Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#75024 02/15/10 01:07 AM
Gianni Offline OP
OP Offline

I am aware of the study that doing SFQ improved the osteoporosis in men. I am interested if there is any study of its effects in women? Are there any testimonials by women that their osteoporosis was reversed doing SFQ?

I tried doing a search here and on the SFQ website, but found nothing.

Gianni #75025 02/15/10 01:49 AM
MB Offline

Gianni's question is very important, for many women over 50 have osteopenia/osteoporosis. I too would like to know if any women have increased their bone density by doing SFQ.

I have been told that the active exercise Moving of Yin and Yang is good for improving bone density.

QUESTION: How long would a woman have to do this to work toward increasing bone density?

QUESTION: Have any SFQ forum members developed their own SFQ program for improving bone density?

Comment: This would be in addition to diet, measures to increase alkalinity, and weight-bearing exercises.

Marian

MB #75057 02/17/10 07:54 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Gianni and MB,

I haven't seen a study done with women.

Your "comment" is important. Qigong isn't everything-you still need proper nutrition, sleep, exercise, and emotional balance.

When looking at bone density, one place to focus clearing and strengthening is the Kidney System. It includes the 2 kidneys, bone marrow, density, bladder and breast, and reproductive
organs. Life Force is from the kidneys - is most important energy in the body. If used up too fast life is shorter, when it is depleted life is over, so Chinese medicine always addresses kidney energy and how to protect it in everyday activities.

The Small Universe meditation and Moving of Yin & Yang (standing)can be a good place to start, as well as massaging the Bubbling Spring point at the bottom of the feet, patting the tail bone, and cupping the kidneys.

Fears and worries damage the kidneys, block reproductive organs and affect bone density and bone marrow. Spending some time with the Self-concentration exercise, or Chunyi's mediation from the Euphoria! course can assist here as well simply putting a smile on your face.

Much Love, Shawn

Shawn_Grim #75131 02/21/10 10:05 PM
MB Offline

Shawn,
I'm so pleased with your excellent ideas for enhancing my SFQ practice to deal with osteopenia/osteoporosis. I'm already doing Moving of Yin and Yang, as well as Small Universe, and have begun to expand my practice to include your other ideas.

As for your suggestion about Self-Concentration, shall I just do the tape as is? Or did you mean I should focus on increasing bone density, or did you mean something else?

Gratefully,
Marian

MB #75197 02/26/10 05:35 PM

I really like Shawn's answer here. It is helpful for so many reasons.

I would be interested in any responses to MB's second "QUESTION: Have any SFQ forum members developed their own SFQ program for improving bone density?"

As for the first question, my educated guess is that there is not one answer to this question. To say a time would be too short for some people (i.e. leading them to having a fixed expectation that might disappoint) or too long for others (i.e. leading them to a fixed expectation that might inhibit a faster result!).

The answer will vary from individual to individual.
It also would depend on how much the individual can do at one time and maybe even the level of their focus and the power of the message they use while practicing (as per Shawn's last paragraph).

And for MB's final and most recent question:
 Quote:
As for your suggestion about Self-Concentration, shall I just do the tape as is? Or did you mean I should focus on increasing bone density, or did you mean something else?

I think Shawn meant the tape as is, however, since everyone can use whatever intentions or visualization one wants during the meditation section where Master Lin just kind of leaves you for awhile to meditate, you can also focus on the increasing of bone density.

And to add one more meditation to Shawn's recommendations of Self-Concentration and/or the Euphoria meditation, here's one more:

Although, I don't think they carry it here, "THE BUTTERFLY HEALING GUIDED MEDITATION" is another very good variation of the Self-Concentration Meditation (all of these and many of Master Lin's guided meditations are all variations, including the ones he does on the SFQ PAraliminals, which are also awesome. He also does these live on the phone calls and each one is unique and different).

And I think it can also be both of your answers as well: i.e. you can just use music or silence or a background chant (such as the Heart Sutra or the 6 Word Chant or whatever sacred chant of your choice) and just follow a basic outline of the "script" that is on the Self-Concentration Guided audio yourself.

You just follow the basic outline, prepare, relax, open channels, straighten and strengthen the spine, visualize yourself in a healing place, at a healing and healthy time of your life, in a good mood, and hang out there visualizing yourself as you want to be. Stir, simmer and sit/lie/stand there for 10-30 minutes or until done.

Then see the energy spinning clockwise like a ball in the lower tan tien, getting smaller, brighter faster, until an energy pill hiding deep in behind the navel. Take a deep breath three times. Rub the hands, face, comb the hair, cup the head, massage the ears, etc.

Repeat until enlightened or completely healed, whichever comes first.

blessings,

Steve
shakurav #75249 03/06/10 05:55 AM
MB Offline

Steve,
I'm so glad to receive your excellent remarks on osteoporosis. I will certainly act on them.

One more call: Is there any woman on this forum who has developed and does a Spring Forest Qigong program for increasing bone density and dealing with osteoporosis?

Marian

Gianni #75252 03/06/10 07:31 PM
DLJ Offline

Hi Gianni and Marian,

I am also concerned about this issue. I remember reading a few months ago on the Internet a story about a woman who dramatically increased her bone density with qigong. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it again. I did find this blog post with some links to articles about bone density and qigong that you may find helpful: http://bewellqigong.blogspot.com/2008/04/qigong-can-help-prevent-and-reverse.html

All the best,
Lynn

MB #75366 03/18/10 08:09 PM

Hello All ! I have been a member of SFQ for 2 years now and have followed Chunyi Lin for 4 years.
I have minor Osteoporosts, RA, Had Shingles, have PHN. My muscles became so atrophied by being in bed for most of a year that it was difficult to stand. Since practicing SFQ, i had to start with baby steps. Go slowly and consistantly, lying down to do Small universe, moving of Yin Yang, breathing of the Universe. Then i went to sitting then standing. My stamina is getting soooo much better and my bones are stronger so is the supportfor them ( which was huge for me).
I also use Paul Sheele's paraliminals for meditation support and visualisation in my self-healing. The Perfect Health is a wonderful meditation!!
tip: When you visualize your bones, picture them already strong, dense, and young. I can say it HAS WORKED for me!! Also you might want to sign up for Master Lin's Phone Healings they ARE Healing.. be patient with your self.
To Love & Lightness, nancy f. smile [i][/i] p.s. ALL this happened to me after a back surgery!

Nancy
DLJ #75473 03/26/10 07:48 PM
Gianni Offline OP
OP Offline

Originally Posted By: DLJ
Hi Gianni and Marian,

I am also concerned about this issue. I remember reading a few months ago on the Internet a story about a woman who dramatically increased her bone density with qigong. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it again. I did find this blog post with some links to articles about bone density and qigong that you may find helpful: http://bewellqigong.blogspot.com/2008/04/qigong-can-help-prevent-and-reverse.html

All the best,
Lynn

I looked at the link and found it helpful. The link gives an example of a woman who healed/is healing herself of osteoporosis. She sounds like the person you were looking for.

Gianni #75476 03/26/10 08:00 PM
Gianni Offline OP
OP Offline

I am grateful to all who responded to my request for information and found it interesting that no one was responding in the beginning.

I am also surprised that more hasn't been done in this area. It effects most women; it seems like they were being ignored. I don't know why there was a study on men and not on women.

My original question came about because my wife who had breast cancer about 25 years ago was put into early menopause as a result of the treatment. She has had a steady bone loss during that time. She has been taking Fosamax for a few years and stopped taking it in January.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved