thank you.
walkingghost.

Hi walkingghost!

There is none. And no plans thereto that I am aware of.

And the originators have been long silent...

And I have no information for same.

======================

That said, it could be nice to go about 'proving' it I suppose but I am not up to being involved with it.

There are a host of known feats by 'the few' and they largely remain unaccepted by society or even scientific communities themselves who are generally often at odds with themselves as to what is the truth.

No religion now extant could 'survive the burden of proof' though I would dearly love to see them put through the drill.

Additionally, I would re-write the whole course and place the training squarely on personal mental discipline and intuitive exercises.

It is not the course itself, it is the ideas involved.

Find your own way to pursue the 'idea working for you', no matter the course or discipline you decide upon.

According to research and a doctor that that spent 10 years in school I suppose to be walking around with a cane with no chance of seeing one foot ahead of me and its impossible for me to drive a car, but I been doing it for along time now. Sometimes research tends to be contaminated for greedy reasons you have to be your own researcher and tester sometimes. Trusting research 100% is like trusting a total stranger with a Crack Pipe in their mouth with your wallet full of money.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved