Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
tk421 Offline OP
OP Offline

anyone know of audio that helps u fall asleep fast! i wouldnt call insomnia but ive had persistent restless sleep and trouble falling asleep

I've tried using binaural entrainment to get to sleep because I was a chronic insomniac. It worked for a few hours but I would wake up again still unable to sleep. Quieting the mind, deep rythmic breathing and relaxing aromatherapy scents seemed the most effective.

My advice to you is to check your diet (coffee, sugar, junk food, soda, etc...) and check how much physical activity your getting.

Music and all other gadgets seemed to work muck better when my body was clean.

Cheers!

FocusKid, can you speak a little more about rythmic breathing and aromatherapy? Where can I get more information on these areas? thanks.

bhenry: Aromatherapy scents are everywhere but a good place to look is a health food store. A good basic book on the subject helps if you're starting out. Book stores are full of them. Be careful, some of the scents, like Chamomile, can be very expensive.

Rythmic breathing: Get an audio tape on the subject. Books are OK but you're kind of in the dark about the fine details. Some good tapes: Healthy Breathing by Ken Cohen and Conscious Breathing by Gay Hendricks, Ph.D. The books can come later.

Try Sleepytime Tea, or some really powerful(almost too much)Yogi Tea: "Bedtime", they have kinds for just about everything, focus, pollen season, and yes Bedtime 1 hour before bed is the bomb.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved