Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#74984 02/08/10 07:25 AM
OP Offline

Hi Guys, any help would be appreciated. This year I decided to study on a masters program at university to enhance my career prospects. I am having to do this part time in the evenings as I also work full time as well as being a single mother. No matter how hard I try, I am submitting all my assignments in late. I sit down to work on them, but I just cannot focus, my mind goes blank and it is taking me at least 10 times longer than anyone else on the course. Its procrastination and self sabotage on a very deep and subconscious level. I own all of the paraliminal collection and have been listening to Get Around To It every day. Usually this gives me a buzz and I achieve alot in a day. But when it comes to my assignments....nothing. I'm afraid that I always have to make myself suffer and do things in the hardest way possible. Any advice on what can help me would be much appreciated and gratefully recieved!

I had this problem too and the one thing that helps me (personally) focus the best is a brisk exercise before studying.

OP Offline

Thanks CPW1, and then you could sit down and focus without your mind wandering everywhere but on your task?

I focus alot better.

OP Offline

Thanks again! Will try it. I would also appreciate any help with what paraliminals can help me to stop sabotaging my concentration and stop me making it as hard as possible for myself to succeed.

I have also noticed a previous post on a similar issue, any other advice? I will take on board what has been said there. Alex what do you recommend?

Last edited by pinksitara; 02/09/10 10:44 PM.

Automatic Pilot and I also highly suggest a MotivAider

OP Offline

Never thought of automatic pilot, will try it. I looked up motivaider as I hadnt come across them before. A bit pricey here in the UK. Are they worth it? Do they work?

I was worth it for me (personally). They are basically timers to help you focus by sending you a Vibration every 10, 20, 60,ect mins you set the MotiveAider on. I (personally) use mine to help me with useless daydreaming throughout the day, For example- when I am at work or driving and get bored I will slip into useless (junk) daydreaming when the MotiveAider vibrates I will start doing constuction daydreaming I has lots of uses I (personally) used mine to shift and change my background noise in my head(self talk)and I imprinted certain affimations, I also used my MotiveAider for Posture correction ,breathing,feeling exercise, positive thinking, ect. and I am about to start using my MotiveAider for the The Works and Portable memory bank exercises.

OP Offline

I see the benefits of spending that much money now and will be getting a MotivAider. Let see how it goes! It is so true, that my mind also wanders and the task at hand gets left, so hopefully this will help. Thank you for sharing your personal experience CPW1!

There is also a Watchminder 2 you might want to look and compare the two of them. With the Watchminder 2 it will do the same thing exept you can program the Watchminder 2 to say something like breath across the screen when it go off.Its more expensive, harded to program and more of a headache at first until you get use to programming it. Plus if you put it on Vibrate the batterie will not last that long. I bought both of mine from toolsforwellness heres the link to the WatchMinder 2. http://www.toolsforwellness.com/99758.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved